No disney hotels for November 14-17th

Wow, I went and checked and you're right. There is nothing at all. The only thing I pulled is BLT and campsites. I'm very surprised. I've been and the crowds are normally low during this time. I hope that hasn't changed.

anyone know whats going on? All of the crowd calendars say the parks wont be to bad but no hotels ive never seen that

Actually, did you check day by day? Usually there is only 1, maybe 2 days that are actually the hold up.

11/14 - Looks to be the reason you show all booked. Online only shows suites at AKL and CR.
11/15 - 11/17 brings up more availability, but still somewhat limited since many may stay through to Monday due to being the last weekend of F&W

In 2011, I was at WDW for about a week, leaving on the last Friday of F&W. From Monday through Wednesday, the crowds were fine, but come Thursday afternoon, you saw a substantial increase. I had time to kill on that Friday before leaving and MK and Epcot were both crazy that morning. I decided to head back to my resort and sit by the pool reading until it was time for DME.

anyone know whats going on? All of the crowd calendars say the parks wont be to bad but no hotels ive never seen that

I suspect the announcement that this is the last year of the Lights at Hollywood. 3 weeks ago there were plenty of rooms available and when I checked today, the only available resorts are the Deluxe ones. We are going 9-19 and have always gone that time of year with very low crowds. I don't think it will be that way this year.

So what day is the last day of F&W? Idk what I was thinking deciding to go to Epcot on Sun the 15th! :scared:

So what day is the last day of F&W? Idk what I was thinking deciding to go to Epcot on Sun the 15th! :scared:

Last day is November 16th. I'll be at Epcot on the 15th too. It's okay to be crazy. I am just grateful to get to experience F&W.

I think it is a mix of the end of the Osborne lights and the end of F&W and the start of the Christmas season.

We originally tried to rent points for a studio - we were told by our points broker of choice that every studio from the start of the Christmas party through the beginning of January was booked for check-in on Thursday and check out on Sunday. I then looked at these weekends on Disney.com figuring we'd stay in a value or moderate - the only thing I could get to come up was BLT at $480 and VGF at $525/night. Oh, I forgot - one of those weekends had rooms at Coronado Springs for $780 a night. Looks like we won't ever get to see the lights - all of our preferred off-site hotels are booked or extremely expensive as well.

When We book in june, It was places at all star sports, that's It (We wanted to go at Pop). In july no more rooms! We go November 9 to 19. I wanted value resort because we are there just for sleep and relax at breakfast (outdoor)

That's what we're there for in November, my dh's national sales meeting. They have had it in Orlando 3 out of 4 years and usually in November. This year it just happens to be the week before Thanksgiving. We are offsite, though. :( That being a normally low period, I was really shocked at the lack of rooms. I hadn't even attempted to look until I saw this thread, since our room is paid for and the add on days we have before my dh meeting are heavily discounted.

Even though I know the reasons I'm really suprised that there's nothing. Only a few times I've ever pulled up nothing, mostly spring break or holiday periods. o_O

many people are going down , even for just a few nights, to see the last of theosbourne spectacle of lights. since we are AP holders I was thinking maybe.. but hubby is due to have major back surgery. and I am thinking it is going to be PACKED.

we're there November 13-16, post cruise and I've had a hard time finding availability. I feel I was lucky to get BC/CL with my bounceback code.

This is exactly what I've been saying about November. Free dining is offered every year at this time yet I've never seen little to no availability the week before Thanksgiving like I have this year. There's a thread in this forum stating that, so far, September has been extremely busy compared to years past. I know Disney is trying to load balance as well as we are seeing more and more people getting the chance to make the trip but I can't say I was expecting the week to be THAT busy.

I think they must have a lot of rooms blocked out for renovation before Christmas holidays. I tried making a reservation at the end of October for a last minute trip and they had nothing available either. I thought it was a glitch on the website, but when I called they confirm everything is sold out.

This is exactly what I've been saying about November. Free dining is offered every year at this time yet I've never seen little to no availability the week before Thanksgiving like I have this year. There's a thread in this forum stating that, so far, September has been extremely busy compared to years past. I know Disney is trying to load balance as well as we are seeing more and more people getting the chance to make the trip but I can't say I was expecting the week to be THAT busy.

But there is availability, just not for the weekends. Take out the weekends and you have lots of openings, I just looked again and almost every resort has opening the week before thanksgiving. I really wonder if it is a combo of F&W and the last year of Osborne lights, people are making weekend trips.

But there is availability, just not for the weekends. Take out the weekends and you have lots of openings, I just looked again and almost every resort has opening the week before thanksgiving. I really wonder if it is a combo of F&W and the last year of Osborne lights, people are making weekend trips.
I completely agree with this. I ran Monday through Friday searches for several weeks in Nov., Sept, and early Dec. and ended up with very similar availabilty any week I looked (about 6 to 8 resorts). If you start including weekends, availability drops dramatically. It makes me think a lot of people are taking weekend trips too.

Have you tried actually calling or are you just looking online? We needed one extra night for the 12th of that weekend and nothing was showing as available online. When we called, they offered us availability at Pop, All Stars, Port Orleans, or the Caribbean when we said we just wanted a cheap room before checking into Old Key West.

My 2 youngest boys and I will be there with my mom Dec 11-14th. I'm still able to go in and book a package, no problem. Are you trying to book with a special offer? Maybe rooms for that offer are booked up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter