North To Alaska--May 3, 2011 on the Disney Wonder

just spent a few hours w/ my cruise room-mate talking over what we plan to do.

Juneau - whale watching cruise (non DCL)
Ketchikan - Lighthouses, Totems & Eagles
Skagway - White Pass Railway Train & Bike (WPRT & Trail Camp is 2nd choice)

Eat crab legs, eat salmon :lmao:

We've never been on the ship for Mother's Day but we have spent the last 2 Mother's Days at WDW. I don't remember any particularily special at WDW except I do recall CM's giving out flowers to the Mom's at the resturant (we dined at Kona Cafe). We will be in Ketchikan on Mother's Day since we don't arrive until lunch time maybe DCL with have a special breakfast in Triton's.

I'll by Mama Margaret at drink. Bloody Mary's or Mimosas?

Randall

:rainbow:

Us also - it's a down hill ride - that really doesn't deserve a King of the Mountains jersey! :rotfl2:

Ken

It's my dream LOL:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Wonder what kind of bikes, I'll probably want to tear min down and rebuild for a smoother ride. :lmao:

:confused3

Scott...you don't seem the polkadot type....I'm assuming this is some sort of a refernce to the Tour De France????? or in our case the Tour De Alaska?????

yep, a Tour reference, the rider who is the best climber is awarded the polkadot jersey.

Ken, did you ever get the Mickey Jacket? we could really style with those.

yep, a Tour reference, the rider who is the best climber is awarded the polkadot jersey.

Ken, did you ever get the Mickey Jacket? we could really style with those.

No - I passed on that one. I have a feeling that we will need something warmer then that anyway.

http://www.cyclealaska.com/

Here is their link. Trek and Specialized.

They do have an interesting Jersey.

We are on the early one at this time so that we can have some time to explore after the ride.

A pinch cheeper is booked straight with them, but you do not get the advertised granola bar. LOL

Wondering if DCL will make an arrangements for anyone wishing to purchase an ulu.

I got ours several years back.

Wondering if DCL will make an arrangements for anyone wishing to purchase an ulu.

I got ours several years back.

I had to google it to figure out what a ulu was. :rotfl2:

I can see it now, people using a ulu at the dinner table. :lmao:

Ken

I had to google it to figure out what a ulu was. :rotfl2:

I can see it now, people using a ulu at the dinner table. :lmao:

Ken

I remember being at Pt Barrow and watching watching Inuit ladies butcher walrus with them. They made quick work of it.

Did you decide on the Classic or Magnificent? There are just too many choices :upsidedow

Kathe

We decided on the Classic. I saw yesterday that DCL added a 2nd tour that day for the Classic. We are now on the later tour and will try to squeeze in something else when we get off the ship! I figured to go with the late. If the tour is late, DCL won't sail without us! Hopefully!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter