NO BOG Dinner During Trip

Mrsktbrown

Mouseketeer
Today was my ADR day! I let IPO handle everything for me, but there were zero dinner reservations available during our whole trip! MNSSHP will be happening while we're there for 3/5 nights, but I'm frustrated nonetheless. Has anyone else dealt with this lately? I, of course, called Disney dining as well (for my own sanity) and there is nothing for our trip. Could this be a glitch? Could more times open up? Do I have ANY chance of getting a dinner reservation from Sept 30-Oct 5?

BOG is the most popular restaurant in WDW and it's not uncommon for it to be fully booked on the 180 day mark. On-site guests have access to ADRS for up to the first 10-days of the trip on their 180-day, so in theory, by the time the 180-day rolls around for the general public, that days has already been available to on-site guests for up to 10-days. That being said, people's plans do change, so things do open up over time. The best advice is to check frequently (e.g., multiple times per day) for BOG and hope that you get lucky.

I got a 2pm BOG for Oct 2 when I called yesterday. I wasn't trying to get it and the woman on the reservation line suggested it when I was planning dinners and she noticed I didn't have anything for Friday night. So I grabbed it just in case nothing else sounds good before MNSSHP

Yes, it's common and yes times will open up. People will cancel, especially at the 45 day mark when vacations plans are changed and again a week out. Just keep looking. I've been able to get BoG dinner as close as one week before a trip. There are also for some reason occasions when Disney will suddenly release more times. This just happened recently where every day for several months they had added times each day.

I got a 2pm BOG for Oct 2 when I called yesterday. I wasn't trying to get it and the woman on the reservation line suggested it when I was planning dinners and she noticed I didn't have anything for Friday night. So I grabbed it just in case nothing else sounds good before MNSSHP

are you going to the party too?

Today was my ADR day! I let IPO handle everything for me, but there were zero dinner reservations available during our whole trip! MNSSHP will be happening while we're there for 3/5 nights, but I'm frustrated nonetheless. Has anyone else dealt with this lately? I, of course, called Disney dining as well (for my own sanity) and there is nothing for our trip. Could this be a glitch? Could more times open up? Do I have ANY chance of getting a dinner reservation from Sept 30-Oct 5?

when looking did you look at oct 5th first? that date people who booked trips for arriving 5 days before you was able to already book on october5th. The earlier in your trip the more people were able to get it.

There wasn't any availability for us either for our last leg of our trip Sept. 30-Oct 4th. I feel that there will be some cancellations at some point and I will keep checking though. :)

That time will be QS lunch. It is still a great meal, but different than what is offered at dinner.

Yes, definitely keep checking. We always plan fairly last minute trips ( I rarely have anything booked at the 180 day mark) and I've ALWAYS been able to eventually snag a BOG dinner reservation.

My ADR window opened on Monday. I was able to get BOG for Oct 3 but nothing earlier in the trip. Originally I was hoping for Oct 1, but it's a party night and was already booked solid. On previous trips I have been able to get hard to get places like Le Cellier and CG much closer to my trip, so I think this will be the same. Plus it seems that some people may be booking in hopes for free dining to be release, so that may change peoples plans. Good luck!

BOG dinners were completely taken for the week of our trip, too. Even at 180 + 5. I really think that September FD has created an ADR nightmare. I bet there will be a lot of cancellations after FD dates are announced and people start firming up their plans.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not, but it seems Disney has been holding back BOG ressies. Last week a whole bunch opened for April, May, June. Perhaps we'll see the same for the September/October dates. Don't lose hope. There are a ton of good places to eat in the World, either way.

Keep trying for the dates and times that you want.
I've gotten every dinner reservation, including BOG, that we wanted for the last two trips by checking online many times a day right up to our check in day.
People are always canceling reservations for one reason or another and persistence pays off if you really want to get the right day/times...

You guys, thank you for all the encouraging answers! We are planning to do MNSSHP also, but I'm willing to rework plans if we can just get a dinner at BOG. I plan to keep trying, but I also totally agree that we'll find something special for dinner either way. I'm sorry to those of you who couldn't get a reservation as well! I'm hopeful we'll all be able to get exactly what we want!

I don't know if you've looked into it, but you could try something like Disney Dining Buddy which will monitor the site for you and e-mail/text you when reservations open up. (They will charge you $8 to do it which is a little annoying, though.) I used it to get a BOG breakfast reservation at 8am rather than 9:25am and to snag a BOG dinner at 4:30. You can have it keep looking even after you've booked something to see if it can find a better time too. If you don't have the time to hunt on your own and don't mind the $8, I think it works well.

I think a lot of the problem in the fall is that there are parties occurring on so many nights - this causes MK to close early, and fewer supper reservations even available...during NOJ WEEKEMD BOG is not even available for dinner, at all, as best I can tell...and I'm guessing on MNSSHP there are either 1/2 the reservations available since park is closing at 7 or perhaps even NO SUPPER SERVICE???

I would make sure IPO knows you want them to continue looking. If anyone can get this ADR,it is them! I also want to reassure you that if you can get an ADR for lunch, that is nice as well. My family thought dinner was overrated, but that lunch was really good. I don't know if it works into your plans, but it is something to think about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter