North To Alaska--May 3, 2011 on the Disney Wonder

Thanks Randall....no lynching from me....I'm happy you were able to book what you wanted....Maybe there will be hope that the enhanced Lumberjack show will be available when our booking window opens on the 18th....do you recall if any of the other excursions that offered the Lumberjack show were available?

I was able to book the excursion to Saxman Village and lumberjack show ,adult departure.

I don't want to be Johnny Raincloud, but I would be inclined to say that if there are no fireworks in Alaska, then they would not stock the ship for LA to Vancouver.

After the Alaska season, the Wonder goes into a two week dry dock before she goes back to LA. If they cannot stock fireworks in Vancouver (and I'm guessing the port plays into this as much as the environment concerns in and around Alaska) then they could not offer fireworks on the return.

The disparity of having fireworks up, but not back would probably be justification enough for DCL to not have them at all outside of the Mexico itineraries. Just my $0.02 (maybe it's only $0.01 with inflation).

Randall

:rainbow:

Randall DCL announced shortly after the cruise was announced that there would be no fireworks, the enviromentalist banned them. As the cruise gets more into the summer there is the issue of the sun not going down as well. We were on the Baltic cruise in June 2010 and there where no fireworks because the sun never really went down but we still had a great pirate celebration! Sue
:dance3:

Not wanting to be lynched by my fellow cruisers, but I was able to book a few things this morning. So I share this only to provide information to jlwhitney, not thumb my nose at everyone. I chose the first time available for the things we wanted to do if there were more than one departure.

Our excursion in Ketchikan is scheduled for 11:15 a.m.
Our excursion in Juneau is scheduled to depart at 7:45 a.m. Bring on the :coffee:
Our excursion in Skagway is scheduled to depart at 8:45 a.m.

The Lumberjack show in Ketchikan (the Disney Enhanced version) was not available. Which leads me to refer you to Erik & Jason's post earlier:

So I wonder when it might open - no pun intended there.

Randall

Our Ketchikan excursion - Saxman Native Village and Exclusive Lumberjack Show - Adult only Departure - departs 1:45 returns 6:15

Our Skagway excusrion - Best of Skagway - departs 8:45 and returns 3:45

Outside of my dive trip (this tour is not offered by any cruise line and require dry suit certification) We are just going to walk around. The towns are small enough that we like to explorer them on our own. :cool1:

I do not think there will be fireworks because most of the cruise will be close to land and might scare the wildlife. :scared1:

For all of you that are new to Alaska:

1. if you were thinking of getting a new camera, get it. If you can swing the extra money for a SLR, get a few lens.

2. Do not expect to get much sleep. If you are like my wife and I, the scenery will keep you awake

Our Ketchikan excursion - Saxman Native Village and Exclusive Lumberjack Show - Adult only Departure - departs 1:45 returns 6:15

Skagway excusrion - Best of Skagway :This is a GREAT excursion, we have done it before, and will do it again!!!

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Anyone have any idea about which night the pirate party will be? Formal night? Are they typically done on sea days or port days? Since we have early dining and we are in port until 7ish a couple of days wondering what we might miss if we are still off the ship! Difficult to plan when you only have partial info!

Anyone have any idea about which night the pirate party will be? Formal night? Are they typically done on sea days or port days? Since we have early dining and we are in port until 7ish a couple of days wondering what we might miss if we are still off the ship! Difficult to plan when you only have partial info!

I sent an email to concierge yesterday to see if I could get the theme night info, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm trying to figure out when to book Palo, but I don't want to miss anything. I soon as I hear something I'll post it here for everyone.

Robin"D";39402993 said:
Skagway excusrion - Best of Skagway :This is a GREAT excursion, we have done it before, and will do it again!!!

I am leaning towards this excursion as well :thumbsup2

I like that we would still have a couple of hours to wander around afterwards too. Hope I'm successful when it's my turn to book!

Does any one have any opinions on Misty Fjords flightseeing or Rainforest Island Adventure in Ketchikan?

Can't decide between one of these or the Tour and Crabfest or Bering Sea Crab Tour!

I want to do everything but will have to settle on just one ;)

I am leaning towards this excursion as well :thumbsup2

I like that we would still have a couple of hours to wander around afterwards too. Hope I'm successful when it's my turn to book!

Once we are done @ the Red Onion, we do get time to walk around town, it is a great time....!

Does any one have any opinions on Misty Fjords flightseeing or Rainforest Island Adventure in Ketchikan?

Can't decide between one of these or the Tour and Crabfest or Bering Sea Crab Tour!

No rock climbing and repelling?? ;)

@Emily - Thanks so much! That info will be great!

I heard back from concierge. The only info they had right now is that night 2 (Wed.) will be the formal night and night 6 (Sun.) will be the semi-formal night. Everything else will be cruise casual.

I just sent another email asking if they had any info as to when Pirates Night would be.

I can't book yet but do you know the cost for the Bering sea with the crab feast, this is the one that I really want but I don't get the price yet. Thanks.

I can't book yet but do you know the cost for the Bering sea with the crab feast, this is the one that I really want but I don't get the price yet. Thanks.

I looked it up and it's still available for booking, but it doesn't list a price. Sorry I couldn't help more.

I was able to get the dinner attire information for the Repo and Alaska Cruise. I will be posting this on both threads.

Repo by night
1 - cruise casual
2 - formal (at sea)
3 - cruise casual
4 - pirate night (SFO)
5 - semi-formal (at sea)
6 - cruise casual (YYJ)

Alaska by night
1 - cruise casual
2 - formal (at sea)
3 - cruise casual
4 - cruise casual (SGY)
5 - cruise casual (JNU)
6 - semi-formal (KTN)
7 - cruise casual

No information on a Pirate Theme night for Alaska (right now). Of course, they gave me the standard disclaimer - subject to change without notice.

Randall

I looked it up and it's still available for booking, but it doesn't list a price. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Thank you. I am going on the Wonder in two weeks for the first sailing on this coast as its home and they are not sure what is going on with that one as well. I guess only time will tell.:sad2::sad2:

Thank you. I am going on the Wonder in two weeks for the first sailing on this coast as its home and they are not sure what is going on with that one as well. I guess only time will tell.:sad2::sad2:

No problem! We're sailing the Wonder over to her new home tomorrow. Really looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter