• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nightmares

CTFamilyCruisers

Mouseketeer
I think I am starting to obsess about this cruise a little too much. First, it was sporadic dreams... pleasant ones... beaches and drinks with umbrellas... kids laughing with characters... you know what I mean. Then, the dreams started turning for the worse - missed flights, lost luggage.. MY INLAWS SHOWING UP UNINVITED!!!! :rotfl:

But the last few nights, I keep having these dreams that I haven't finished shopping or packing, and we have less than an hour to catch our flight. Off we go, throw some laundry in the suitcases, no formalwear, no film, no suntan lotion, and oh, the horror... no over the door shoe holder! :rotfl2:

So, clearly I need this vacation in a big way - the stress is almost too much. Or maybe, I just need therapy!

Well, we surely won't be needing those shorts, t-shirts and swimsuits around here with all this new snow :worship: so why don't you get started on packing those suitcases!! Maybe the stress of packing etc is giving you those nightmares! Pack I say, pack!! :earboy2:

I can relate to these nightmares really well! I alwayas started to get them a few months out. I tried to make several lists, and just keep checking off the things done, and so on.

Sorry to say, the nightmares only stopped once I got onboard :rolleyes:

I wish I could start suffering from them now, with all this snow falling. :smooth:

Enjoy your cruise!

Don't feel bad, I have been having them for a few weeks now. We leave on March 13th and everytime I go to get things done for our trip, we get more snow.

My worst fear is our flight being cancelled or delayed because of snow.

:cold:

:scared1:

I had one dream one night a few weeks before our trip that seemed way too real! We had boarded, done the whole deck party thing, then decided to take a nap. But we slept through all the ports of call! Missed EVERYTHING! When I realized in my dream that we slept through the ports, I was freaking out because we had spent so much money and we missed it all!!

When I woke up from that dream, it took me a few minutes to convince myself it was a dream! Needless to say, we didn't sleep through the ports of call....ran into a hurricane, but no long naps!

I kept having the same one just before our honeymoon cruise. Very simple, we overslept and missed our plane. I truely hate being late anywhere, so I was determined not to be late to the airport. We ended up getting the three hours before our flight. I then spent the next two hours drinking gallons of coffee! We made it and it was great! I think if you have a nightmare about the cruise it ends up being a great cruise. :earboy2:

I hope your right about it being a great cruise if you have nightmares!!!

We are going in April with a large group - 60 people. So far, only 3 of the women (1 being me) have started with the nightmares. Between the three of us we have gone from not having the proper documents to get on the ship to being shanghai'd to the South Pacific. And let's not forget the one about falling off the ship!

oh my word, a few friend from our large group of to be cruisers, went to dinner last night, and compared nightmares. On of them was we all boarded, and someone removed all the Disney decor and took a different route than planned. My DD dreamt we were at the parks and they announced that our large group missed the ship. I had a dream that myself my DD and two friends fell off the ship!! I'm glad I'm not the only lunatic having crazy dreams!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I don't worry about is losing luggage. I would love to have to shop for everything all new!!!!

My dream was that we made the cruise, but I was just lost on the ship. I kept thinking "I need to go register the kids in the club" "I need to make PS at Palo", etc and all I could do was run back and forth, feeling helpless and lost

Lori P. :)

Over the last few months I have had two nightmares about our Disney Cruise! They were both really "out there", but they were BOTH about not making it to the port in time! :confused3 I mean, the last nightmare I woke up and my heart was beating so fast and I was really freaked out! LOL Maybe I'm obsessing about having had to put our cruise off a year last year, and hoping that nothing happens to stop us going this time?? All I know is that we will be at disney TWO days before our cruise, and will leave VERY early in the AM to get to the port! There is NO way I"m gonna be late for our cruise!!!

I just remembered another one. We were on the ship and we were tired from all the activity of getting checked in, so we took a nap. Only we slept through the entire cruise. Again, sleeping fear. Maybe that's why I hardly slept on the cruise! :earboy2:

OMG!! :scared1:
I had my first one just last night! (it's weird how we on this board not only think alike...maybe our minds are melding..Did any of you ever live with a group of girls, say roommates, sorority...that kinda thing and all your "cycles" matched up!!??!!)
Mine was about booking flights...we haven't done so yet (3+months off) because we don't know how long we are going to be able to stay after the cruise to visit DL, DCA, and other parks (CALIF.). It was the night before the cruise and we had to rush to the airport to see if we could get flights, then check the RCI and Interval (timeshare trading) websites from the cruise to see if we finally got a week or have to go home...
Sure hope this resolves soon, I don't like waking up in a panic!!

CTFamilyCruisers said:
I think I am starting to obsess about this cruise a little too much. First, it was sporadic dreams... pleasant ones... beaches and drinks with umbrellas... kids laughing with characters... you know what I mean. Then, the dreams started turning for the worse - missed flights, lost luggage.. MY INLAWS SHOWING UP UNINVITED!!!! :rotfl:

But the last few nights, I keep having these dreams that I haven't finished shopping or packing, and we have less than an hour to catch our flight. Off we go, throw some laundry in the suitcases, no formalwear, no film, no suntan lotion, and oh, the horror... no over the door shoe holder! :rotfl2:

So, clearly I need this vacation in a big way - the stress is almost too much. Or maybe, I just need therapy!
:banana:
well i dont have to worry about my inlaws showing up uninvited. they are invited. i hope we have fun anyway!!!
just joking!!
:rolleyes1

My dreams started after the cruise. I would wake up in the middle of the night and ask my husband why our cabin door (aka door to our bedroom) was open? I was disoriented for at least a week.

Stinasmom said:
OMG!! :scared1:
I had my first one just last night! (it's weird how we on this board not only think alike...maybe our minds are melding..Did any of you ever live with a group of girls, say roommates, sorority...that kinda thing and all your "cycles" matched up!!??!!)
Mine was about booking flights...we haven't done so yet (3+months off) because we don't know how long we are going to be able to stay after the cruise to visit DL, DCA, and other parks (CALIF.). It was the night before the cruise and we had to rush to the airport to see if we could get flights, then check the RCI and Interval (timeshare trading) websites from the cruise to see if we finally got a week or have to go home...
Sure hope this resolves soon, I don't like waking up in a panic!!

Gosh I hope no one gets upset about my responding to this question .... but yes .... my daughters and I inevitably are on a similar time frame. Even with them away at college. Even if someone is sick. Almost without exception.

I'm happy to report - no dreams last night! I went to the store and picked up film, suntan lotion and some other things on sale and pulled out one of my suitcases to start storing things in. Plus, I bought some new outfits for the cruise!!! Retail therapy always helps my stress!!!! :cloud9: Whatever it was, it worked! No new dreams to report. Be sure to check back here often, though. I am sure mine will come back and apparently I am not the only lunatic on this board! :rotfl:

As I see it, it's the "complusive planner" in the family who ends up having these dreams, myself included. My husband, who has NOTHING to do with coordinating these Disney trips what-so-ever (he gets to come along for the ride!), would never have such things to worry about! He couldn't relate! And more power to him....I wish I could be him sometimes. But I swear, half the fun is the planning, anticipation, DIS BOARDS, and the twisted dreams! Are we all nuts? :confused3 :hourglass

I started with the dreams about a month ago (and we still have 7 months to go). Mine usually revolve around forgetting my seasick meds and the seas are EXTREMELY rough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter