"No One's Gloomy or Complaining"-in DISNEY WORLD!~An 11/12 TR!-*NEW TR Link pg 56!!!*

I love slow 'Disney time'... I know just what you mean, although it doesnt last long...
And good for Brandon for knowing his Princesses! No need to hang his head in shame!!!

Mmmmm.... That Mushroom Filet was so good when we ate there last week. It's one of those foods you dream about.

It takes a real man to know the Disney princesses. I applaud Brandon for his knowledge. ;)

I can't wait to try the Food and Wine Festival! AHHH it all sounds so good!

I'm just LOVING that picture of SE across the lagoon. :love:

I'm so enjoying your trip report! can't wait for more! :)

Thank you so much, glad you're enjoying it! :cool1:

I love slow 'Disney time'... I know just what you mean, although it doesnt last long...
And good for Brandon for knowing his Princesses! No need to hang his head in shame!!!

I don't think I've ever experienced slow Disney time before that night...and sadly that was the one and only time I did experience it! :sad:

Haha, I don't think he was that embarrassed, he was just playing along with that family who was joking around with him! He loves some Disney princesses! :rotfl2:

Mmmmm.... That Mushroom Filet was so good when we ate there last week. It's one of those foods you dream about.

I know, isn't it! I could eat that every day of my life! :dance3:

It takes a real man to know the Disney princesses. I applaud Brandon for his knowledge. ;)

I can't wait to try the Food and Wine Festival! AHHH it all sounds so good!

I'm just LOVING that picture of SE across the lagoon. :love:

Haha, I know right? It's amazing the things he actually remembers when it comes to Disney, he is a closet Disney freak, I'm convinced! :rolleyes1

I hope you get to go to F&W next year!!! I can't imagine a year without it, this is our 3rd year in a row, and it's always so much fun! Maybe I can do a long solo weekend next year or something!

Isn't it beautiful?? Sigh. I want to go back NOW!!!! :sad:

Awesome report! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much! Stay tuned because there is LOTS more to come! :thumbsup2

Heheh love that Brandon is the expert on the princesses! Dh has no princess knowledge. He's learning slowly.
Adult chocolate milk. *giggle*

They are really cute aren't they! Hmmm...that's a good question...I want to stay the walls are kind of a greyish, like the pictures. I do remember thinking that I thought the walls were a little dull for such a bright room, but I can't remember if they were grey or really light blue! :rotfl:

Thanks for the answer, even if you are not sure. Grey is fine, at least it's better than beige, which would so not go well with the rest. I guess I was just too impatient to find out for myself in 25 days. :rotfl:

I'm here!! I'm so excited to read your TR! I have to catch up on the whole thing, but I did want to at least pop in and say I'm reading along. I have so much catching up to do on other people's TRs in general, hahaha.

Just joining in!

The Little Mermaid room at AoA is adorable!

What a great first day at Epcot! :thumbsup2

SO much tasty food in your last few updates. I completely concur -- the holiday Earl of Sandwich IS probably the best sandwich on earth. They should just change its name to that on the menu. :thumbsup2 Also, the coq au vin and the Irish chocolate cake are two of my fav F&W items. Delish! :cloud9:

Loved seeing the Little Mermaid pics. That section was still closed when we stayed at Art of Animation in July. The whole resort is so gorgeous though, I love the lobby too. :goodvibes

I am a tad bit jealous at how many booths you were able to stop at in such a short period of time! When Alex and I were there (opening weekend, ugh!) the lines were insanely long; people were complaining about 30-40 minute waits. :eek:

That iced coffee looks sooo good. I think it's totally worth the money...

I had to laugh at Brandon knowing the princesses, that's pretty good. I don't think I've taught Alex that, yet. (He can never remember Aurora.) I can just imagine that family's expressions when they realized who was telling them the answer. :goodvibes

Food & Wine... so jealous... that's the one time of year I really need to get there...I'd like to go at the end of October to do the Halloween party too...;)

Your food looks really yum... wish I had some right now...

Ahhh. Epcot...we didn't get as much Epcot time as I'd have liked last week but...we did have the fortune (or misfortune) to get a Magic Express back to the airport that literally played three... count em three... Epcot songs on a loop tape... The Theme from Canada, The Imagination Song and Listen to the Land...:rolleyes1

Your night time pictures in WS are so pretty... and I'm extra partial to the whole France-Morocco-Japan section...Everything looks so different at night... magical...

I think that the fact the Brandon knows the princesses shows that he pays attention to what you like and that is priceless...:love:

AoA looks like so much fun... awesome, larger than life theming...:)

Heheh love that Brandon is the expert on the princesses! Dh has no princess knowledge. He's learning slowly.
Adult chocolate milk. *giggle*

Haha I know right? :rotfl: You should have your DH start watching princess movies, he might like them! :cool1:

You should!!! and let me know how good (or bad) it is :) lol

Haha, I will! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the answer, even if you are not sure. Grey is fine, at least it's better than beige, which would so not go well with the rest. I guess I was just too impatient to find out for myself in 25 days. :rotfl:

I can't believe you're going in less than a month, yay! :banana: It's so weird that I don't remember the exact color of the walls, because I do remember noticing them, and thinking they were a bit dull...but I'm pretty sure they were not beige! Then again, the rest of the room is so colorful, it would make up for it, even if they were! The rug is even amazing! :cool1:

I'm here!! I'm so excited to read your TR! I have to catch up on the whole thing, but I did want to at least pop in and say I'm reading along. I have so much catching up to do on other people's TRs in general, hahaha.

Yay, so glad you're here! :yay: Haha, I'm still behind on TR's and I've been back from Disney for almost a month, I just have such limited DIS time! :confused3

Just joining in!

The Little Mermaid room at AoA is adorable!

What a great first day at Epcot! :thumbsup2

Yay, :welcome:!

It really was adorable, I'm so happy they made Little Mermaid themed rooms! :thumbsup2

I love Epcot, as you will find out as you read more of my TR, I'm kind of obsessed with it actually! And it's even better when it's Food and Wine time! :dance3:

SO much tasty food in your last few updates. I completely concur -- the holiday Earl of Sandwich IS probably the best sandwich on earth. They should just change its name to that on the menu. :thumbsup2 Also, the coq au vin and the Irish chocolate cake are two of my fav F&W items. Delish! :cloud9:

Loved seeing the Little Mermaid pics. That section was still closed when we stayed at Art of Animation in July. The whole resort is so gorgeous though, I love the lobby too. :goodvibes

Isn't the holiday sandwich the BEST? :love: Ahhh I love it so much! I want one SO bad that I keep thinking about just buying all of the ingredients to recreate my own, but I'm afraid it would be awful!

The coq au vin was amazing! So was that lava cake, although it was really tiny! I love the F&W festival! :banana:

I wish I had more time to explore AoA! I really loved the lobby! I wanted to see the Lion King section and the Cars section too, but we just didn't have time! Maybe when I go back in Feb. I'll have time to check it out! :thumbsup2

I am a tad bit jealous at how many booths you were able to stop at in such a short period of time! When Alex and I were there (opening weekend, ugh!) the lines were insanely long; people were complaining about 30-40 minute waits. :eek:

That iced coffee looks sooo good. I think it's totally worth the money...

I had to laugh at Brandon knowing the princesses, that's pretty good. I don't think I've taught Alex that, yet. (He can never remember Aurora.) I can just imagine that family's expressions when they realized who was telling them the answer. :goodvibes

Wow 30-40 minutes to wait at a booth? That's crazy! :eek: The lines weren't too bad, because it was a Thursday night, but we did go back over the weekend and they were a bit longer, but I don't think we waited 30 or 40 minutes for anything! Even the lines that seemed really long moved pretty quickly!

The iced coffee is really good, there's just not enough of it! :rotfl2:

Haha, yeah, I was surprised he knew Aurora because Sleeping Beauty isn't a movie I watch a lot! It's nice to know he pays attention! :rotfl2:

Food & Wine... so jealous... that's the one time of year I really need to get there...I'd like to go at the end of October to do the Halloween party too...;)

Your food looks really yum... wish I had some right now...

Ahhh. Epcot...we didn't get as much Epcot time as I'd have liked last week but...we did have the fortune (or misfortune) to get a Magic Express back to the airport that literally played three... count em three... Epcot songs on a loop tape... The Theme from Canada, The Imagination Song and Listen to the Land...:rolleyes1

Your night time pictures in WS are so pretty... and I'm extra partial to the whole France-Morocco-Japan section...Everything looks so different at night... magical...

I think that the fact the Brandon knows the princesses shows that he pays attention to what you like and that is priceless...:love:

AoA looks like so much fun... awesome, larger than life theming...:)

Yes, you have to go in October for Food and Wine! And the Halloween party, it's such a fun time to go! :banana:

Wow I'm not sure I could handle listening to Epcot music on the way back to the airport, I'd probably cry! :laughing: At least they didn't play the Soarin' music, that would send me over the edge! :scared1:

Thank you! I really love the WS, especially at night! All of the countries are beautiful, but especially Morocco, Japan and France!

Aww, I think so too! I'm sure he doesn't love princesses or princess movies, but it's nice that he pays attention! :thumbsup2

AoA is adorable, I love it! :upsidedow

France is a great country during F&W. One of my favorites too, I always want to eat everything!

You've got to try the escargot one day. I was hesitant for the longest time, but oh my gosh it's so good!

Haha, doing the creep on Aurora.

Man, that drink is very tasty, but it's also so small! I can't stand it. :rotfl2: I need more!

There is nothing wrong with calling Brandon dude! I use it as a term of endearment all the time. :thumbsup2

Epcot is my favorite night park by far. I just adore Spaceship Earth all lit up like that.

I was in Epcot that evening too. I am trying to remember what time we got there. I think around 6ish? Anyways...I have NEVER seen it that busy in my whole entire life. It was wall to wall people. I was so annoyed as it was impossible to walk anywhere. I think it too us over 40 minutes to walk from the gateway to Norway.
I was tied and hungry, so that probably didn't help my mood. LOL

France is a great country during F&W. One of my favorites too, I always want to eat everything!

You've got to try the escargot one day. I was hesitant for the longest time, but oh my gosh it's so good!

Haha, doing the creep on Aurora.

Man, that drink is very tasty, but it's also so small! I can't stand it. :rotfl2: I need more!

There is nothing wrong with calling Brandon dude! I use it as a term of endearment all the time. :thumbsup2

Epcot is my favorite night park by far. I just adore Spaceship Earth all lit up like that.

I'm way too afraid to try the escargot! Brandon loves it, but I don't know, it freaks me out! :scared1:

I feel like I should meet Aurora someday, because last year she walked by us in the Grand Floridian, and this year in France. Maybe it's a sign! You know, considering I'm terrified of the princesses and everything! :rotfl2:

Yeah they really need to have a bigger size of that iced coffee...I'd gladly pay like $15 for a giant souvenir mug full of it!

Haha, I'm glad you approve of me calling Brandon dude...we're just not the "honey" "baby" type of couple! :laughing:

I love Epcot at night! I love Epcot anytime, but it's even more beautiful at night! :thumbsup2

I was in Epcot that evening too. I am trying to remember what time we got there. I think around 6ish? Anyways...I have NEVER seen it that busy in my whole entire life. It was wall to wall people. I was so annoyed as it was impossible to walk anywhere. I think it too us over 40 minutes to walk from the gateway to Norway.
I was tied and hungry, so that probably didn't help my mood. LOL

Really you thought it was busy? I thought it was pretty quiet, for one of the last nights of Food and Wine! Now, over the weekend was busy! Or maybe I've just gotten used to Food and Wine crowds at Epcot, I don't know! :rotfl: And yeah, being tired and hungry always makes the crowds seem much worse! :rotfl2:

Can't Talk. Eating.

Arrival Day 11/8, Part 4

Hi everyone! Ugh, I feel like I haven't been on the DIS in days! Between Christmas shopping and decorating and trying to watch Christmas movies, I've been neglecting the DIS! Hopefully things will go back to normal after the holidays, it seems kind of dead around here!

After Brandon and I were finished in Japan, we wanted to check out the Hops and Barley booth, which is in the America section of the World Showcase. The line was INSANE! I mean, some of the booths had kind of long lines that night, but that one was ridiculous. Even though I was really hoping to get a cup of my favorite beer, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, we skipped it. We had a few more Food and Wine days and figured we'd be back!

Since we didn't stop in Hops and Barley, we went to another favorite of mine...

P1000087.jpg

Italy! I love the ravioli they have there, and the line was not long at all, so we grabbed one. I assumed Brandon would get one too, but he said he was full. Lame. :faint:

P1000088.jpg

Mmmm, it's so good! So many people don't like it, but I think it's so good! I mean, it's not the best ravioli in the world or anything, but it's good. But basically, you can put melted cheese over pasta and sauce and I I'll love it. I'm a simple girl I guess. :thumbsup2

I have no idea why, but I have no pictures from what we did next, but I was saving room for dessert, because I knew I wanted something from Karamel Kuche! Which is where we ended up next...I absolutely love that store, it always makes me wish I was from Germany, so I could move to Epcot and work there! It smells so good in there, I can't take it! Disney should make an air freshener out of that scent!

The line was crazy that night, so it took a while to get something, but that just gave me more time to agonize over what I was getting! If you have read and of my previous TR's, you know that I can never decide on anything there, because it all looks SO good! Well, this night was not any different, and I changed my mind about 10 different times before I decided on...the chewy carmel bar! You really cannot go wrong with that! I didn't take a picture, I'm sorry, because the second I had it in my hand, I devoured it! I'm not sure what it is about that bar, but it really tastes like Christmas to me. I know that's weird, but I eat it and I immediately think of Christmas! :confused3

We walked by all of the booths between Germany and Norway, but we were both finally stuffed, so we didn't sample anything else! I'd say we did pretty good with the booths for the first night!

Our night wasn't over though, there was no way I was leaving Epcot without going on one of my favorite attractions...

P1000090.jpg

Yay!!!! I love this ride so much. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but it's just so perfect. I love scary trolls and a somewhat hostile Norwegian voice telling me about how beautiful Norway is!

I tried to take a picture of the adorable little village at the end of the ride and this is the best I could get:

P1000095.jpg

When we got out of our boat, we were disappointed to see that the movie wasn't playing that night. I'm not sure how they could deprive people of that masterpiece, but that's what was happening. I feel bad for all of the first time Disney visitors who missed out. :rolleyes1

(Ok, I feel bad making fun of that poor little movie! I mean, yes, it's boring, but Norway does seem like a pretty country...maybe they could just update it?)

Anyway, we went directly into the shop where I didn't bother looking at anything until I found my Laila, which is really all I care about in that store.

P1000097.jpg

Everyone else can drool over the $300 sweaters and take their crazy pictures with the giant troll in their viking hats, I'll just be in the corner, covering myself in Laila. Ahhh, I love that stuff!

Once I felt I was sufficiently doused in Laila, we left Norway and went to Mexico!

P1000097.jpg

P1000106.jpg

I don't remember exactly what happened in here, but I know Brandon and I separated for a little while. I'm guessing he went to get a margarita and I didn't, but for some reason, I didn't write anything down in my notes! I do remember walking around for a long time by myself, taking tons of pictures though!

P1000112.jpg

P1000113.jpg

I love how pretty and colorful everything is in there!

I'm assuming we went on Gran Fiesta Tour, because I never go in Mexico without going on that, but again, I have no notes from this part of the night! I was getting so tired and I just didn't feel like keeping track of everything anymore, and I figured my pictures would remind me for my TR...note to self...take better notes! :rolleyes1

Once we finished whatever we were doing in Mexico, we had a decision to make. We could find a spot for Illuminations or we could leave before it started and beat everyone out. I could tell Brandon was done for the night, and I was pretty exhausted too, so I suggested that we just leave. I hated to skip Illuminations on the first night, but we still had our entire trip ahead of us, and I knew I'd see it a few times.

We walked back towards Future World, which looked absolutely beautiful that night!

P1000119.jpg

P1000121.jpg

We both love the fountain so much, so we stopped to watch that for a few minutes, and then of course, I made us detour into Mouse Gear. I can't help it, I'm SO obsessed with this store! As tired as I was, I still had the energy to look around for a little while!

P1000129.jpg

P1000131.jpg

I love all of the Perry the Platypus stuff they have now! I don't understand why you can't meet him in the parks, I love Phineas and Ferb, but Perry is the best! :thumbsup2

After looping around Mouse Gear and seeing all of the new stuff they had, it was time to leave Epcot!

IMG_1548.jpg

I was sad to be missing Illuminations, but I was so ready for bed! I'm glad we got out of there before it started, otherwise I probably would have stayed! :rotfl:

We went back to the Art of Animation, and everything was all lit up, so I had to get a picture of the sign, it's SO pretty! I drove poor Brandon crazy, because I actually made him drive to the check in parking area and let me out of the car to take these pictures:

P1000133.jpg

P1000134.jpg

He tried to argue with me, but I insisted, since we were only there for one night! FINALLY we went back to our room and immediately passed out! It was such a great first day, but OMG, was I tired by the end of the night! We had to get up really early too, because I had this crazy idea of checking OUT of AoA, checking IN to POR, AND making to MK for rope drop by 8am...

Up next...will we make it to rope drop??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter