So just a few weeks ago we returned from our long awaited PARK-CRUISE-PARK trip during Thanksgiving week. I'm still working on the trip report and really, really hope I can get it done soon! Of course, since returning I have been suffering from the dreaded Disney Blues. I didn't have a future trip planned and wasn't sure when I'd get around to planning one. And that's when it became dangerous... I started plotting the return trip. My reasons? Well I had a few but the main one was that we all have ANNUAL PASSES and one of them expires in March. It would be a shame not to get more value out of those...right? I looked up some room rates. This would be a marathon weekend trip...and by that I don't mean during the ACTUAL marathon but more the fact that we'd be driving down on a Friday (14+ hour drive) and then driving home on a Tuesday, so a very quick trip. And right after the holidays it would have to be cheap too. I debated a stay at Shades of Green...but then determined I couldn't book that right now because their cancellation policy is pretty harsh. Within 30 days and you lose the full 1-night room deposit. I can't chance that because with our family, ANYTHING can happen. Then I looked up AP rates and got some pretty good ones for various rooms. I needed to book by end of December to lock in on those rates and so over the weekend I booked my room. Today...things have changed AGAIN! DH and I started talking about our DVC points. We had some to use so why not? Our favorite resorts were all booked...but that's okay since we know we would be happy with ANY DVC resort...especially since it would be free. We've stayed in all of the ones on Disney property now. And so today I booked us in a DVC Resort...and I am on a Waitlist for TWO other resorts. If they don't come through...it's okay though. We'd be fine with any of them. Oh and it was going to be just the five of us...but I mentioned in front of my father-in-law that we were talking about going back and since he is about to RETIRE in about two weeks...he was ready to join us. We are not ones to say no as my 70 year old father-in-law loves Disney too. So he and MIL will be joining us. They don't know yet about the resort change. We'll tell them about it eventually and right now...we'll probably be mean again and not tell them WHICH resort because honestly it could be one of three! There are about six weeks left until we leave AGAIN! I'm hoping around that 30-day window there may be some cancellations and one of my waitlists will open up but if not...no problem. After all, we are going BACK to DISNEY!