• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"No One's Gloomy or Complaining"-in DISNEY WORLD!~An 11/12 TR!-*NEW TR Link pg 56!!!*

Monorail ALWAYS feats ferry. It's a fact.

Ahhhhh, Marie is the cutest! I love that she's in Town Square now. I feel like it'll be easier to meet her there for some reason.

I don't know if it's because you said it was kinda cold, or what, but your little pastry even looks slightly cold. How does that work?

OMG!!! THAT is what the entrance to New Fantasyland looks like? AHHHHH it's so magical! (Yeah, I really don't know how I've missed that for so long. I guess I've reallllly been avoiding these FLE pics! Hahahaha wow.)

Oh my goodness, yes, MK on a party day is the way to go! It's insane how slow it is up until party time! Love it. Can't wait for more!

I prefer Disney when it is cooler as well. I think it just makes it more fun. I have had plenty of fun when it is hot, but to me, cooler is better. We go again in January so I am wondering what the weather will be like then. We live in South Carolina and it was 70 here today. I really would like some cooler weather.

We have always had good luck with crowds at MK on a party day.

The people who were saying it was too cold were probably all southerners. :rotfl:

YAY for the MK in the morning! Main Street is so awesome with all the decorations.

AHHHH Thunder Mountain!! I think that is one of the rides I am most excited for in April since it was closed last April for the refurbishment. So I haven't gotten to ride it in a year and a half!

I'm afraid I'm with Brandon yet again...ferry over the monorail any day (but we are the ones who always get stuck for 15 minutes or more each time we ride the monorail...now I avoid it at all costs).

Sorry for the trouble checking out of AOA and checking in to POR...can't believe the long line first thing in the a.m. at POR.

Sorry you didn't get to see the New Fantasyland.

Love your pictures of the castle.

I think we were on Haunted Mansion pretty close to the same time! Lol
And I'm sorry, but I was so excited you didn't get into Fantasy Land, because I didn't even try and if I would have come here and seen they were letting people in that morning I would have cried! The anticipation was killing me!

It was chilly that morning but in a perfect way. I loved the weather. Shivered at the bust stop (shorts and a tee for me that day) but once at the parks it was fine. We even did Splash first thing!

Awww that's too bad that the check-out/check-in processes took longer than anticipated, but you guys still made it over to the MK pretty early!! :thumbsup2

Hahahaha ugh I hate when it gets unexpectedly cold in Disney and all of my fun Disney shirts have to be covered up too!

Yippee for another update! :thumbsup2 Our trips were SO close together so it's interesting to read how yours went, especially in terms of the weather. Sorry it was too chilly and we didn't get a chance to see the cute shirts. I think I had some kind of sweatshirt on during a lot of our photos too...and that was 1-2 weeks later!

I can't believe you got up THAT early and still didn't make rope drop at MK. It seemed like it would be more than possible. I can't wait to hear about your rooms at POR. I booked those EXACT rooms (the Royal whatever they are rooms) for our upcoming trip...and then cancelled them. I read a review of them yesterday and they did sound SO cool. Still...DVC free room still trumps paid for room anyday! :rotfl:

It's funny you mentioned NOT getting stuck on Haunted Mansion. I'd never thought about it but I think we always do as well. We got stuck on it so long this last trip that I WAS able to take some photos...in the dark without my flash! :)

Glad you didn't get sick on BTMRR. It's one of my faves and while I tolerate it just fine sometimes RnRC makes me a bit queasy! :rolleyes:

Can't wait to read more!

Wow at the amount of time it took to get checked out of AoA and then into POR!

I'm glad you made it to MK in the end and had a fun morning! Yay on meeting Marie, she is adorable! :thumbsup2

Also great shots of the castle :)

All caught up! I felt like I wore the same sweater too much on my trip because of the cool weather too lol It's too bad that it took you so long to check-out and check-in and get over to MK. Who would have thought that their would have been such a long line at 7am?!

I'm FINALLY getting a darn moment to comment on your TR! Fun fact: I've literally had a window open to both your TR and then another tab for commenting (I always do this on people's TRs when I want to remember what to comment on, haha) for DAYS. And I'm just now getting a chance! Between work, keeping up with my own TR/writing updates/responding, and then just getting ready for the holidays, my week has been nuts. Absolutely nuts.

ANYWAY! Now that I have a moment!

Food and Wine looks like a ton of fun! I would love to go at some point but I always get nervous about the crowds!

Your ravioli looks AMAZING. Like, wow, that cheese just looks delish.

I went to Karamel Kushe for the first time during our last trip and got the same thing as you! It was SO DANG GOOD. Seriously, they know what they are doing in that place!

Maelstrom is pretty much the best. The mural in the front area is what always gets me in all of its randomness. :rotfl:

Hahaha that poor Norway movie... So boring but hey, it DID become part of my last TR's title, so at least we have that.

Laila! I really need to check it out because I'm in the same boat as a few others; I've never smelled it! I will make sure I do on our next trip!

I totally get the whole thing where you plan to do fireworks or a show but then you just finally hit that wall and tell yourself it's time to go. It's always for the best, because you know if you pushed it you'd just end up mega grumpy and feel like poop.

AoA looks so cute! Sounds like you guys have quite a day ahead of you though with the checking out and then checking into POR! Plus rope drop?! I'm impressed if you guys pull this off!

EDIT: HAHAHA, this is what happens when you leave the window open for days... You end up commenting on an old post! :rotfl: I need to catch up on your latest update now!

When we checked into both resorts on our trip (CBR, then POP) neither room was ready on check in!
Granted, we checked into CBR at 8am, but I had to call because it was almost 5pm and we were just sitting by the pool area waiting to get a text or call, and it still wasnt ready and I had them get us a different room.. I was slightly agitated by that. We had driven through the night, I was hot and sweatyand tired and wanted a shower! LOL And our park tickets started the next day! and we always do online check in..
Wasn't so bad the following day when we checked into POP and our room wasn't ready on time. We had a rental car so no biggie! I just get jealous when I read about you having a room ready ;) LOL
ANYWAYS....

I love that you got to see Marie upon arrival to MK! I know you were upset they'd moved her! Is she always at MK now?

That danish looks so good!!(could be *** I'm starving!)!! Even if it wasn't perfect, everything in disney tastes better than anywhere else lol - especially the popcorn!!! haha!

walk on on BTMRR??? AWESOME!!!!!

Wow, what a morning you guys had! And the fact you just barely got there for Rope Drop essentially is just baffling. I'm not sure if I would be able to do it and I have no problems getting up super early. Whoa, but glad to hear everything wasn't a big problem even if there were setbacks in this morning. A shame in all of this you didn't have time to get some initial pictures of POR. Oh well...

Great MK pictures! I think that is probably the first time I've seen Marie meet anywhere outside of Epcot. That's a rare moment right there. ::yes:: And that Danish looks so good, mmmm, will definitely have to make a dash for the Main Street Bakery when I'm in the World. :)

Ooooo... New Fantasyland looks SO COOL! A shame you couldn't get in though that morning. Hopefully this will come later in the trip ;) :thumbsup2 to riding BTMRR and the Haunted Mansion! The view from the front on BTMRR is so cool, I don't think I've ever been in the front OR the back. It is my goal to be one or both of those seats one day :teeth:

Can't wait to hear about how you deal with the nonexistent crowds! :mickeyjum

I hope my experience checking out of AoA is not as slow as yours. We too will have a park to get to! :faint:

Other than that, great morning. That first time getting into MK is just so perfectly magical! pixiedust:

Sorry I'm a couple days late reading this.

I have to agree with you - it ALWAYS takes much longer to do things in Disney. It can be so frustrating. I mean - you got up plenty early. Oh well.

I think a lot of people stay off site their first night or do what you did and they are all there checking in at the same time. Can't wait to see your room.

What an absolutely gorgeous day and your picture with Marie is so cute. I know what you mean about being outside and park touring is so much more tolerable in cooler weather.

Great update and pics.

Wasn't the weather great? I loved that it wasn't boiling hot, but not cold either for the most part. We had planned to head over to MK in the afternoon, but Claire was having so much fun with her cousin at DHS that we ended up changing plans and stayed there instead. Also she was wanting to ride TSM and we could only get fastpasses for late in the day.

Merry Christmas to you and Brandon.

tiggerchristmas.jpg

:santa:MERRY CHRISTMAS DIS FRIENDS!!!:santa:

I'm sorry I'm a day late wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, I had no free time yesterday! I've been off work since Friday, and I feel like the last 4 days have flown by, I've been so busy! :crazy2: Today is the first day I can really relax! I have to work tomorrow, but then I'm off for another 5 days, so I'm hoping to get in a few updates while I'm home! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! :thumbsup2

Monorail ALWAYS feats ferry. It's a fact.

Ahhhhh, Marie is the cutest! I love that she's in Town Square now. I feel like it'll be easier to meet her there for some reason.

I don't know if it's because you said it was kinda cold, or what, but your little pastry even looks slightly cold. How does that work?

OMG!!! THAT is what the entrance to New Fantasyland looks like? AHHHHH it's so magical! (Yeah, I really don't know how I've missed that for so long. I guess I've reallllly been avoiding these FLE pics! Hahahaha wow.)

Oh my goodness, yes, MK on a party day is the way to go! It's insane how slow it is up until party time! Love it. Can't wait for more!

It's crazy how long I will happily wait for the monorail and not take that ferry to MK. Only when Brandon absolutely insists. I mean, it's the MONORAIL. :banana: :rotfl:

I miss Marie in France, it just made sense to have her there, she's French! :rotfl2: I'm just glad they didn't get rid of her all together, they need some random characters here and there.

Haha, I don't know, but that danish was definitely cold, and that wasn't the only time that happened either! (Unless maybe danish is supposed to be eaten cold? I don't know, I like it room temp. you know? :rotfl:) It was ok, I mean, it's a Disney danish, so yum, but it could have been better! Me and my high Disney standards!

Ohhh, I'm sorry you didn't know what the entrance looked like! :scared1: Should I put up spoiler alerts for any New Fantasyland stuff from now on in case you want to scroll through really quickly? I feel bad if I put up pictures of things if people don't want to see them yet...maybe I'll do that! :)

But yes, that entrance is magical! It fits in so perfectly with the rest of Fantasyland!

I will definitely be going to MK on a party day from now on! I always thought it was kind of stupid, but I'm glad I tried it, we got so much done in a short time! Yay!

Hi, I'm a little late but I'm subbing now. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. :surfweb:

Yay, welcome! You're not late at all, I'm just starting the 2nd day! :yay: :thumbsup2

I prefer Disney when it is cooler as well. I think it just makes it more fun. I have had plenty of fun when it is hot, but to me, cooler is better. We go again in January so I am wondering what the weather will be like then. We live in South Carolina and it was 70 here today. I really would like some cooler weather.

We have always had good luck with crowds at MK on a party day.

Yes, cooler weather in Disney is definitely much better! I'd like it to be warm enough to swim, but no humidity! And I like it to be cooler at night! I've never been in January, but I bet the weather will be amazing! :banana:

I love going to MK on a party day now, I will definitely do it again!

The people who were saying it was too cold were probably all southerners. :rotfl:

YAY for the MK in the morning! Main Street is so awesome with all the decorations.

AHHHH Thunder Mountain!! I think that is one of the rides I am most excited for in April since it was closed last April for the refurbishment. So I haven't gotten to ride it in a year and a half!

Haha, I think they were! They even had emergency hats and gloves by the registers...I'd say it was maybe 60 degrees? Maybe it got down to like 50's at night...to me, that's spring weather! I loved it! :banana:

Main Street is so beautiful, with all of the Christmas decorations! I love it!

BTMRR was so much fun! I loved riding in the front! Glad you finally get to ride it again after a year and a half! That's like me with Test Track! I feel like I haven't been on TT in years! :rotfl2:

I'm afraid I'm with Brandon yet again...ferry over the monorail any day (but we are the ones who always get stuck for 15 minutes or more each time we ride the monorail...now I avoid it at all costs).

Sorry for the trouble checking out of AOA and checking in to POR...can't believe the long line first thing in the a.m. at POR.

Sorry you didn't get to see the New Fantasyland.

Love your pictures of the castle.

Haha, I love the monorail, but I do fear getting stuck on there! :rotfl: I mean, I like the ferry, but if I can take the monorail, I'm taking the monorail!

I could not believe the line at POR! It was the ME bus, we saw it pulling away when we were walking in, little did we know, there would be 500 people in line! :rotfl:

That's ok, I kind of knew my chances were slim to none with the AP previews going on! :confused3

Thank you!

I think we were on Haunted Mansion pretty close to the same time! Lol
And I'm sorry, but I was so excited you didn't get into Fantasy Land, because I didn't even try and if I would have come here and seen they were letting people in that morning I would have cried! The anticipation was killing me!

It was chilly that morning but in a perfect way. I loved the weather. Shivered at the bust stop (shorts and a tee for me that day) but once at the parks it was fine. We even did Splash first thing!

Really? I bet we were in a lot of places at the same time! :cool1:

OMG, New Fantasyland was the first thing I had to try to do! I kept stalking it too, like I thought maybe if they saw me pacing back and forth they'd let me in! No such luck! :rotfl:

I loved the weather too, the only time I was a little chilly was at night, on the tram because of the wind, but other than that, I loved the weather that week! I wish it was like that on every trip!

Awww that's too bad that the check-out/check-in processes took longer than anticipated, but you guys still made it over to the MK pretty early!! :thumbsup2

Hahahaha ugh I hate when it gets unexpectedly cold in Disney and all of my fun Disney shirts have to be covered up too!

If AoA check out didn't take so long, we would have made rope drop! But it's ok, I'll be back in less than 2 months, so I will definitely be hitting rope drop at least once, even if my sister wants to sleep in! I'll go alone! :rotfl: We did make it to MK nice and early, it was awesome with the low crowds, got a lot done!

Haha, I kept thinking that all week, that my cute Disney shirts were all covered by that stupid blue hoodie! And I almost didn't bring it, I just stuffed it in my suitcase at the last minute! :scared1:

Yippee for another update! :thumbsup2 Our trips were SO close together so it's interesting to read how yours went, especially in terms of the weather. Sorry it was too chilly and we didn't get a chance to see the cute shirts. I think I had some kind of sweatshirt on during a lot of our photos too...and that was 1-2 weeks later!

I can't believe you got up THAT early and still didn't make rope drop at MK. It seemed like it would be more than possible. I can't wait to hear about your rooms at POR. I booked those EXACT rooms (the Royal whatever they are rooms) for our upcoming trip...and then cancelled them. I read a review of them yesterday and they did sound SO cool. Still...DVC free room still trumps paid for room anyday! :rotfl:

It's funny you mentioned NOT getting stuck on Haunted Mansion. I'd never thought about it but I think we always do as well. We got stuck on it so long this last trip that I WAS able to take some photos...in the dark without my flash! :)

Glad you didn't get sick on BTMRR. It's one of my faves and while I tolerate it just fine sometimes RnRC makes me a bit queasy! :rolleyes:

Can't wait to read more!

Haha, it's ok, that just means I can wear all of my cute shirts again in Feb. and maybe you guys can see them in that TR! I hate repeating Disney shirts on trips, so this means I don't have to buy a ton of them for Feb.! It was still cool on your trip? I was thinking the second we left it would warm up a little, but I guess not! I love going at that time of year! :cool1:

I loved our royal rooms! But yes, I'd take a free DVC room over a paid room any day too! I took tons of pictures of the royal room, I will probably have to do a separate update just for the room pics! :rotfl:

Yeah, HM is one of those rides you just kind of know you will get stuck on at some point...just like Splash! So I was happy when we just went all the way through with no problem! Probably because it was so early!

I think the only reason I was a little nauseous last time was because it was 8 billion degrees outside! :sick: This time I was fine! I never get nauseous from RnRC, but I do get a headache sometimes from my head banging around! I put up with it though, because RnRC is so freakin awesome! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter