North To Alaska--May 3, 2011 on the Disney Wonder

I had a post all written and then decided to delete it because I figured people would say it's sour grapes because you're not platinum....

so I will leave it as this...

I am starting to wonder why DCL releases all the information about excursions to everyone when they know that most of the excursions will be booked up by the time each level's booking window opens since I have already heard that some excursions are completely booked and others were not available for booking.

Lisa,
Are you Gold or Plantinum? We are gold, but I thought my ressie showed booking Jan 3. I haven't had any time recently to even THINK about the cruises since we moved to Florida, and am not aware of all the dates yet. I know...GASP!!!, but at least we are Florida residents now. Thanks

Vicki, final payment is TODAY 1/3 for everyone and booking for Platinum. Gold booking date is 1/18. Somebody please tell me if I got that date wrong...gold is at 105 days right??

( I always think I'm being helpful then start second quessing myself as I type :sad2: )

We booked all of our excursions last night. I finished everything in ten minutes. I too was surprised at some of the things that weren't available, different Palo times and spa times. I didn't really pay attention to see what excursions might have been missing already.

Vicki, final payment is TODAY 1/3 for everyone and booking for Platinum. Gold booking date is 1/18. Somebody please tell me if I got that date wrong...gold is at 105 days right??

( I always think I'm being helpful then start second quessing myself as I type :sad2: )

We are gold, as well, and our TA told us that our booking window for the repo is January 12th and for Alaska is January 18th.

As far as some excursions being booked up already by platinum folks...I guess I don't find that terribly surprising since this is an inaugural cruise and a special itinerary....and those trips tend to attract avid Disney Cruisers who have sailed many times before (but that is also part of the fun! :thumbsup2). But just to play devil's advocate....something similar happened to us on our WBTA a few months ago where we were gold and we were trying to book the moment our window opened and an excursion we really wanted was already gone and I was shocked and horrified (and grumpy)...but then come to find out it wasn't booked up...it hadn't opened at all...because the contractor that DCL was working with in the port hadn't finished up their contracts, etc. and so when booking windows opened they couldn't guarantee that the excursion was still going to run so they didn't open bookings....and then one day, with no fanfare at all, the bookings DID open and appear on the website. So if you are closed out of an excursion, especially at this early point, I'd strongly encourage checking back now and then to make sure that the excursion you wanted doesn't show back up....because sometimes they do. :)

Thanks Jackie!
Yes we are paid in full, and will be booking with the gold group. To be honest, I am kinda glad we couldn't book last night-haven't had time to look or do ANYTHING, because we have spent all or most of the past 5 months getting ready to and then MOVING TO FLORIDA!!!!! We now live about an hour from the MOUSE!!

Vicki

Welcome Kevin & Randall!

We can't book until Feb. 2, lowly Silver members that we are. I'm hoping some of the whale-watching and dog-sledding (summer camp is fine by me) are left, but I can always book through an independent operator if need be. I'd prefer to use DCL, but we'll see what options we have. I'm sure the exclusive Disney experiences will book up fast.

Good to know about Pirates night. We're on the Repo, so I'm hoping they will be doing fireworks.

Hi Everyone

This is the list for free custom lanyards and name badges for everyone
in your cruise group. Please take a close look at your listing and PM
me if I've made a spelling error, left someone off, wrong cruise, or if you are no longer
going on one of these cruises. Please PM me if you would rather have a different
version of your name on the badge (nickname, etc.).

PLEASE REVIEW YOUR LISTING AND PM ME IF IT IS CORRECT!
A * before your listing means your have verified the names and you are good to go - you do not have to respond.

It's very important that I hear from people on the "not confirmed" list.
I don't want to leave anyone out and I want to make sure that the names are correct!
So if you are on the "not confirmed" part of the list, please let me know if the listing is correct.

Thanks for your help with the list!

Name badges and lanyards provided by these nice people:

* aphoenix/AVP - B2B - Tony, Adrienne
* BobandLee - B2B - Bob, Leora
* bonzie1 - B2B - Georgie, Joe
* DisneyPinDiva - B2B - Leslie, Joe
* EllaEnchanted/1Grumpy John - B2B - Deb, John
* first timers - B2B - Alex, Carolyn
* grumpy-gramps - B2B - John, Barb
* gydell - B2B - Gydell, Bill, Betsy, Brent
* Hygiene99 - ALASKA - Peter, Jenn
* kpros/spros - B2B - Ken, Shari
* Mickey&JoshNut - B2B - Elaine, Margaret
* Scott H/Lynn G - B2B - Scott, Lynn
* tig82174 - B2B - Erik, Jason
* wrabitdad - B2B - Bob, Dale, Gordy
* Regina and Gary - ALASKA

Lanyard and Name Badge List for the West Coast Repo and First Alaska Cruise
The first name listed is the name associated with the Disboard ID

Confirmed Back-2-Back Cruisers:

* BibbidyBoddidyBoo - B2B - Shelley, Jeff, Ruby, Robert, Rita
* COASTIEandMATE - B2B - Ron, Karen
* DbleTheFun - REPO - Kim, Aiden, Brodie
* DisneyRN1 - B2B - Vicki, Greg
* DL1957 - B2B - Sue, Paul, Margaret (Alaska only), Helen (Alaska only)
* Dopeylover54 - B2B - Ken, Christie
* eeyorefreak - B2B - Shannon, Pete, Sam, Diane, Linda, Mike, Terri (Repo Only), Sam (Repo Only)
* EpcotKilterFan - B2B - Debbie, Jeanette
* Ferkals - B2B - Mary, Tom
* ibouncetoo - B2B - Jackie
* karaeric - B2B - Kara, Eric, Patty, Doug
* katypop - B2B - Kathe, Sara (Repo only), Trevor (Repo only)
* Kevin&Randall - B2B - Randall, Kevin
* LisaG520 - B2B - Lisa, Darrell
* MenashaCorp/MerriePoppins - B2B - Jason, Susan
* MJGirl - B2B - Mary Jane, Kirstyn
* MouseFaninQueue/LuvBaloo - B2B - Ken, Shannon, Shaelyn, Kaleigh
* NotSoLittleMermaid - B2B - Cheri
* nskjerven/chickeninthecupboard - B2B - Nan, Paul, Molly, Wilson
* Pappy - B2B - Neil, Liz
* rcostello1 - B2B - Rob, Larry
* Robin"D" - B2B - Robin, Angel
* sandiedvc - B2B - Kathy, Mike
* sdlong329 - B2B - Steven, Donna, Lisa
* seaulater - B2B - Linda, Jamie, Larry, Nancy
* TADsMommy/TADsDaddy - B2B - Karen, Dave, Tiffany, Ashley, David
* threebrits - B2B - Heather, Tom, Bethany
* Tigrrtum/DzneLin - B2B - Terry, Linda
* Winotracy/AskAGeek - B2B - Tracy, Bill
* Yensidfan - B2B - Pete, Faith, Courtney, Peter

Confirmed Repo only Cruisers:

* castawaycayfans - REPO - Rob, Kim, Sarah, Henry, Dana, Logan, Alley
* CustardTart - REPO - Karen, Richard
* denise - REPO - Denise, Jimmy, Eleni
* disforever - REPO - Kathy
* DMMarla07860 - REPO - Julia, Larry
* Fellowship9798 - REPO - Darren, Tracie, Hayden, Lily
* figment52 - REPO - Sandy, Sharon
* fitnessmouse - REPO - Ilja, Eelco, Twan, Demi
* Hillaryone - REPO - Laura, Sean, Erica
* MAGICFOR2 - REPO - Tammie, Jim
* milliesmum - REPO - Julie, Peter, Pam, Carolyn
* MukilteoSailor - REPO - Matthew, Becky, Miles, Sage
* njprincess/mohrt2 - REPO - Kathy, Frank
* N365PA - REPO - Clint, Sarah (hamm1207)
* pamkass - REPO - Pam, Buster, Julia, Toni, Keith, Julie, Andree, Mark
* ReAnSt - REPO - Becky, Stephen (Nacho1337), Dave, Linda
* TheBeadPirate - REPO - Lori, Rick
* trimix - REPO - Brian, Michelle, Brennan
* stacieps - REPO - Stacie, Rebecca, Duncan
* yogitxtx - REPO - Sandy, Tom, Norma

Confirmed Alaska only Cruisers:

* CaliGrrl - ALASKA - Kay, John, Kristina, Drew
* figmentnnemo - ALASKA - Les, Vikki, Chris, Jen
* jlwhitney - ALASKA - Jen, Phil
* LocustPoint - ALASKA - Mary, Tom
* mishoe01 - ALASKA - Monica, Marlene
* purplern - ALASKA - Vicki, Rich, Amanda, Tim
* rotary2808 - ALASKA - Emily, Jason, Steve, Brenda
* sasmmb - ALASKA - Michelle, Brad
* xrobmn - ALASKA - Rob, Liz

These cruiser have not yet confirmed their names:

acourtwdw - Alaska - ?
Bill'sdj - REPO - Debbie, Bill
dennisgirl - B2B - Jennifer, Dennis
disneydreamerbelle - REPO - Jennifer, Mark
disneyfan100* - REPO - Amy, Roger
disneyfan23 - B2B - John
Eeyore77 - ALASKA - Jennifer, Chris
erbie - REPO - Erin, Peter, ?, ?, ?, ?
fourfoxesinpa - REPO - Jamie, Brian
Getppel - ? - ?
GuardMusic - ALASKA - Gayle, Kara
HappyGrumpy - ALASKA - ?
HebeJebe - ALASKA - Jennifer, Justice
iankh - B2B - Ian, Sukie
kathleena - ALASKA - Nancy, Ruth Ann
kimkatmom - B2B - Kim, Leslye, Harold, Barbara
LiseG - ALASKA - Lise, Chuck, Sabrina
Megsablue - REPO - ?, ?
mickeymom923 - B2B - Bev, Lou
Minybear - REPO - Cindy, Ken
philnphyl - REPO - Phil, Phyllis, Oliva, Preston, Kathy, Bill
Pluto - B2B - ?
poohbear926 - REPO - Lindsay, Brian
princesslisa71 - ALASKA - Lisa, ?
rikimuk - ALASKA - Lindsay, Martin
sabrecmc - B2B - Caryn, ?, ?, ?
sinnika - REPO - ?
Skallywag - B2B - Francis, Brenda
Suecot2000 - B2B - Sue
TiggerTails57 - B2B - Janice, Randy
Tink rules - ALASKA - ?
Walt & Di - REPO - Walter, Diane
woody73 - REPO - Woody, Mrs. Woody

An accurate list is very important because I need to know how many lanyards to order!

Ken

For those who have booked, what was teh earliest excurstion time for anything in ketchikan. I am trying to plan what to do on my own there and since there is no confirmed from disney docking time, i thought that might help.

Note to All: Disney has made a mistake on their website... The dogsledding is NOT available on our cruise... it is a seasonal activity :sad2:

Only the summer camp excursion will be offered.

Welcome Kevin & Randall!
Good to know about Pirates night. We're on the Repo, so I'm hoping they will be doing fireworks.

I don't want to be Johnny Raincloud, but I would be inclined to say that if there are no fireworks in Alaska, then they would not stock the ship for LA to Vancouver.

After the Alaska season, the Wonder goes into a two week dry dock before she goes back to LA. If they cannot stock fireworks in Vancouver (and I'm guessing the port plays into this as much as the environment concerns in and around Alaska) then they could not offer fireworks on the return.

The disparity of having fireworks up, but not back would probably be justification enough for DCL to not have them at all outside of the Mexico itineraries. Just my $0.02 (maybe it's only $0.01 with inflation).

Randall

:rainbow:

For those who have booked, what was teh earliest excurstion time for anything in ketchikan. I am trying to plan what to do on my own there and since there is no confirmed from disney docking time, i thought that might help.

Not wanting to be lynched by my fellow cruisers, but I was able to book a few things this morning. So I share this only to provide information to jlwhitney, not thumb my nose at everyone. I chose the first time available for the things we wanted to do if there were more than one departure.

Our excursion in Ketchikan is scheduled for 11:15 a.m.
Our excursion in Juneau is scheduled to depart at 7:45 a.m. Bring on the :coffee:
Our excursion in Skagway is scheduled to depart at 8:45 a.m.

The Lumberjack show in Ketchikan (the Disney Enhanced version) was not available. Which leads me to refer you to Erik & Jason's post earlier:

But just to play devil's advocate....something similar happened to us on our WBTA a few months ago where we were gold and we were trying to book the moment our window opened and an excursion we really wanted was already gone and I was shocked and horrified (and grumpy)...but then come to find out it wasn't booked up...it hadn't opened at all...

So I wonder when it might open - no pun intended there.

Randall

Not wanting to be lynched by my fellow cruisers, but I was able to book a few things this morning. So I share this only to provide information to jlwhitney, not thumb my nose at everyone. I chose the first time available for the things we wanted to do if there were more than one departure.

Our excursion in Juneau is scheduled to depart at 7:45 a.m. Bring on the :coffee:

Randall

Thank you for the information.

Not worrying about excursions or anything - just happy to be going. So those of you who can book - no worries from me. Book away.

And finally officially paid in full.

but I do have a question: I noticed my reservation has my old address on it - I changed my address in my Disneycruiseline website profile - but am not sure how to change it on the actual reservations. I don't want them sending my stuff to the old address. Anyone have any ideas on how to change it online?

EDIT: found it myself by clicking on enough spaces!!

Note to All: Disney has made a mistake on their website... The dogsledding is NOT available on our cruise... it is a seasonal activity :sad2:

Only the summer camp excursion will be offered.

I had tried to do this on my own & had been told that it was too early. I'm kindof happy & sad at the same time about this. I really want to do this, but not at that cost :scared1:

We're PAID IN FULL!! :cool1::yay::woohoo::dance3::cheer2::banana:

Some independent operators apparently do the dog sledding beginning in early May. For example, Dolly Varden for Juneau offers

- Dog Mushing and Glacier Helicopter Tour
Allow 3 hours / Price: $465 per person under 250 lbs.; $697.50 per person over 250 lbs. Available May 4 Through September 15

So, if you really want to do it, I'm sure you can find someone to pay $500 for the experience!

The Lumberjack show in Ketchikan (the Disney Enhanced version) was not available. Which leads me to refer you to Erik & Jason's post earlier:

So I wonder when it might open - no pun intended there.

Randall

Thanks Randall....no lynching from me....I'm happy you were able to book what you wanted....Maybe there will be hope that the enhanced Lumberjack show will be available when our booking window opens on the 18th....do you recall if any of the other excursions that offered the Lumberjack show were available?

Since I am in a position to access the tours, if anyone wants to know what times the tours are being held, feel free to send me a PM.

I will go in and try to book it and pull the departure times. It will also give you a chance to validate availability. Obviously I can't book it for you, and availability can't be guaranteed, but it's a start. No?

I will have to go look at the Lumberjack Show again - it didn't occur to me to look at any version other than the Disney Enhanced. Is there a smack forehead smiles in there somewhere?

I will post this note on the Repo cruise as well.

Randall

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter