North To Alaska--May 3, 2011 on the Disney Wonder

Joining the thread for this cruise. Soooo looking forward to it and very excited to see some of my DISboarders from previous cruises. I need to catch up on all of the posts. This will be me tonight :surfweb:

If it is not too late, we will join the lanyards and FE groups.

Hello!!!!!

OK so we had Secret porthole, 5024, but we gave it up couple days ago, and went to cat 11c GTY, saved $414. 00
we will take the chance..There are only 13 11c's 13 is my lucky number!

will find out when they assign rooms!

oh we also re booked this trip when on board in Nov, picked up an 10% discount.
and $350 on board credit!

$2237.00 cost for cruise, minus OBC !

Not bad!

our flights will be credits for one person, from Airtran and SW.
so only have to pay for air for one person!

Good thing cause excursions are a fortune!

Hi all... I just spoke to Disney about the Jeep excursion in Skagway. I was wondering if the Jeep would be manual or automatic. She couldn't say for sure, but her manager said to be prepared for standard, as that is the more likely option.

Also, I've booked a private whale watching tour in Juneau with Harv and Marv . So far there is four of us, but the boat fits 12. If you are interested in joining us, the more people, the cheaper the cost, you can either pm me for details, or email them directly and tell them you wish to be on the same boat with me ... Mary Jane Keeble. If you choose the latter, can you pm me and let me know you are going, so I can keep track of numbers. Thanks.

Quick question! If anyone is creating a pdf of all the excursions, and care to share, can you please send me a copy!!! I would be eternally grateful. When I spoke to DCL, I told them that my only complaints is not having a copy of excursions to print!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Also, I've booked a private whale watching tour in Juneau with Harv and Marv . So far there is four of us, but the boat fits 12. If you are interested in joining us, the more people, the cheaper the cost, you can either pm me for details, or email them directly and tell them you wish to be on the same boat with me ... Mary Jane Keeble. If you choose the latter, can you pm me and let me know you are going, so I can keep track of numbers. Thanks.

I wonder how many boats they have. We booked two of the 12 seaters a few months ago. Wouldn't it be cool if DISers filled every boat they have! :boat:

hny.png

Hey all....so maybe I'm very late to the game here and this has already been discussed.....but as you know I've been off the DIS for about 4 months...and haven't even been on the DCL website. This trip didn't start getting "real" again for us until we for sure booked our flights and paid off the cruise(s) a couple weeks ago.

Anyhow....what is going on on Day 3 of the Alaska cruise? The itinerary I have printed from my travel agent says that on Day 3 (Thursday) we are going to be somewhere called "Tracy Arm".....but I noticed last night that there are no excursions listed for a port under that name....so I looked at our itinerary on the DCL site and Day 3 is just blank....and so I looked at our printed DCL receipt (which is stapled to the back of our printout from our Travel Agent so I never even bothered to look at it I don't think) and thursday just doesn't exist on that print-out at all. It says on Wed. we're at sea and then jumps right to Friday in Skagway....??????:headache:

Am I missing something? What is going on Thursday of our cruise? Is it an additional sea day? Or is there a port? And, if so, what are we supposed to do about excursions, etc.?

Hey all....so maybe I'm very late to the game here and this has already been discussed.....but as you know I've been off the DIS for about 4 months...and haven't even been on the DCL website. This trip didn't start getting "real" again for us until we for sure booked our flights and paid off the cruise(s) a couple weeks ago.

Anyhow....what is going on on Day 3 of the Alaska cruise? The itinerary I have printed from my travel agent says that on Day 3 (Thursday) we are going to be somewhere called "Tracy Arm".....but I noticed last night that there are no excursions listed for a port under that name....so I looked at our itinerary on the DCL site and Day 3 is just blank....and so I looked at our printed DCL receipt (which is stapled to the back of our printout from our Travel Agent so I never even bothered to look at it I don't think) and thursday just doesn't exist on that print-out at all. It says on Wed. we're at sea and then jumps right to Friday in Skagway....??????:headache:

Am I missing something? What is going on Thursday of our cruise? Is it an additional sea day? Or is there a port? And, if so, what are we supposed to do about excursions, etc.?

I think that is the day that we sail up and back through Tracy Arm.

I think that is the day that we sail up and back through Tracy Arm.

It is...OK...I get it now. My TA responded, too, and explained that it's basically another sea day on which we will be sailing through Tracy Arm (a fjord) and see the Twin Sawyer Glaciers. Fun!!

Hi Ken!
My family would love to get lanyards. We are on the 5/3 Alaska.

Kay
John
Kristina
Drew

Thanks so much! Appreciate it very much!

Good Afternoon everyone --

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce / re-introduce ourselves. There are many familiar names on these threads. We are Kevin and Randall and we are going to be on the LA to Vancouver cruise, back to back with the first Alaskan Cruise. I am posting this same message on both Cruise Meets threads.

We have been on 10+ Disney cruises, including two trips through the Panama Canal. We have sailed on the Wonder only one time so we are looking forward to this and meeting the wonderful crew.

We took a NCL cruise to Alaska in 1999. This time the excursions for us are more about taking in the 'grandeur' of Alaska. No more biking down the side of a mountain for me.

The next few weeks are going to be fun as we finalize our plans.

Best regards,

Randall

:rainbow:

I talked with Guy at DCL Reservations today. There will be a "Pirates" themed deck party. But they will not offer fireworks at any point during their Alaska sailings.

Also, they have stopped providing the Reservation team with the entertainment schedule so he cannot tell us what nights which shows will be presented. :sad1:

Randall

Good Afternoon everyone --

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce / re-introduce ourselves. There are many familiar names on these threads. We are Kevin and Randall and we are going to be on the LA to Vancouver cruise, back to back with the first Alaskan Cruise. I am posting this same message on both Cruise Meets threads.

We have been on 10+ Disney cruises, including two trips through the Panama Canal. We have sailed on the Wonder only one time so we are looking forward to this and meeting the wonderful crew.

We took a NCL cruise to Alaska in 1999. This time the excursions for us are more about taking in the 'grandeur' of Alaska. No more biking down the side of a mountain for me.

The next few weeks are going to be fun as we finalize our plans.

Best regards,

Randall

Welcome aboard Kevin & Randall!!!!!! I was hoping you would find our thread and join in....there are quite of few of the Panama Canal gang cruisin'

Who's handling the FE list for this cruise????? I have a friend that wants to be added.

Hi Ken!
My family would love to get lanyards. We are on the 5/3 Alaska.

Kay
John
Kristina
Drew

Thanks so much! Appreciate it very much!

Hi Kay

I will add you to the lanyard list for the first Alaska cruise.

Ken

I talked with Guy at DCL Reservations today. There will be a "Pirates" themed deck party. But they will not offer fireworks at any point during their Alaska sailings.

Also, they have stopped providing the Reservation team with the entertainment schedule so he cannot tell us what nights which shows will be presented. :sad1:

Randall

Thnx for the info on the "Pirates" night. Is that just on the Alaskan or are they also doing it for the repo to Vancouver? Guess for me it doesn't matter as we are also doing the B2B so the outfits will be with us regardless. Although, we were considering possibly changing bags in Vancouver to limit what we take with us to LA.

Anyone else up booking stuff?

Yes, I just booked our Palo and Excursions... except for the Glacier Dog Musher for a Day... which I could not find. :sad1: Did anyone else get this?? It seemed like none of the glacier Dog mushing was there. :confused: I am really disappointed because that's all I really wanted to do!! It's a bucket list thing for me!

KEVIN AND RANDALL!!!!! So glad you'll be aboard!!! :thumbsup2

I booked Palo dinner and brunch, Best of Skagway and Saxman Village and Lumberjack show (the adults one).

Lisa,
Are you Gold or Plantinum? We are gold, but I thought my ressie showed booking Jan 3. I haven't had any time recently to even THINK about the cruises since we moved to Florida, and am not aware of all the dates yet. I know...GASP!!!, but at least we are Florida residents now. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter