News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Sounds great. Keep any news you hear coming. Once the New Nighttime Spectacular comes do you think Memories will be phased out? I'm thinking the relevance there would be destroyed by this new mega show.

What is memories? Is that part of the dialogue of Wishes? I'm not familiar with whatever spectacular they had before Wishes. I just know while a new show would be great, I would greatly miss a lot of the dialogue that pulls at my heart strings.

What is memories? Is that part of the dialogue of Wishes? I'm not familiar with whatever spectacular they had before Wishes. I just know while a new show would be great, I would greatly miss a lot of the dialogue that pulls at my heart strings.
The projection show prior to wishes. It's had different names like celebrate the magic, magic, memories and you, and other things.

The Magic, Memories, and You! show is a short projection feature that takes place before Wishes each night. It pulls scenes from several different Disney Movies to tell one cohesive story. If you're at all familiar with the method of story telling that takes place at World of Color, it's similar. This technology has been implemented at Tokyo Disneyland, Parc Disneyland, and is coming to Disneyland in the Disneyland Forever Show. (it had been featured at Small World, but on a small scale)

While MK has had this tech in place, it's never been incorporated into the larger firework show (like Wishes). That's about to change. That's why I was curious if it would be discontinued. Seems it will be as @rteetz shared.

Here's a video:

Very Steve Davison.

Last edited:

While MK has had this tech in place, it's never been incorporated into the larger firework show (like Wishes). That's about to change.

At first, I thought it was being said that it was going away completely. I have no attachment to any particular version of Memories but I think the technology is amazing. I enjoy it much more than the fireworks. As long as some form of the castle projection show is kept, I'll be happy.

International trailer for Tomorrowland just debuted, with some much better plot details fleshed out ... Anymore questions about the connection to Walt and the theme parks? :thumbsup2

Last edited:
International trailer for Tomorrowland just debuted, with some much better plot details fleshed out ... Anymore questions about the connection to Walt and the theme parks? :thumbsup2

The more and more I see of this movie the more excited I get. This has the potential to be an amazing movie. Can't wait to see it!

Not sure if the theme park connection is corny or cool, but hey, this is Brad Bird we're talking about, so I'm actually quite positive about this movie.

The more and more I see of this movie the more excited I get. This has the potential to be an amazing movie. Can't wait to see it!

Not sure if the theme park connection is corny or cool, but hey, this is Brad Bird we're talking about, so I'm actually quite positive about this movie.

I've been a fan since Iron Giant, so I'm firmly in the 'Brad Bird can do no wrong' camp. My question would be more of how will the US Box Office respond to this film. Disney has been pretty cryptic with it's promotion of Tomorrowland so far. We may end up with a well reviewed gem of a movie, but it may do horrible at the box office as folks just won't know what the heck it's about and assume it's just a theme park tie in cash grab? Will we have the next 'Guardians of the Galaxy', or the next 'John Carter' .... (wasn't a big fan of John Carter though BTW)

I've been a fan since Iron Giant, so I'm firmly in the 'Brad Bird can do no wrong' camp. My question would be more of how will the US Box Office respond to this film. Disney has been pretty cryptic with it's promotion of Tomorrowland so far. We may end up with a well reviewed gem of a movie, but it may do horrible at the box office as folks just won't know what the heck it's about and assume it's just a theme park tie in cash grab? Will we have the next 'Guardians of the Galaxy', or the next 'John Carter' .... (wasn't a big fan of John Carter though BTW)

I personally hope the theme park tie in is an even bigger part of the movie than hinted in the international trailer. But seeing Small World at the World's Fair was amazing. I'd really like Walt's vision to be at least a secondary plot to the movie.

I personally hope the theme park tie in is an even bigger part of the movie than hinted in the international trailer. But seeing Small World at the World's Fair was amazing. I'd really like Walt's vision to be at least a secondary plot to the movie.

As soon as I heard they shot on location at Small World in DL and the Carousel of Progress in WDW, I was hooked.

Yeah, no wonder they are re-making all their animated classics into live-action. Their original films have had a really poor reception in recent years aside from Pirates and a couple others. Prince Caspian, Prince of Persia, Sorcerer's Apprentice, John Carter, Lone Ranger... Yeah, let's hope Tomorrowland performs better than those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter