No more towel characters

Just give negative feedback on your after vacation surveys. I feel like we are three years away from the conveyor belt ride--the one where they herd you onto a conveyor belt and you get to look at what Disney once offered when they didn't have too many people and not enough staff. You get to ride three rides but must reenter the conveyor belt ride that empties into a giftshop with a one way exit back to an overcrowded bus stop!

I understand that. I'm just trying to understand the reason some people choose to tip.

I've got the same point of view. Being from the UK coming to America on holiday is stressful when it comes to tipping etiquette. I get stressed if i forget because I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't know. I had no idea that people normally tip room cleaners until after I got back home.

This is why I loved Tokyo Disney and Japan in general. They don't tip at all. If you try and tip they'll just think you've forgotten some money and give it back to you.

Anyways a bit off topic but I don't feel to strongly about tipping or not tipping. I try to follow whatever culture I'm in when on vacation.

The past few years, the only time we receive a towel animal was on our arrival day. There was always one on the bed. The only place we ever received them everyday was in the cabins at Fort Wilderness. I think that is a good compromise, one upon arrival - a Mickey Head, which we have typically received.

Our last two trips we had none and really missed it. It was such a lovely thing to come back to and put a smile on your face. Made staying on property a bit magical.

Is a clean room and towel animal mutuallly exclusive? How did they manage for all the years I have been visiting WDW? Just an example of another special touch that Disney is taking away from the guests's experience.Fortunately, they have a whole set of new guests that have no frame of reference for the original Disney I knew who will keep packing the parks.

Just received word from housekeeping and front desk management that their will no longer be anymore towel animals made in the disney world resort properties. Management said a focus survey stated guest would rather have cleaner rooms then towel characters. I'm lost on this but I just checked out of the cabins in Fort wilderness and saw supervision tell a 27 year employed housekeeper she would be reprimanded if she made any characters. Oh how the times have changed.
This is funny. I just checked out a room today that had dirtiness from the prior guests for my entire stay. I got no towel creations AND no clean room. :(

{As an FYI}
1) At some resorts (such as hotels) the "quota" is 16-18 rooms per shift, or one every 1/2-hr or less.
2) At other resorts (such as DVC's), it could be one every 4-hrs.
3) Room quota examples: (at WDW, these are referred to as "Section Sizes", and excludes vacant rooms)
. . . All Star Resorts . . . 18 per shift
. . . AKL . . . . . . . . . . . .. 16 per shift
. . . FW . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10 per shift
. . . PO (both) . . . . . . . 17 per shift (16, if trundle beds)
. . . DVC . . . . . . . . . . . 420 points per shift (different room types have different point values)

NOTE:
ALL maids who finish their assigned rooms early, may leave work up to 45-minutes early and still be fully paid.
Most non-DVC maids can enroll in a Flex-program to add rooms - there is up to $1.50 bonus per every room.
DVC maids also can get paid "Incentive Pay" (bonus money up to $35 per room) for cleaning quicker.
Looks like a great way to make rooms less clean.

I'm sure somebody has mentioned this, but I'm guessing a lot of this has to do with people EXPECTING towel animals now. Instead of just being happy if they happen to get one, they get upset if they don't have them.

This has ruined our vacation! $4,000 down the tubes! All that planning, those rides, the hotel: a waste!

If it hasn't been mentioned already, Disney Movie Rewards has DCL towel characters available as a reward for 5 points each. I've never seen them on there before til now. Not quite the same as having them in your room.

I know no towel animals, but any recent reports of fun with stuffed animal friends? My kids love to bring one plush each and see what mousekeeping does with them. Last year the best was buzz rocking baby simba to sleep while the other two plush "watched". If this is off limits too, we may save space in the luggage and not bring them.

Last trip only had one the whole time. Kids would have liked more, but clean rooms are way more important.

You don't have to tip. I wouldn't feel obligated if you don't think it is necessary. I tip because I think it's very hard work and actually, I do think what they get paid is too low. My mom was a domestic when she came to this country so I guess I have that perspective as well. And maybe my own, since I clean my own house and know how gross it can be sometimes lol.

I DEFINITELY don't get paid enough to clean my own house!!!:P

to be honest, I can't see I really noticed the towel animals before. I mean, I'm sure there were some, but I probably just moved them out of the way and carried on with my business.

I know no towel animals, but any recent reports of fun with stuffed animal friends? My kids love to bring one plush each and see what mousekeeping does with them. Last year the best was buzz rocking baby simba to sleep while the other two plush "watched". If this is off limits too, we may save space in the luggage and not bring them.
I loved this... My daughter was thrilled to find her stuffed animal using her crayons and coloring book when we got back to the room....and her baby doll tucked into her pack n play . I hope they can still do this. But if rusty skuppers list of incentives to be fast are accurate ...I doubt many would want to take the time...

Later this year will be my son's first trip to Disney World. I was looking forward to seeing his expression when he saw the towel character. I guess I'll have to start looking into making one for him myself. Boo.

We just returned from a 14 night stay at 4 different resorts. We received zero towel animals. But to make up for it, we found a dirty sock between the sheets on our Fort Wilderness bunk bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter