No FP for 7DMT, now what?

Last summer.. June... we did 7 DMT at rode drop without fastpass... went straight there.. got to the line before ride opened... seemed long but went quickly... maybe 20 minutes total... really not bad at all... i have never been successful getting a FP for this ride

Last Friday night at the Halloween party I saw a posted wait for 20 minutes about 11:30 pm. We didn't ride because we had ridden earlier in the day with a FP, but that seemed like a good time. We instead went and met A&E with a 10 minute wait, which we couldn't get a FP for!

There was no fp for the mine train when i went last month.
I was there at rope drop, and i reckon i was within the first 30-40 people at rope drop to ride it.
Was fine. Was on within 5 mins, infact the walk through to get to the ride seemed longer than the ride itself.

I don't think I'll get FP at this point because it's tomorrow! PPalsp pot

Keep trying on the app or use all of your current FPs and go to a kiosk and try. Things change all the time. I kept looking for the 7DMT and it showed up one day. We even got a 2nd FP of TSMM just last week (aro 1:30pm) because we went to the kiosk. We went with the thought of what's the worst that can happen, it's not there. Not only did it pop up, but later in the day, I was even able to change to an earlier time. So things do happen and people do change their FP choices. Don't give up.

There was no fp for the mine train when i went last month.
I was there at rope drop, and i reckon i was within the first 30-40 people at rope drop to ride it.
Was fine. Was on within 5 mins, infact the walk through to get to the ride seemed longer than the ride itself.

How early do you have to arrive to be within the first 30-40 in line?

SDMT was a total disappointment. I wouldn't stress about it. But I think you would need to be through bag check at least 30-45 minutes early.

We went yesterday, got in line at the main entrance of MK at about 8:15. We were near the front for RD and headed straight for SDMT (with about 75% of everyone else).

It took us about 10 minutes to ride, upon exiting the stand by line was already showing 50 minutes.

As others have said, fun ride, but disappointed. It's too short and they could have done so much more with what's suppose to be their "main" attraction of the revamped FL.

No way I would fight the crowd again, next time we'll use RD to take advantage of everyone else trying to get to this attraction.

As others have said, fun ride, but disappointed. It's too short and they could have done so much more with what's suppose to be their "main" attraction of the revamped FL
It was designed to be much more but unfortunaty Disney is just so strapped for cash the build budget had to be cut significantly. I'm sure we can all relate.

Go early at rope drop or later at night during the parade or right before Wishes. The wait should be 15-20 minutes. It's a short ride and the line moves pretty quick. We had FP+ for it but rode stand by twice so we could catch all of the details. I think it is better at night. Waiting until late at night is a good strategy for these headliner attractions. Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, even A&E M&G can be done with relatively short waits. We were able to ride BTMRR three times in a row just by going through the queue and getting on the train about a half an hour before close one night. Don't sweat the FP+ for things especially if you are going to be in the park late and aren't worried about the parades or fireworks. Cheers!!!!!

Another vote for being early to rope drop. We got Mickey's approval of our fingerprint at 8:20am on Friday Oct 2nd and were not too far back in the crowd that headed to 7DMT when the rope dropped. It would have been a successful plan except that 7DMT was down that morning. Just our luck. Some folks decided to wait in line anyway but we decided to continue on to the next ride on our list. Peter Pan then HM with no wait!

As others have said, there are ways to ride without FP+. Have a magical visit!

Go to PP at rd. the sb queue is really nice and the line manageable. Try the mine train later at night

It's hard to justify arriving 45 minutes before park opening just to ride once, when you could ride twice in less time later at night.

We didn't ride it on either of our MNSSHP nights recently but I can tell you that wait time was listed as 20 minutes at 11:30pm on a sold out night and the next week it was listed as 10 minutes at that same time. We were just too tired by then to even think about riding it!

With so little that is new in the MK, I can totally understand your wanting to do it. It's a perfectly nice ride (family friendly), etc. // After having done it once though, I wouldn't be upset about skipping it if it. Maybe do it at your last ride of the night at the party. That's what we did when we were there. Even then it was a 40 minute wait when we hit it at 11:00 p.m. That gave us time, though, for twice on Space Mountain after that before midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter