No wbta 2013

We just got off the Magic yesterday. While onboard I asked Capt Robert about the WBTA, he said DCL has everything scheduled but he can't talk about it until DCL makes their announcements. He wouldn't say when that would be. He did say the ship would NOT be dry docking in Germany nor Italy. Another officer said the WBTA would not be an shake down cruise with no passengers, but I couldn't get anything else out of him.

valbob89 said:
We just got off the Magic yesterday. While onboard I asked Capt Robert about the WBTA, he said DCL has everything scheduled but he can't talk about it until DCL makes their announcements. He wouldn't say when that would be. He did say the ship would NOT be dry docking in Germany nor Italy. Another officer said the WBTA would not be an shake down cruise with no passengers, but I couldn't get anything else out of him.

Can I just ask what is a shake down cruise?

Can I just ask what is a shake down cruise?

A shake down cruise would be similar to a ship's initial sea trials. They go out and test everything, generally with no passengers since they are attempting to recreate a wide variety of situations, such as emergency turns and such. They are attempting to "shake out" all of the bugs and problems before passengers come on board.

cwdefouw said:
A shake down cruise would be similar to a ship's initial sea trials. They go out and test everything, generally with no passengers since they are attempting to recreate a wide variety of situations, such as emergency turns and such. They are attempting to "shake out" all of the bugs and problems before passengers come on board.

So...... In theory, if they're NoT doing a shake down cruise, then potentially it'll have passengers onboard ;)

fingers crossed - will hold off booking my trip to WDW for a few more weeks - I'm bouncing up and down at the possibility - the Eastbound TA was sooo good - westbound with WDW at the end - even better :)

I can't believe there is still so much speculation and no announcement has been made when it is almost less than a year to go now :confused3. I am still hoping that the WBTA will happen and have everything crossed pixiedust: pixiedust: Please DCL let us know one way or the other as soon as possible as it would be lovely to have something to plan for through the winter.

Just when I had given up all hope.... I am pumped that a possibility even exists. Couldn't have surfaced on a better week. :thumbsup2

lovingthemouse said:
Just when I had given up all hope.... I am pumped that a possibility even exists. Couldn't have surfaced on a better week. :thumbsup2

I agree! This is exciting! Hope we get good news soon!

It is my birthday today .... so a perfect day for DCL to announce something special ...... I have spent my last two birthdays on the WBTA so it all makes sense. ( ok ...so a girl can hope pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: )

It is my birthday today .... so a perfect day for DCL to announce something special ...... I have spent my last two birthdays on the WBTA so it all makes sense. ( ok ...so a girl can hope pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: )

Hope you get a great birthday present from DCL - and that we can all share :)

birthdays on the WBTA must be awesome :)

Shezzy

So my friends (the Krafts) from the 2010 WBTA are currently on the Fantasy and she was trying to get information. They are being extremely tight-lipped and would only tell her the itineraries would probably be released in October (for 2014). No one comments specifically on the WBTA and she couldn't get information even on the dry dock dates.

Enough already DCL!!!!!

I can't believe there is still so much speculation and no announcement has been made when it is almost less than a year to go now :confused3. I am still hoping that the WBTA will happen and have everything crossed pixiedust: pixiedust: Please DCL let us know one way or the other as soon as possible as it would be lovely to have something to plan for through the winter.

Ahhh ---- we can continue to still hold out WBTA hope!!! :)

Just when I was losing all hope of a WBTA because the ship would be sailing back empty getting work done en route.... I now have my hopes up again...... come on DCL :headache::headache::headache: make the d*mned announcement !!!!!!

I can´t believe DCL is doing this to us. Just when I was ready to book next years´vacation, I have been forbidden by Mike and Jenny in case there is still a chance of this happening.
I guess we enjoyed our WBTA.

So back to the waiting!
Carole

Even if they announce it tomorrow, we're locked in to Alaska/West Coast Repo, preceeded by train across Canada. A transatlantic would have been cheaper than THAT bundle, lol.

We just booked the 14 day EB Panama Canal on the Wonder in Sept. 13. Would love to change over to a WBTA but would need to know soon. Also, we would have to examine air fare as it would be much cheaper for the domestic flights for the existing cruise. And last but not least, Jamie is due in November. So, we will have an almost 3 year old and a nine month olc with us!!!

Even if they announce it tomorrow, we're locked in to Alaska/West Coast Repo, preceeded by train across Canada. A transatlantic would have been cheaper than THAT bundle, lol.

That sounds like something DH and I would love. Will you travel without stops to the coast? We'd love it if we could spend a bit of time at places along the route.

Enjoy! Sounds like a once in a lifetime adventure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter