No cats to herd this time! It's just the two of us!UPDATED 11/24-DIS Meet & Departure

I haven't seen many (or any?) of the World Showcase performers either. But, I've heard great things about so many of them. I have one friend who won't miss Off Kilter. Maybe you can find some clips of some of the groups on YouTube to see what you and Shawn like? Sounds like a great way to spend an adult vacation!

I haven't seen many (or any?) of the World Showcase performers either. But, I've heard great things about so many of them. I have one friend who won't miss Off Kilter. Maybe you can find some clips of some of the groups on YouTube to see what you and Shawn like? Sounds like a great way to spend an adult vacation!

I think Off Kilter is definitely on my list Michelle! :goodvibes

Sara

Great PTR as usual Sara :) I was worried that I had missed it somehow....your trip is getting so close, you ready? Haha!:goodvibes I can't wait to hear about everything and see your pics....you always have great pics :goodvibes Glad I found you so I can hop on this last leg of the PTR ride!!!

Hey Sara - I have a question for you and need your expert opinion. :) I was able to book a lunch for Sam and I at Coral Reef today for Sunday while we are at WDW. I was thinking about ordering a small cake (for her birthday) but wasn't sure if that was really a good thing to do with all the great dessert choices there. The other thing is I'd want to make sure we get a small cake so we don't have to take it with us. On the other hand, it would be cool to order a cake. What would you do?

Great PTR as usual Sara :) I was worried that I had missed it somehow....your trip is getting so close, you ready? Haha!:goodvibes I can't wait to hear about everything and see your pics....you always have great pics :goodvibes Glad I found you so I can hop on this last leg of the PTR ride!!!

Thanks for joining in Katie! I am soooo not ready - for family trips I would be packed already but being just Shawn and I, I really have slacked off! I just can't get him on board with any cute custom Disney outfits! :rotfl: I'm hoping this weekend I can get to the store and buy things like sunscreen and chewing gum! Geez - I'm slipping, aren't I?

I'm really hoping Shawn can get some good pics on this trip, since he won't be pulled in a bazillion different directions as usual! :goodvibes

6 days!!!! :banana::banana:

Hey Sara - I have a question for you and need your expert opinion. :) I was able to book a lunch for Sam and I at Coral Reef today for Sunday while we are at WDW. I was thinking about ordering a small cake (for her birthday) but wasn't sure if that was really a good thing to do with all the great dessert choices there. The other thing is I'd want to make sure we get a small cake so we don't have to take it with us. On the other hand, it would be cool to order a cake. What would you do?

Hi Michelle! :) That's so awesome about the lunch at the Coral Reef - love that place and I'm kinda sad we aren't eating there this trip! :guilty:

Does Sam like the desserts at the Coral Reef? :confused3 The Chocolate Wave has alcohol, right? Is it noted on your reservation that you are celebrating a birthday? They brought Katie a make-your-own sundae which she liked. As far as the cake though, I think being that you aren't at a buffet, ordering a cake is nice. A special thing to do for her birthday. They do have those small cakes - for girls I think it is a princess jewelry box cake - I will look for a picture. They are fairly small, so you wouldn't have to waste a whole lot. Don't know if Sam would like it since it's princesses, but I think it's really cute.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/celebrations/customizations/

Check that link out because it looks like they have a thing called "A Sweet Ending to Your Celebration" - Description:
Enrich any special occasion with uniquely Celebrations-inspired desserts available at most Disney restaurants. From truly indulgent desserts to delicious no-sugar-added treats, make your celebration not just sweeter, but more magical. No advanced booking or reservations required.

Sounds promising.

(That link also has the picture of the jewelry box cake, and IDK but it looks kind of young for her...:confused3)

Hope I helped a little. :confused:

Sara

PRE-TRIP PLANS - Day 3, May 15, 2009

Ok, on our 3rd day (2nd full day) we are headed to the Magic Kingdom!!! My favorite place! I just wonder how it will feel when I walk in without my kids with me!

I'm sure a little bit of this :sad1:

but also a little bit of this :yay:

I haven't really thought about a touring plan for the MK but I hope we are able to get on all of our favorites (minus Space....:sad2:) and soak up a lot of atmosphere. I'd like to take a ride on the Liberty Belle (it's something we would almost always skip with kids) and see some Main St Performers (the barbershop quartet and the band among others).

As far as meals, we only have a lunch ADR at the Plaza at 11:30, so I'm thinking we will either eat breakfast in the room again, or grab something at the Main St bakery in the morning (as this is also something I would NEVER stop to do with my kids if we only had one day in the MK!!! :eek: Mornings are for rides!!!)

We will leave the park mid-day to go back to the Poly for a break and then we have an early ADR at the Wave at the Contemporary! :cheer2: I'm excited to be trying out a new place!!! (Well, The Plaza is new too!):banana:

Then after dinner, we will head back over to the MK for more fun and excitement. Unfortunately there is no Spectro on this night, but we are ok with that. Wishes is at 9 and I'm hoping to see it in the park that night as we are planning on Wishes from the Poly beach the next night! :love:

So, ideas/comments/thoughts????

What little hidden gems should I try not to miss at the MK? I'm excited to not be herding a large group through the busiest theme park in the World this time and am hoping to be able to catch a lot of stuff I seem to miss!!

Sara

Hi Michelle! :) That's so awesome about the lunch at the Coral Reef - love that place and I'm kinda sad we aren't eating there this trip! :guilty:

Does Sam like the desserts at the Coral Reef? :confused3 The Chocolate Wave has alcohol, right? Is it noted on your reservation that you are celebrating a birthday? They brought Katie a make-your-own sundae which she liked. As far as the cake though, I think being that you aren't at a buffet, ordering a cake is nice. A special thing to do for her birthday. They do have those small cakes - for girls I think it is a princess jewelry box cake - I will look for a picture. They are fairly small, so you wouldn't have to waste a whole lot. Don't know if Sam would like it since it's princesses, but I think it's really cute.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/celebrations/customizations/

Check that link out because it looks like they have a thing called "A Sweet Ending to Your Celebration" - Description:
Enrich any special occasion with uniquely Celebrations-inspired desserts available at most Disney restaurants. From truly indulgent desserts to delicious no-sugar-added treats, make your celebration not just sweeter, but more magical. No advanced booking or reservations required.

Sounds promising.

(That link also has the picture of the jewelry box cake, and IDK but it looks kind of young for her...:confused3)

Hope I helped a little. :confused:

Michelle, in looking more at that site, there's always something like this you could do in the room for her: :confused3

http://www.disneyflorist.com/produc...isney-Hannah-Montana-Balloon-Bouquet-/display

They have a lot of options (and a lot of prices....:eek:)

Sara

Sara - you are the best! I knew you'd come through with some great ideas! :hug:

We've never been to Coral Reef so I really don't know about the desserts. I spent some time on the cake thread last night and saw some really nice ones but way too big for the two of us. I love the size and presentation of the princess one in the box but not sure if it is too "young" for Sam. I think it would be nice to get something as we aren't usually at WDW for celebrations like this. Ugh! I did see a picture somewhere of a small castle type of cake. Maybe I'll do some more research.

And I love the stuff from disney florist! I just ordered a gift basket for Sam from somewhere else the other day or else that would have been perfect. Thanks for all the input and your great opinions!

Now, on to your MK day! I'm so excited for you guys! We tried the Plaza last October for lunch and really enjoyed it. And I can't wait to see how you like The Wave. It looks really neat but not really somewhere I'd take Sam.

As for more "adult" MK things to do...... I can't really think of any that you wouldn't do with your kids other than maybe the Liberty Belle and Hall of Presidents (darn, don't think that is open yet :rolleyes:). I think it will be really cool to experience all the other attractions with just the two of you!

Just think, next week at this time you will be there!!!! :cool1::yay::cool1::yay:

Sara - you are the best! I knew you'd come through with some great ideas! :hug:

We've never been to Coral Reef so I really don't know about the desserts. I spent some time on the cake thread last night and saw some really nice ones but way too big for the two of us. I love the size and presentation of the princess one in the box but not sure if it is too "young" for Sam. I think it would be nice to get something as we aren't usually at WDW for celebrations like this. Ugh! I did see a picture somewhere of a small castle type of cake. Maybe I'll do some more research.

And I love the stuff from disney florist! I just ordered a gift basket for Sam from somewhere else the other day or else that would have been perfect. Thanks for all the input and your great opinions!

Now, on to your MK day! I'm so excited for you guys! We tried the Plaza last October for lunch and really enjoyed it. And I can't wait to see how you like The Wave. It looks really neat but not really somewhere I'd take Sam.

As for more "adult" MK things to do...... I can't really think of any that you wouldn't do with your kids other than maybe the Liberty Belle and Hall of Presidents (darn, don't think that is open yet :rolleyes:). I think it will be really cool to experience all the other attractions with just the two of you!

Just think, next week at this time you will be there!!!! :cool1::yay::cool1::yay:
No problem, although I don't know if I was all that much help! The castle cake (I thought) you could only get from the GF bakery, but IDK....

They do still have the regular cakes (Sara Lee) - I saw one from someone at the Coral Reef back when I was looking for one for Katie's birthday that looked beautiful - probably still too big for just the two of you though! Wish I as staying another day so I could crash your party and help you eat the cake! :laughing: The desserts at Coral Reef are really good, just don't know if Sam would like them - Chocolate Wave, Creme Brulee, something else, and then ice cream in the make-your-own-sundae thing. If you think she'd be ok with a "princess" type thing, I think that jewelry box cake is adorable and perfectly sized! :goodvibes

Do you think she would like the GF tea? Seems so girly and maybe they could bring out the castle cake there! :confused3

:woohoo:Woo-hoo! A week from now I will be at Epcot!!! Getting ready for dinner at Teppan Edo! Woo-hoo!!! :woohoo:

Sara

Sleeping Becca (yes I forgot to multi quote - or quote at all for that matter....) I love Mexican food, but those birds really bothered me on our trip over Thanksgiving. Some of them jumped up on our table....Ick....maybe I could just pick up some mexican and keep walking to a different spot! :confused3

Oh, we only had one friendly bird. We even named him Henry, because that's such a Mexican name! LOL:rotfl:

What little hidden gems should I try not to miss at the MK? I'm excited to not be herding a large group through the busiest theme park in the World this time and am hoping to be able to catch a lot of stuff I seem to miss!!

Did you guys ever see "PUSH" the talking trash can in TomorrowLand?

How about taking a ride on one of the Main Street vehicles?

We loved joking around with all the Streetmosphere people on Main Street.

Have you ever stopped in at the Town Square Exhibition Hall and posed with the character cutouts?

How about stopping in Liberty Square and getting a "couple's" shadow portrait done... or one of those cartoon caricature portraits?

Of course, simply walking around the park, hand in hand, and not doing much of anything except enjoying the atmosphere sounds wonderful, too!! :love:

Kathy

Did you guys ever see "PUSH" the talking trash can in TomorrowLand?

How about taking a ride on one of the Main Street vehicles?

We loved joking around with all the Streetmosphere people on Main Street.

Have you ever stopped in at the Town Square Exhibition Hall and posed with the character cutouts?

How about stopping in Liberty Square and getting a "couple's" shadow portrait done... or one of those cartoon caricature portraits?

Of course, simply walking around the park, hand in hand, and not doing much of anything except enjoying the atmosphere sounds wonderful, too!! :love:

Kathy

Those are all great, Kathy! Thank you! :goodvibes We have never seen PUSH, nor have we done the pictures in the cutouts! I think a caricature would be a hoot! Anything where they make my body look smaller (even if it is because my HEAD is ginormous) is good with me! :thumbsup2 Thanks for the ideas!

Sara

My only suggestion for MK would be to just enjoy your time there not running from ride to ride. Take in all the details and breathe deeply :) anything more than that can be icing :goodvibes

My only suggestion for MK would be to just enjoy your time there not running from ride to ride. Take in all the details and breathe deeply :) anything more than that can be icing :goodvibes

Ahhhh.....:love::cloud9::love:

(But I've got to get my faves in!!! I promise I won't run though!!! ;))

Sara

Just a quick update before running down to the beach for Mom's Day with, well...the Moms!! :goodvibes

I placed our Garden Grocer order today!! It actually JUST dawned on me today, that maybe I should think about doing one. :idea: Oops! We have always done one in the past because we are in a big house offsite, and it made sense to have it delivered instead of wasting a couple of vacation hours at the grocery store, but for this trip, I just didn't really think we needed it being at the Poly.

The more I thought about it, the more I thought I should do one. Don't want to pay $4 for a bottle of water, you know? Of course, we will probably have a ton of stuff left over, but oh well..I did it anyway!

I ordered:
Diet Pepsi (cans)
Water (bottled)
Apples
Bananas
Granola bars
Tostitos and con queso dip (for snacking in the room)
Nabs - Peanut butter crackers (taking to the park)
Donuts
Hand Sanitizer (in case I have a major brain malfunction and forget to bring some)
Clorox disinfecting wipes ( a little swine flu prevention never hurt anyone)
6 pack of Corona for Shawn

Woo-hoo! :woohoo: I had it delivered for between 1 and 3 (our flight arrives at 1:15) so hopefully it will be there when we arrive to check in! Yay! :yay:

Now, hopefully I can get some shopping done this weekend, even being out of town. They still have Target and Wal-mart at the beach! :rolleyes:

Have a great Mother's Day everyone!! :flower3:

Sara

(5 more days and counting....)

I know where to go if I get the munchies! ;)

Have a great weekend at the beach Sara and a fabulous Mothers Day! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter