No ADRs, should I even book a trip??

ragel1023

Earning My Ears
We are looking at a last minute September or October trip, but before booking, I searched for some ADRs. I looked for 5 or 6 restaurants for every day we are there and none of them were available. At this point, should I even bother booking a trip? I don't want to go if we can't get any TS restaurants. I've never booked after the 180 days. We just went last September so part of me would rather hold out until I am able to get what I want, but I don't know when we could go in the Spring plus the cost would be more without free dining. What are your thoughts? I know a few things might come available, but I'm just not sure I'll be able to find something for every day we are there.

I would search all the restaurants at the same time and see if there's anything left that's appealing to you. If your favorites aren't available this is a good opportunity to try something new. :)

Oh my gosh -- I would absolutely book the trip! From everything I've read, September is the best time to go. Food & Wine fest will be going on at Epcot and people cancel their ADRs all the time. Subscribe to the cancellation boards! Good luck!

I agree with the PPs!

September is a lovely time to go. Get your room, read up on some of the restaurants you haven't looked into before, and see if anything appeals to you. And if it ends up not working out, you can get a refund before 45 days out! Totally go for it!

Go for it!!! For our trip last June, i booked the trip in March, and the trip was in June. I ended up getting CRT, BOG, CP, TH, Ohana, CHef Mickeys, and Akershus at least a month before. Good Luck!

Ok, maybe I will just book and see what I can get. I just can't imagine cancelling a trip! I am open to trying other places, but I was discouraged when the few I searched for weren't available for any day we are there. I just want to make it worthwhile. Thanks for the advice!

We went last September and he no problem finding last minute reservations. We were flexible and booked what we could about 150+, but ended up with some awesome last minute changes (like Akershus <24 hrs out).

I say go!

I booked last week for September and am having problems also finding some that I want. I just continue the search but am going ahead and booking others just in case I never get the ones I want. I think it will still be fun!

I would still go. What restaurants are you looking? How many people?

Yes book the trip! Keep trying with the ADR's every day, several times a day if possible. Things DO open up. I've been able to book most of my ADR's for August just this week and last.

I booked a last minute trip once even over Memorial Weekend and nothing was really open we wanted to try, then about 2 weeks out I got everything I really wanted.

book it!!

There are so many great dining options I can't imagine why you would consider not going because of 5 or 6 that don't seem to be available. Part of the fun for us is trying new restaurants. I don't think we've back to the same TS restaurant twice because there are so many others to try.

Book your trip. You will find plenty as you get closer to the trip. Folks tend to book more than they really need and then release them as they finetune their plans.

I have only planned last minute trips the past few years and ended up with everything we wanted, but we were flexible in our times. This trip is the first time I have ever booked the minute our window opened, and I still had trouble getting one or two things. However, I did just score a BOG for a MNSSHP night that I couldn't get at first. I would book your trip and work the restaurants out later.

Are you sure there was nothing available? We booked for this July and got every adr we wanted and were only 75 days out. We did have to try for BOG but that was the only one.

Thanks for posting this question. I'm so torn, too! Southwest plane tickets being on sale this week was impossible to say no to & we booked tickets to Orlando in November. Having second thoughts for the same reason as you. The food & wine festival is going on during that time, so that gives me a glimmer of hope. Everyone's replies have been helpful. Thanks!

I don't want everyone to think I won't go if I just can't get in one or two restaurants. I was more asking if it is any indication of how hard it is going to be to find something. I don't have any one restaurant that I have to eat at, but I would rather have the best experience I can, and if that means waiting a few months, I would be willing to do that. My brother went during this past Spring Break and got lots of great restaurants only a month out, but I was worried that the free dining may have a big impact on how many people eat TS. Thanks for all the input. I booked today so we will see how it goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter