NOBODY IS MORE SURPRISED THAN US! GKTW alumni return! 10/21 MOVING DAY!!

We are getting ready to head out to Mississippi for the rest of the week. My in laws have a place there. They rent out the house and the renter moved out. Another one is coming in next week. We are going to clean it up and get some vacation time as well. I will look for our countdown dinner pictures while I have some down time. My kids have been down there since Saturday. I miss them like crazy!

Another idea that you could incorporate into a learning experience is showcase the countries of EPCOT. We printed out pictures from the DIS creators threads. We found recipes on allears.net. The kids got to try new foods and research about the countries. Very fun. We also dress a Mickey stuffed animal up according to what we are doing for the meal. That way it is an inexpensive decoration. We just use what we have.

I'm glad it all worked out with the medical appointments yesterday. I know having Pete's car out of commission must be making you think even more creatively and stretching you more than usual as to how to get everyone where they need to be on time. PTL for Christian being able to help you out.

David and I did a little dreaming last night after Ezra went to bed and priced out a trip to Disneyland for later in the month. I had called Disney and we could get in on a couple of the YES classes to save some money (the lady even said she would let Ezra attend, even though he is a year too young, so that he could get the special YES pricing which I thought was so nice of her), but after adding up all the gas and hotel costs, it is just going to be too expensive. That 7-day trip to Eureka for our niece's wedding ate up too much $$ to do another road trip this summer. Maybe next summer? We are out of marriage-age nieces for another 18 years or so!

Hope you all have a wonderful Independence Day and spend some fabulous time with your families!

I decided to come check out your trip report since you posted in mine.

That villa is BEAUTIFUL and how cool (!!!) that you are going back to GKTW to volunteer and give back!

Can't wait to follow along!

That is wonderful news that you get to go back again!!! How great they get to go back to GKTW and volunteer too! My kiddos want to go back and stay in the villas again and have ice cream :) They don't care that it takes 6 hours by plane to get there! I would love to go back some day and volunteer. We have a few more years though before the kiddos would be old enough!

Jackie

Judy, I just saw the message you sent me with this link! Thanks for linking me!!
I'm excited for you guys to go back, a much needed break from "real life" is such a gift! Also it's so wonderful that you will be able to volunteer at GKTW again! I bet that a lot of families aren't able to return to that happy place again after their Wish Trip, so it's just really special that your family is able to go and give back! Can't wait to hear all about your plans! Any Disney days in the works?

No phone thus no internet for almost 24 hours, I was dying! And to think I swore I never wanted to use a computer way back in 2000 :rotfl2: Now I live on the computer on my days off! Anyway, I hope everyone has a fun but safe 4th of July!

Judy, thank you for sending me the name of that place. I have noticed that more selections become available as dates get closer so we may be able to get a space there
If we can get something through Veterans Holidays it will be much cheaper. I agree our children are so alike I think they will like themed movie nights. We are lucky our newest addition Paige is very similar. She fits right on. Good thing too because it looks like it's a permanent arrangement. Our family is doing good. Right now we are pm vacation making another wish come true. It's been amazing. I really need to get back to my ptr both so I can share stories and so I can share plans. Praying for a happy peaceful holiday for your family.

Thanks I know it will all work out in the end, it always has in the past. I might actually get a vacation soon, my mother-in-law is trying to plan a family trip to Disney in January, hopefully it will actually happen this year, as she has been trying for the past 3.

Thoughts and prayers to all that need them.
It WILL work out, but sometimes the journey is difficult. :hug:I pray you DO get to go, Early December and January are two months I would love to be at Disney. At least you have something to dream about! :thumbsup2 HUGE prayers for you!

We are getting ready to head out to Mississippi for the rest of the week. My in laws have a place there. They rent out the house and the renter moved out. Another one is coming in next week. We are going to clean it up and get some vacation time as well. I will look for our countdown dinner pictures while I have some down time. My kids have been down there since Saturday. I miss them like crazy!

Another idea that you could incorporate into a learning experience is showcase the countries of EPCOT. We printed out pictures from the DIS creators threads. We found recipes on allears.net. The kids got to try new foods and research about the countries. Very fun. We also dress a Mickey stuffed animal up according to what we are doing for the meal. That way it is an inexpensive decoration. We just use what we have.

I hope you are having a great trip, I know what you mean about missing the children when they are gone...I always feel like a part of my heart is gone.
I hope the cleaning goes quickly so you can relax!

I am very excited to see the pics when you have time and I LOVE the idea about the country theme nights. We have done that before, but I think we will try to do AL of the countries this time..LOVE it!!! I also like the idea of dressing Mickey...but our Mickey is a little large for the clothes I would have, I will have to think about that, it is a great idea! I love all of the ides, Thank you!

I'm glad it all worked out with the medical appointments yesterday. I know having Pete's car out of commission must be making you think even more creatively and stretching you more than usual as to how to get everyone where they need to be on time. PTL for Christian being able to help you out.

David and I did a little dreaming last night after Ezra went to bed and priced out a trip to Disneyland for later in the month. I had called Disney and we could get in on a couple of the YES classes to save some money (the lady even said she would let Ezra attend, even though he is a year too young, so that he could get the special YES pricing which I thought was so nice of her), but after adding up all the gas and hotel costs, it is just going to be too expensive. That 7-day trip to Eureka for our niece's wedding ate up too much $$ to do another road trip this summer. Maybe next summer? We are out of marriage-age nieces for another 18 years or so!

Hope you all have a wonderful Independence Day and spend some fabulous time with your families!
It has been a bit more stressful Amy and it has eaten more in to my time. I have had to rethink a lot of my days and where I spend my time and that has caused friction with a friend. I can only do so much though, and will always care for my family first. Christian is a blessing, he does what he can when he can, he is still not always well and is actively interviewing, so we shall see what God brings to us.

I so wish you could have done the YES program an extremely dear friend and I were actually looking at that yesterday for us, basic tickets for us would be $1,460 for 5 days for 6 of us...that is still not in our budget, but a much better deal (I THINK, haven't checked) than buying from a discount place. The premiere tickets weren't that much more, so if you were splurging that would be a great way to go! I hope you get back soon, I realize how blessed we are for this opportunity!

I decided to come check out your trip report since you posted in mine.

That villa is BEAUTIFUL and how cool (!!!) that you are going back to GKTW to volunteer and give back!

Can't wait to follow along!

I had to say hi yesterday...a GEORGIA girl in Virginia who got married at MB!?! My kind of lady! :thumbsup2

:welcome::welcome::welcome: I am so gad you are here!

We do realize how truly blessed we are, if it weren't for my BIL this would NOT be happening. Glad you are here.

That is wonderful news that you get to go back again!!! How great they get to go back to GKTW and volunteer too! My kiddos want to go back and stay in the villas again and have ice cream :) They don't care that it takes 6 hours by plane to get there! I would love to go back some day and volunteer. We have a few more years though before the kiddos would be old enough!

Jackie

Jackie, so happy you found us. :goodvibes
My children would dearly LOVE to go back to GKTW, it was a truly magical place, what a blessing to have had the experience. We are thankful we live close enough to drive. I hope you get to go back someday as well, at least DL is close in case you are abel to make that happen. Keeping you in prayer. :hug:

Judy, I just saw the message you sent me with this link! Thanks for linking me!!
I'm excited for you guys to go back, a much needed break from "real life" is such a gift! Also it's so wonderful that you will be able to volunteer at GKTW again! I bet that a lot of families aren't able to return to that happy place again after their Wish Trip, so it's just really special that your family is able to go and give back! Can't wait to hear all about your plans! Any Disney days in the works?
Meredith, so happy you are here :goodvibes and got my message..some people have said they didn't even though I sent them. It IS a gift to be able to get away from the craziness of the world and just enjoy a bit of downtime...just having this to look forward to helps the hard days feel a little easier. Thinking about a Disney day or two, not sure yet what we can manage...but Hoping and Dreaming and Wishing!!! I do have my Disney Visa and we have been earning gift cards through our insurance company blue points system. Thanks for letting me know you are here! :thumbsup2

No phone thus no internet for almost 24 hours, I was dying! And to think I swore I never wanted to use a computer way back in 2000 :rotfl2: Now I live on the computer on my days off! Anyway, I hope everyone has a fun but safe 4th of July!
Oh Deborah, I really feel for you! I was talking to a dear friend yesterday when ours went out...Lisa was trying to do her schoolwork and poof, gone Christian got it back up quickly only to have it go out AGAIN. So frustrating. Glad yours is back and hope it stays that way! Enjoy your holiday, I hop eyu aren't working!
Judy, thank you for sending me the name of that place. I have noticed that more selections become available as dates get closer so we may be able to get a space there
If we can get something through Veterans Holidays it will be much cheaper. I agree our children are so alike I think they will like themed movie nights. We are lucky our newest addition Paige is very similar. She fits right on. Good thing too because it looks like it's a permanent arrangement. Our family is doing good. Right now we are pm vacation making another wish come true. It's been amazing. I really need to get back to my ptr both so I can share stories and so I can share plans. Praying for a happy peaceful holiday for your family.

Dear Krystal, I hope that you are able to find a place through the veterans site to save money and have more to enjoy at Disney! I am so happy you are on vacation and can't WAIT to hear all about them all! I know you are very busy though, your family MUST come first! Glad Paige has settled in with you all, praying for that situation! THANK YOU for your prayers!! :hug:

Praying you all have a fabulous Fourth of July, filled with fun, family and those you love! STAY SAFE!!!!

Happy Birthday America!!!

Judy, Pete, Christian, David, Rachel and Lisa

Loved the pics of the Jungle Book dinner! Lisa was so creative with her food. The plates tied it all together perfectly! There has been some great ideas from fellow diser on other theme ideas. I love it!

Just when I thought all was calming down in my world (DH getting stronger, etc), we had to take my 91 year old grandfather to the ED a week ago Sunday. He has prostrate cancer that has spread to bones and now having issues with bladder flow. Got him moved to a inpatient rehab facility on Tuesday and will start to get him stronger so we can work with urologist to determine which type of procedure he can undergo to correct the bladder. Luckily my Dad and I have power of attorney and could help with all paperwork, etc. DH is doing well but home for atleast another month.

HAPPY 4th OF JULY TO EVERYONE!!

Happy Independence Day! I sent you an email with a special video in it.

ETA: I tried to call you earlier, and your phone asked me to type in a code?

Happy 4th of July!!

I'm glad to read that Christian is still interviewing...it is a tough market but that doesn't really help when it is your personal situation. I know someone with several years experience in his field who has been interviewing for many months as well and hasn't found anything either...it can be very frustrating...hang in there Christian.

Glad Lisa is feeling better and was able to put together such a wonderful movie and dinner night. It looked delicious. I can't remember the last time I watched Jungle Book...I'll have to fix that.

I am still struggling with my situation and it isn't getting better so decisions have to be made. I have pressure from both directions and am having a very hard time figuring out what to do. It is very confusing and stressful.

Everyone have a safe Holiday (and leave the fireworks to the professionals!)

One last prayer request for the families of the firefighters lost here in Arizona...such a tragedy.

So glad you get to go back. Family time is so important and vacations together are a blessing.

If you are looking for discount park tickets there are several things you could look into.

Military discount tickets
AAA discount tickets
Undercover Tourist tickets

Hope you can find a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter