No more body butter!!

We had lotion on the Dream (8/10/12). I don't like the smell of the shampoo or conditioner on the ships ... but I do like the body butter (and now lotion) smell.

The products we had at AKL in WDW before the cruise were H2O, but they had green labels with Tinkerbell on them and a grapefruit scent. I actually liked them quite a bit ... wasn't a fan of the blue stuff. They seem smaller though ... they were replenished frequently.

Interestingly enough, our toiletries at the Grand Californian last summer included a little bottle of the same body butter they used to provide on the ships. I gave it a whiff and it reminded me of a cruise! LOL.

Yes, the same here...didn't like the smell of them...and needed a whole bottle of conditoner to get a comb trough my long hair..but I liked the new smell of the wdw products a lot better !! Its al very personal, so I think it ok they change it once in a while ! Still love the smell of the DLP products, I keep the soaps in my wardrobe !

I heard it was lotion. I have very dry skin. The lotion does nothing for me. I found travel size containers of the H2O body butter at Ulta and I'm packing that :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for the tip! Definitely going to Ulta to check this out... :)

It's a shame that they keep changing the little things that make Disney special! I too was a fan of the honey mustard and the body butter.

I actually brought my own little bottle of Ken's honey mustard on the Dream with me last fall...:guilty:

What are the actual products that DCL used to use? there are a couple on the site and just curious as to which is the one?

thanks, JENN

Do they still have shower gel on the cruise ships? (disney fantasy)

Not in our cat 9B cabin they didn't. I mentioned this above in my post as we just got off the Fantasy on Sat.

I was very suprised, so I asked our stateroom attendant, and he brought me 3 tubes that night. He was extremely detail oriented, so I can't imagine he would have forgotten about it.

Not sure if only certain categories have it or it's gone for all, but it definitely was not in our cruise cabin last week.

Tiger

I'm working on my 'packing list', so I need to know... Was there body butter or body lotion in your stateroom? I love the body butter and don't need to pack lotion if they still are giving the body butter. But if it's something new, I'll have to pack some of my own lotion. I don't want to risk ending up dry and cracked and flaky on vacation!
TIA! :goodvibes

Just got off the Wonder today and it was just lotion. :sad2: It does nothing for my legs & feet. Smells nice but otherwise worthless.
That's another thing I'll need to pack now for future cruises. We did ask if he had any old body butter and he said yes but brought more lotion. At least he tried.

On our past cruises, we only received the shower gel when we cruised concierge. :goodvibes

The common practice is only give shower gel to concierge. On our last cruise, I talked to stateroom host and he was able to get some for my wife.

My wife has my MS and her hands shake so a bar of soap is a no go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter