• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nine weeks later...we just need a REDO! A January 2013 PTR

I don't know why my replies aren't taking. Just tries again. I have your number though. Will try to send mine when I have better access.

OK quick update from the road. Stopped at a great restaurant in SC for a relaxing country meal. It was recommended in the Drive I95 book if anyone's familiar with it. Delicious!

We are about 15 minutes from the FLORIDA border! Kids are doing well. Been limiting electronics and playing some games and it has worked out well.

Failed to mention I am clearly fighting off a cold. It is threatening me and I started popping Zycam every few hours. Never tried it but am desperate to nor get sick this trip. Ugh!

Booked our hotel earlier from the road...any guesses what I picked? HINT: it is a Disney Resort

Can't wait to get there...not long now!

OK quick update from the road. Stopped at a great restaurant in SC for a relaxing country meal. It was recommended in the Drive I95 book if anyone's familiar with it. Delicious!

We are about 15 minutes from the FLORIDA border! Kids are doing well. Been limiting electronics and playing some games and it has worked out well.

Failed to mention I am clearly fighting off a cold. It is threatening me and I started popping Zycam every few hours. Never tried it but am desperate to nor get sick this trip. Ugh!

Booked our hotel earlier from the road...any guesses what I picked? HINT: it is a Disney Resort

Can't wait to get there...not long now!
I think you are at AoA for the night. I'd like to check that place out. I wonder how their family suites stack up to DVC villas. Glad you all got to FL without incident. I hope you don't get sick...I've been worrying about that too with one of my DDs. You are missing out on some nice arctic weather up here...:rotfl2:. Have fun at Disney! We hope to be there soon.

Oh no!!! I missed your send off! It came very quickly!!!

I hope you enjoyed your first night in the "mysterious" resort - can't wait to hear where you booked...

And I am super excited to hear more about what you are doing - and if you end up using any of your ADRs that you weren't going to book. LOL

D~

I am loving all these on-the-road updates! :thumbsup2

Glad you got out of the snow traffic safely. Pretty scary!

DS12 was being a total jerk about not knowing our plans. He just gets nasty. I just need to learn not to surprise him any more!

I don't like surprises. They make me feel all off kilter and prickly, plus if it's getting to do something I like, I didn't get that anticipation time, which IMHO is half the fun. So then I'm not only uncomfortable, I'm full of resentment. :rolleyes2 Sounds like your DS may be like me. :upsidedow

OK quick update. We had a full day at MK with beautiful weather. We are thinking we need a trip to WalMart tonight to buy some shorts. We brought none! So we checked into two connecting rooms at POP CENTURY last night around 11pm. It was just a place to sleep and we were so tired. Oldest son shared a room with his grandparents. I finally fell asleep around midnight and slept well.

Up around 6:30am and we headed to Golden Corral for breakfast. Picked up scooter and checked into SSR and our room was READY at 9:15am. Headed there to drop off luggage, then back to Pop to check out then off to MK.

We were hungry again and went into MK and went right to BOG. Line was over bridge but moved quickly. Will detail it all later.

Full day at MK and lots done in perfect weather as it is snowing at home. Just left MK and are heading to dinner now. Then back to room and maybe pool time for the kids.

lovin'fl said:
I think you are at AoA for the night. I'd like to check that place out. I wonder how their family suites stack up to DVC villas. Glad you all got to FL without incident. I hope you don't get sick...I've been worrying about that too with one of my DDs. You are missing out on some nice arctic weather up here...:rotfl2:. Have fun at Disney! We hope to be there soon.

I just updated so you can get the answer to that above. Great weather here. Hope you had/have a safe trip and hope you packed shorts!

DMGeurts said:
Oh no!!! I missed your send off! It came very quickly!!!

I hope you enjoyed your first night in the "mysterious" resort - can't wait to hear where you booked...

And I am super excited to hear more about what you are doing - and if you end up using any of your ADRs that you weren't going to book. LOL

D~
Sorry you missed it too. So far so good though. Will try to do a few more live updates and as for the ADRs I will let you know!

shalom said:
I am loving all these on-the-road updates! :thumbsup2

Glad you got out of the snow traffic safely. Pretty scary!

I don't like surprises. They make me feel all off kilter and prickly, plus if it's getting to do something I like, I didn't get that anticipation time, which IMHO is half the fun. So then I'm not only uncomfortable, I'm full of resentment. :rolleyes2 Sounds like your DS may be like me. :upsidedow
Glad you are enjoying them. Will TRY to keep them up! So hard since it kills my phone.

Completely understand about the surprises really.

Thanks for the update! Glad you had a good and safe trip down.

Awesome that you were able to eat at BoG... I am a bit nervous about it, and hope things die down before we get there in Aug?

Looking forward to checking out the rest of the FLE though.

Get some rest tonight! :)

D~

How great that your SSR room was READY that early in the morning! :cool1:

And YAY on the perfect weather! SSR has some great pools. :beach: Although if you didn't bring shorts, now I'm wondering if you have swim suits! It's a short trip, and you're more commando than I am, so I suppose not. Nice weather still a good thing, though.

DMGeurts said:
Thanks for the update! Glad you had a good and safe trip down.

Awesome that you were able to eat at BoG... I am a bit nervous about it, and hope things die down before we get there in Aug?

Looking forward to checking out the rest of the FLE though.

Get some rest tonight! :)

D~
Yes BOG was going to yet another surprise but my oldest saw tv in the room this morning and Stacey (is that her name) was showing it so he really wanted to go there. Glad we checked it out. Not planning a return visit but maybe a visit to Gastons since we haven't been there yet.

As you requested I am getting that rest! :). In my bed on my Nook posting and browsing now at 9pm!

shalom said:
How great that your SSR room was READY that early in the morning! :cool1:

And YAY on the perfect weather! SSR has some great pools. :beach: Although if you didn't bring shorts, now I'm wondering if you have swim suits! It's a short trip, and you're more commando than I am, so I suppose not. Nice weather still a good thing, though.

Yes it is strange but true...figured we might have one swimming day and kids will swim whenever but figured too cold in morning for shorts. Now I think it will be OK.

OK quick update. We had a full day at MK with beautiful weather. We are thinking we need a trip to WalMart tonight to buy some shorts. We brought none! So we checked into two connecting rooms at POP CENTURY last night around 11pm. It was just a place to sleep and we were so tired. Oldest son shared a room with his grandparents. I finally fell asleep around midnight and slept well.

Up around 6:30am and we headed to Golden Corral for breakfast. Picked up scooter and checked into SSR and our room was READY at 9:15am. Headed there to drop off luggage, then back to Pop to check out then off to MK.

We were hungry again and went into MK and went right to BOG. Line was over bridge but moved quickly. Will detail it all later.

Full day at MK and lots done in perfect weather as it is snowing at home. Just left MK and are heading to dinner now. Then back to room and maybe pool time for the kids.

Sounds like you had as nice a first day as we did! I didn't have any plans for today since it was an "extra" day. I didn't care if we hit a park or not so in the end we didn't.
We are here at POFQ for just one night and when we got here this morning around 11 our room was ready too. The weather was soooo nice and DS asked if we could hang out by the pool so he could swim, so we did! It was relaxing and lovely.
We hopped on the boat to DTD and had dinner at WPE. It was yummy.
Like you, we are now laying on the bed(s) ready to call it a night.
Great start to our trip(s)!!

OK one more update for today. Dinner at Turf Club was good. It was clear once we were eating that we were done. Thought youngest DS might fall asleep at the table. Weather was a bit cooler so we weren't thinking the pool. Honestly I couldn't fathom Walmart either. So we went to the small shop at SSR and got breakfast stuff for kids. Might do shopping tomorrow. However since we really want to aim for a RD at HS tomorrow we figured sleep tonight would be good. I think my 10 hour total sleep in two days has caught up to me! So we came back to room and unpacked some stuff (kid will live out of suitcases) and kids were in bed by 8:30pm. I took a nice shower and plan to sleep soon.

Tomorrow's plan: Up around 6:30am, breakfast in room, out between 7:15am and 7:30am to get to HS close to rope drop. Hit the headliners and out around lunchtime. Made youngest promise to ride TOT so we could get a family photo on it since I bought the Ride Photopass today and he refused to ride last trip. We may utilize our lunch ADR at HS or we may leave and have lunch at room and kids to pool for bit, then shopping for shorts, then EPCOT evening. Think kids want to do headliner rides at AK which is a park NOT planned. Will see if we squeeze it in...somewhere.

Off to check email and then enjoy this nice comfy bed!

tallen429 said:
Sounds like you had as nice a first day as we did! I didn't have any plans for today since it was an "extra" day. I didn't care if we hit a park or not so in the end we didn't.
We are here at POFQ for just one night and when we got here this morning around 11 our room was ready too. The weather was soooo nice and DS asked if we could hang out by the pool so he could swim, so we did! It was relaxing and lovely.
We hopped on the boat to DTD and had dinner at WPE. It was yummy.
Like you, we are now laying on the bed(s) ready to call it a night.
Great start to our trip(s)!!

Awesome! Glad you had a nice day too. This weather is just incredible. Love It!

Enjoying all your updates.
As for the weather. The same thing happened to us in 2008, we only brought capris and jeans and had to make a trip to Walmart for shorts, we were roasting. lol.
Enjoy that lovely weather, it's FREEZING up here...

SOunds like a crazy day planned for today... You should just be getting up about now!

Have fun! And I am very interested to hear how you like Photopass +... I am thinking of getting it for our next trip.

D~

DMGeurts said:
SOunds like a crazy day planned for today... You should just be getting up about now!

Have fun! And I am very interested to hear how you like Photopass +... I am thinking of getting it for our next trip.

D~

We have had a great day so far. And to clarify this time we got the Photopass Ride + option. We did Photopass Plus on our November trip though.

Greetings from Imagination! Its been a great day so far and just BEAUTIFUL weather. We made rope drop for HS as planned and were there until about 2pm. We are at EPCOT now for as long as our feet can hold us. FP return for Test Track was 7:45pm so we are waiting for that. However it conflicts with our 7:15pm Rose& Crown ADR so looking into changing it. We will see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter