No FP for 7DMT, now what?

kkbrig

Mouseketeer
Most of the touring plans seem to base the plan on you getting a FP for 7DMT. Well, there were no more available for my day (tomorrow) nor for PP, so I picked Space Mountain (9:20), JC (12:45), and BTMR (11:20). I was trying to get relatively early times in hopes to get a 4th pass. Now trying to determine my overall plan and if I ought to try and change these.

My first and biggest question is what to do about 7DMT- I've seen many posts saying go to it at rope drop, but seen some reports that by rope drop its so full from breakfast folks that it's already a long line. I've also noted on wait time charts that the wait at 9:30 is 60 minutes, and stays from there to 80 minutes most of the day until 7:00. So, should I go at rope drop and gamble waiting in a 30-45 min in that line (less than later) but missing all that valuable time to ride other things? I was just thinking that a long wait early might increase the wait times on everything, negating any time saved by riding it early. Conversely if we waited to ride it late afternoon, we may wait an hour, but we hit many rides during that key 9-10am window.

Thanks!

Can always try just before close. There are posters that say the ride times are often less than posted before close.

My daughter was@WDW last Friday she had 1 day @ MK it was a side trip had a conference in Tampa. Her day was planned @ less than 30 days out. She was able to get 7DMT. They were a party of 2. Just keep trying. She was able to get them one at a time. At first one was afternoon and one at night but they just kept checking until they got 2 overlapping times. Hope this helps.

I don't think I'll get FP at this point because it's tomorrow! PPalsp pot

I'd check tomorrow morning; we had good luck with last-minute SDMT last week (granted that's with a party of just two). FPs were crucial when SDMT was having technical problems last Friday and only operated for a small part of the day.

We rope dropped it this time last year when we couldn't get FP+ and only spent 10 minutes in line (the gates opened a bit early and we were there 1/2 hour prior to RD). We made sure we were lined up on that side of the park and walked briskly straight to it. When we got off at 9.10 the wait was up to 50 mins.

Hope this works for you as well, have a great trip!

The line is shortest later at night. On a recent visit, we found a 10 minute wait just after Wishes. The posted wait was 65.

Another time, we visited A&E then rode 7D twice in just over a half hour. This is the kind of results that can't be done in the morning.

Our longest standby wait ever for 7D was 20 minutes during opening week in 2014. The posted wait that night was 110 minutes just before midnight.

sorry about the gibberish at the end.

What have folks seen as waits when they've gone at rope drop?

Touring plans says I should start with Buzz then go to my FP at space mountain, pirates, splash then BTMR...

Unless you're walking super fast and near the front of the pack, you'll likely be waiting 30+ min just shortly after rope drop.

Ride it at night. Shorter lines and the ride is a lot more fun.

The long line at RD is not from breakfast crowds, it's the RD crowd itself. If you get to the head of that crowd, you'll walk right on, or close to it, at RD. That means an arrival no later than 8:15.

If you're going tomorrow, that's a party day and the last FP+ window closes at 6:30. So I'd hop in line after that, when the SB line will be moving faster than during the day because it won't be slowed by FP+ returners.

I had that problem at 60+ days out....We finally had to switch days around to get one. Had planned MK for day 2 and had to go to day 4 to get it .

It also doesn't hurt to check the online app for same-day FP availability. Some people will drop their FPs at the last minute. We snagged a 7DMT FP for the same day because I checked the app while waiting in line for Peter Pan.

Toward the end of MNSSHP the line will be relatively short, but I wouldn't waste a lot of prime party time on it.

Ps we will be there all day plus in the evening for mnsshp
Save it for MNSSHP...you will have a much shorter wait and make that your first ride of the evening or better yet ride during the first parade and watch the second parade.

I personally would not wait a long time at RD. We covered soo much territory in that first hour that it really started our day off on a great note (my children couldn't believe how much we had done by the time we sat down for lunch). We did have a FP later in the day for 7DMT but on our second MK day we did not, we did it the last thing before we left the park and only waited about 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter