Night of Joy and resorts... what should I expect?

Irishhockey

Teach me the rules and I'll show you how to break
I arrive for our vacation on September 8th, smack in the middle of Night of Joy concerts.

At first I didn't give it any thought... but then read a post on one of the other boards here that got me concerned. Turns out I totally forgot about local youth groups.

Does anyone know what these groups do? Do they come for the weekend and stay friday and saturday night at a disney resort? That made the most logical sense to me.

The kicker is... I'm at an All Star resort, and am aware that groups are common there. Theres still plenty availability at my resort so not too worried.

Anybody have experience with this? Just curious as to what I can expect or be aware of. Thanks!

We were there last year. We arrived on Tuesday and came home monday I think. And night of joy was friday and saturday I think. We honestly didnt notice much difference. We stayed at All Star Movies. honestly I wouldnt worry to much we went 9-6 to 9-12 and the crows were so low it did not make a difference. Have fun!!! :banana:

When I went for the night of joy last year I didn't notice a difference in crowd levels at the parks(even the MK) over the weekend. I was staying at OKW and we switched over to the CR, and didn't notice any difference there. When I looked over at the All-Stars bus stop it didn't look any more crowded than usual. I wouldn't personally worry about it, just be aware that the MK closes pretty early those two nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter