• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No ADRs, should I even book a trip??

I would definitely book a trip and try some new places! I am doing exactly that this trip and the closer my date comes, the more excited I am getting. Ive put out of my mind that I lost my BOG ressie after changing my dates due to free dining. I havent thought about an Ohana dinner until just now typing it! Crystal Palace breakfast at 9:45am..Yeah! I get to finally sleep a little. Ive never done that before!! I cant wait for the boat ride back to MK after a Trails End dinner, which has received nothing but positive reviews! Sooo looking forward to Artist Point that Cali Grill has vanished from my brain! Im trying SCi-Fi instead of 50's Prime Time, Yachtsman Steakhouse for the very first time! 1900 Park Fare instead of Chef Mickeys...the list goes on and on. It will be like a new destination vacation....but Ill still feel like Im at home :)

I booked last August for late September. I think it was like 37 days out-- we ate at BOG, Ohana, CP 8:05 am, Beaches &Cream-- lots of fun places! I used the cancellations thread quite a bit, but I was able to get tons of good ressies. Go and have fun!

I don't want everyone to think I won't go if I just can't get in one or two restaurants. I was more asking if it is any indication of how hard it is going to be to find something. I don't have any one restaurant that I have to eat at, but I would rather have the best experience I can, and if that means waiting a few months, I would be willing to do that. My brother went during this past Spring Break and got lots of great restaurants only a month out, but I was worried that the free dining may have a big impact on how many people eat TS. Thanks for all the input. I booked today so we will see how it goes!
FD does impact how many people eat at TS restaurants. People who normally wouldn't, do, and people who wouldn't stay onsite, do. BUT, ADR's will still be dropped between now and then if you keep looking. I know it's a pain, but it can be worth it ::yes:: And I agree with all the pp's who suggested trying new restaurants, that's part of the fun (for us) of Disney! We've eaten at some places we weren't too sure of, not b/c we couldn't get in where we knew we'd like, but b/c we sometimes like to go out of our comfort zone. We're always pleasantly surprised!

There is also a dining search function on another website that I cannot give on here, but google dvc dining search. You can choose your time periods and it will search all restaurants in a specific park. You can also choose multiple days.

Thanks everyone and thanks for the suggestion Dbramer. Thanks to another DISer, I was able to book some ADRs, but there are some days that still show nothing available at any TS restaurant. I'm just going to keep trying since I know some things will open up.

Thanks everyone and thanks for the suggestion Dbramer. Thanks to another DISer, I was able to book some ADRs, but there are some days that still show nothing available at any TS restaurant. I'm just going to keep trying since I know some things will open up.

Really????? I can't imagine that there's a single day with absolutely nothing available! I have to ask what day!!!!

If you have to ask then I'd say book for later. You need to be strong willed to weather this horrible debacle.

Seriously, do a search here and you'll find that RESERVATIONS OPEN ALL THE TIME. Rant over.

Yes, I'm looking for a day in September, and there are reservations for everything open.

I also think Disney is holding back reservations for whatever reason and being are having more issues with Nov than normal. I also find it hard to believe there is a day with nothing available. I often search for our days in Oct just to see what comes up and there is always something somewhere.

Thank you to those who have posted helpful responses! I guess I should have been more specific and said there are days that I searched for just breakfast or just dinner at MK and nothing was available that was a suitable time for small children. I didn't realize some would take it so literal. We cannot eat dinner at 8:30 at night. I understand some people feel that a bad day at Disney is better than a good day elsewhere, but when I'm spending several thousand dollars on a trip, I want to make it as special as possible. I have young kids who enjoy character dining, so it is a priority for us when booking. I was simply asking I could expect a lot of ADRs to open up closer to time.

Thanks for posting this - I was slightly panicked last night when I was searching.

If you're limiting yourself to only MK, only character, only on certain days, only at specific times, it's going to be very hit or miss.

Have you looked at resorts? Have you looked at other parks? Have you considered non-character meals that are still fun (Rainforest, T-Rex, 50's Prime Time, Sci-Fi, etc.)? Have you considered lunch instead, or a very late breakfast?

Things may open up that you want---but key to enjoying dining at Disney without booking at 180 days is flexibility!

I don't want to say not going over ADR's is silly, but not going over ADR's is silly!! I've been to Disney lots of times without making ADR's. You can still find places to eat without them and it's possible (even likely) that some will open up between now and when you go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter