No disney hotels for November 14-17th

csgsu

DIS Veteran
anyone know whats going on? All of the crowd calendars say the parks wont be to bad but no hotels ive never seen that

Free dining.

It doesn't have a huge impact on crowds, but it does make onsite rooms and ADRs hard to come by.

Free Dining would take up allot of rooms I suppose but there are not rooms for any nights which I thought was weird

Wow, those literally booked up in a day, because I looked yesterday at hotels for the 12th through 15th with a cheap airfare deal and there were definitely several options!

We had a hard time getting a room during that time, too. We're arriving on the 16th, and at the time of booking (like, 3 months ago or so) we could only rent DVC points for either AKV, OKW, or SSR. That was IT. Crazy! We got in at OKW and it'll be fine, but I was surprised, too!!

I know, I'm trying to go Dec 3-6 and would stay at values or mod and there is nothing available. I wonder if it is just because its such a short stay.

We were either going the last Friday-Monday of Nov or the 1st fri-mon of Dec. had to book November bc there was no value or mod availability in December(there was Coronado but it was 225 per night as opposed to 116 for pop in Nov) so I guess I will deal with Thanksgiving wknd crowds-although crowd calendars are similar, I think Pop Warner week starts on dec 6th, maybe that's why? Also reservations more difficult for Dec.

I've been looking for a few weeks for reservations myself. We decided on a last-minute trip to F&W for our anniversary. DH can't get off work until the last weekend though. I look every day for reservations. I even called for reservations a few weeks ago, and they didn't have anything. I was able to snag a reservation at the Boardwalk, which will be perfect for F&W. I couldn't believe there wasn't anything available either. I still check daily because we would love to stay at Riverside, which is our home away from home!! You never know if someone might cancel and a room will become available. I assumed it was so busy because it was the last weekend of F&W and free dining combined. Keep checking daily and hopefully something will pop up!!

It's not completely booked those days, a few deluxes are available and a few campsites have opening. Also that is mostly a weekend and if you go starting Monday the 16th there are lots and lots of openings.

We were able to get club level rooms at Boardwalk Inn from November 7-11 and Yacht Club from November 11-15. No problem at all.

I had some strange stuff happen while trying to book for mid-October a couple weeks ago. On my laptop Disney didn't show any availability, so I checked Expedia and they had a lot of availability in their block, so I booked thru them. Then I was trying to calculate savings from bundling air/hotel and signed on to Disney on my phone to check daily room cost and they showed availability, including POFQ which I had just booked thru Expedia... thought that was kind of weird so I checked via my laptop, and again no avilability displayed. I did save $40 by bundling, not a lot but enough to cover a couple QS meals. It's been years since I booked thru Expedia and I was wondering about linking to MDE because it used to be (and this was 10 or so years ago) that Expedia didn't release their bookings to Disney until a week or so before the trip, but the itinerary for the first part of my stay came with the Disney confirmation #, so no propblem there: the second part didn't and when I called Expedia they had to call Disney but Disney's reservation system was down... haven't called back yet to try again.

It shows that there are a few availabilities, but when you click on them, there isn't anything showing. That has happened quite a few times to me.

Check priceline or expedia, you might be able to get rooms through them. I think though it's just the perfect storm that weekend, free dining and the end of F&W.

They've actually been fully booked for awhile. We are going that timeframe and my sister wanted to come in one day early and she couldn't find anything 1 night. Not a value, mod or deluxe. And that was for 1 night.

But as a point of reference, our package balance isn't due just yet so once that date hits I'm guessing you will see a lot of openings.

I think the wilderness lodge and maybe some other hotels are doing some renovations so maybe capacity is down as they do this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter