No Carsland at DHS?

I love the fact that DL has things that WDW does not have and WDW has things that DL does not have. I think when they did Soaring at WDW they should have made it over a different area than California. That would have made it a little more relevant to WDW.
Sure DL is a much smaller area but it is what I grew up with. CA is more of a WDW feel because it is not jammed with things except in the boardwalk area by TSM. And I love my DL with its unique rides.:thumbsup2

I don't understand why people think DLR and WDW should be carbon copies of one another. Disneyland is easily reachable. The fact that you CHOOSE not to fly across the country for Cars Land (and Matterhorn, and Toontown, and Nemo subs, and Mr. Toad, and Space Mountain, etc.) is your...well...choice.

Cars Land was never a good logistical fit for WDW. The RSR / Test Track ride system does not play well with the rainy FL weather. Luigi's Flying Tires is OK as a one-off attraction, but it was never going to get replicated even if they did build a second Cars Land. The best WDW could have hoped for was some watered-down version of the land. I'm sure the "suits" had dollar signs in their eyes from all of the merchandising potential, but better to move on to an entirely new concept, IMO.

Fair, it is my choice and I won't be flying out there for carsland. If I had the choice between cars and starwars, I choose starwars. But I'll tak the same theory, if that happens I don't want to see dlr get starwars.

Get rid of the Indian Jones Stunt Show, replace it with a new Indy ride or Star Wars stuff...

That being said, I really hope Cars Land comes to DHS. We saw cars land for the first time at this years D23 expo and it was awesome!

Besides visiting Carsland, DLR is great as an alternative to going to WDW in the heat of summer. While the crowds are there, the humidity is low and the highs are mid 80's and the evenings cool and perfect. No rain either. You just have to watch out for AP blackout dates (the week before it goes into effect and the first few weeks after it lets up).

DLR June, July and August, WDW the rest of the year!

I will be disappointed if Cars Land does not come to Florida. Since I live in Florida part of the year and part of the year in Japan, visiting Florida's cars land could be a yearly thing for my family and I. The California one I may go to ONCE in my life someday, but that will be all. When I go to Cali, I usually dont got for Theme parks but to spend time in San Fran.

It would be DL's dumbest move ever to give WDW any part of CA's carsland. CA attendance is up, partly because of it's addition. Many people have choose to take the trip to Cali that wouldn't have. If they bring it to WDW it is no longer unique to DL. DHS needs original. VillainsLand would fit great. So many possibilities. Appeal to adults and kids, if you keep the fear factor down. Star wars land is a must, but they need to do more than that.

Id be interested in seeing a national Poll asking how many people have been to Disney land and Disney World.

I am betting the overwhelming majority would be NO

The average customer, not us fans on this site

Id be interested in seeing a national Poll asking how many people have been to Disney land and Disney World.

The poll has been established for years...

Wdw is longer average stay drawing from the heaviest populated portions of the US (upper Midwest (rust belt) and eastern seaboard), Western Europe, Canada, and developing Latin America...
Disney land is more of a "regional" clientele that is based on California and shorter stay travel from the plains, northwest, and some long distance travel from Asia...

Kinda always been that way...also
Reflective of the huge difference in size, ease of travel/crowding/access... Etc.

Anyone who had experienced both knows that Orlando international can be like the pearly gates and LAX can be like the seventh layer of hell... In comparison.

Security sucks at OIA though...need to fix that :(

But the fact remains both parks are accessible to most of the US. Sure it's going to be a longer journey to cross the country if you're a CA or FL resident, but the costs aren't even remotely comparable to international travel.

Leaving Cars Land as a DL exclusive means they will always draw SOME additional business from customers wanting to see the uniqueness of that resort. The more homogenized WDW and DL become, the less incentive customers have to make those extra visits.

And really the only benefit to Disney is saving on development costs. As a consumer, that's a pretty crappy justification for constantly replicating attractions at both Resorts.

If WDW is drawn to the appeal of the Cars theme and merchandising potential, by all means add some Cars content to Florida. But make it UNIQUE. Copying their work from the other side of the country smacks of cheapness.

Speaking as someone who has made annual trips from the midwest to Disneyland for 4-5 years now, the lack of innovation at WDW has absolutely cost them some of my money. I rode the Little Mermaid attraction at California Adventure 1.5 years before it opened at WDW. That MK addition was meaningless. And if they can't find any other way to spend $800 million in Florida other than to replicate Cars Land, they'll lose even more of my money.

Give us Star Wars or something else unique at WDW. Give me a reason to spend more time there. Right now, when I want my fill of Space Mountain, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Soarin or dozens of other attractions, I'll choose Disneyland over WDW every time.

Here, here, T...

"Carsland" in Orlando never made any sense... Unless they were building an entirely new park and needed a couple of anchors fast... Which isn't the case.

Just from a technical standpoint and logistically: radiator springs racers does not work in the Florida climate and crowds... Neither does luigis tires....and on and on.

Disney did what it always does...let the public "tease" themselves on silly things like personnel moves...
The person in charge of Carsland is coming to Florida!!!! The bulldozers must be right behind!!! Huh? Am I right?

No...this outfit not three Years ago swapped the amusement park guy for the accountant...like the Olsen twins on an episode of full house.

This never made any sense... And as always "non-denials" were taken as confirmations...which are
Nothing of the sort.

Bus driving

jimmysmom74 said:
It would be DL's dumbest move ever to give WDW any part of CA's carsland. CA attendance is up, partly because of it's addition. Many people have choose to take the trip to Cali that wouldn't have. If they bring it to WDW it is no longer unique to DL. DHS needs original. VillainsLand would fit great. So many possibilities. Appeal to adults and kids, if you keep the fear factor down. Star wars land is a must, but they need to do more than that.

You know... I think i am going to agree with this whole heartily. Each "resort" deserves their unique "thing". I never thought of it like this. Thanks.

The poll has been established for years...

Wdw is longer average stay drawing from the heaviest populated portions of the US (upper Midwest (rust belt) and eastern seaboard), Western Europe, Canada, and developing Latin America...
Disney land is more of a "regional" clientele that is based on California and shorter stay travel from the plains, northwest, and some long distance travel from Asia...

Kinda always been that way...also
Reflective of the huge difference in size, ease of travel/crowding/access... Etc.

Anyone who had experienced both knows that Orlando international can be like the pearly gates and LAX can be like the seventh layer of hell... In comparison.

Security sucks at OIA though...need to fix that :(

Yeah, you totally misread what I was asking, I was asking how many people went to both parks not who went to one or the other.

Personally , I don't see or know anyone that goes to both unless they are some disney otaku .

I just don't see or get the augument either that either resort is taking business away from each other either, and don't think they are competing in anyway , clientele are completely different people. Technical aspects I don't know about and won't pretend to know, all I know is I have been to wdw more times I care to admit and have never seen test track down ( I of course skip the bad weather days though) . I also know that cars land , while cool, won't sway me away from my trips to California's other cities to go to disney land but if WDW's Hollywood studios had cars land then I would not skip that park every year like I do now

But the fact remains both parks are accessible to most of the US. Sure it's going to be a longer journey to cross the country if you're a CA or FL resident, but the costs aren't even remotely comparable to international travel.

Leaving Cars Land as a DL exclusive means they will always draw SOME additional business from customers wanting to see the uniqueness of that resort. The more homogenized WDW and DL become, the less incentive customers have to make those extra visits.

And really the only benefit to Disney is saving on development costs. As a consumer, that's a pretty crappy justification for constantly replicating attractions at both Resorts.

If WDW is drawn to the appeal of the Cars theme and merchandising potential, by all means add some Cars content to Florida. But make it UNIQUE. Copying their work from the other side of the country smacks of cheapness.

Speaking as someone who has made annual trips from the midwest to Disneyland for 4-5 years now, the lack of innovation at WDW has absolutely cost them some of my money. I rode the Little Mermaid attraction at California Adventure 1.5 years before it opened at WDW. That MK addition was meaningless. And if they can't find any other way to spend $800 million in Florida other than to replicate Cars Land, they'll lose even more of my money.

Give us Star Wars or something else unique at WDW. Give me a reason to spend more time there. Right now, when I want my fill of Space Mountain, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Soarin or dozens of other attractions, I'll choose Disneyland over WDW every time.

If you are traveling as far as that , to go to disney resorts, then you are seriously in the minority. Most people are not that into disney or can afford to do so.

As a mom of a 6 y/o boy, I know many midwesterners who chose DL last year for their trips. Mainly because of CarsLand. We did it! Some added DL in and still went to WDW, and some did it instead of WDW. We were pleasantly surprised how much we enjoyed DL, some unique rides, WOC, and CarsLand. If they put CarsLand at WDW, I would probably not return to DL, but I might go back to DL if they leave it unique to Cali. I think they could come up with an original idea for DHS.

I will tell you Cars Land is totally worth the trip! It is amazing. Seriously, DH and I were in tears it was so awesome. The rides are so-so, but the experience of it alone was worth it.

Luckily we are in the middle of the country so it's easier for us to do either WDW or DL, or in the case of this year both haha.

I agree with you. We went to DL/DCA this summer from Toronto and Cars Land is what made the trip. It was amazing!! I would have been disappointed if it was just the rest of the park or DL (which doesn't compare to MK for me).

Personally apart from the few headline rides that you 'expect' which are mainly MK style parks such as the caslte, pirates haunted mansion etc, i think there should be very very little beeld over

I plan to visit Tokyo Disney someday, almost entirely becaus eof their second park Disney Sea, as it has unique rides, atmosphere and is something that can only be done there, equally with DL mainly for cali adenture.

I only visit Paris because i am from the UK, it has very little that is unique to it, a couple of shows that are good but a little tired after a couple of viewings and a "ROLLERCOASTER" that wouldnt be a big attraction if there was anyhting else there, Toy Story Land helped a little but a d or e in there as well would have helped even more, and hopefully ratatouille will help the studios park.

Equally if a Star Wars Land is built it should say in Florida as that will be a draw to go there, if you put it in Cali and Paris and Shanghai etc, where is the drawer for people from there to visit Florida

Equally if a Star Wars Land is built it should say in Florida as that will be a draw to go there, if you put it in Cali and Paris and Shanghai etc, where is the drawer for people from there to visit Florida

For the 5 percent that do/can/will go to both, Less would be the answer, but I am betting that a good percentage of the 5 percent that can/will/do has more reasons already to go than just Disney ( to go so far ) . ( I dont go to Florida, Tokyo or Hong Kong, ( or in the future Shanghai ) JUST FOR DISNEY, its part of the trip, an extra bonus and hardly the sole reason for traveling so far ) .

For the other 95 percent that NEVER travel that far , not a difference at all.

People here are in the minority, we love disney, we want to go to Disney all over the world, we want to do the cruise ect ect. but we are really really a small minority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter