• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2016

One last round of "news" pictures from our trip. These are shots of the new WL Cabins from the water side. We had a bit of a Bay Lake / 7 Seas Lagoon Tour. The person giving us the tour worked for DVC. He could only give me so much information - but I'll share what I can with you.

These first two shots are of the Cabins nearest in the direction of Fort Wilderness:. A few of them are actually pretty well along:

This is a new larger building that is being put up. It used to be the location of the Wilderness Lodge Marina. I hypothesized that it would be a restaurant, and my friend agreed that it looks like that to him as well.

The other thing to point out (and I believe this is common knowledge) is that the wing of the WL that is in the foreground. (The South wing?) is also being converted to DVC. He said interior construction on that wing is well underway.

There appears to be 28 cabins being built. 14 on the Fort Wilderness side, and another 14 on the MK side. The ones on the MK side were not as far along - but all but two of them had some framing up.

We were told that the closest 4-6 cabins to MK will be considered "Premium" cabins as they will have a view of the MK fireworks. As we drove by them in the boat, you could just see that the castle would be in view over the trees, so while they may be able to see the fireworks, they likely won't see the actual park.

I tried to get an answer out of him about when they were expecting the DVC property to open up. He couldn't give me an exact date but did concede to "sometime in 2017".

We also got a tour of one of the Poly bungalows - which I won't share those pictures here as they have been available for some time now, though anyone that would like to see more can join in on my current trip report which will be starting up very soon (Link in my signature). However, we were told that the Poly bungalows are having no problem being rented out, and in fact the "model" bungalow that we toured is going to be given back to DVR to use for occupancy in the next few weeks - so soon it will no longer be available for tours. I had questioned whether the price point would be an issue - but as usual I underestimated the amount of available money that Americans have so spend on $1000-2000 a night bungalows.

One last round of "news" pictures from our trip. These are shots of the new WL Cabins from the water side. We had a bit of a Bay Lake / 7 Seas Lagoon Tour. The person giving us the tour worked for DVC. He could only give me so much information - but I'll share what I can with you.

These first two shots are of the Cabins nearest in the direction of Fort Wilderness:. A few of them are actually pretty well along:

This is a new larger building that is being put up. It used to be the location of the Wilderness Lodge Marina. I hypothesized that it would be a restaurant, and my friend agreed that it looks like that to him as well.

The other thing to point out (and I believe this is common knowledge) is that the wing of the WL that is in the foreground. (The South wing?) is also being converted to DVC. He said interior construction on that wing is well underway.

There appears to be 28 cabins being built. 14 on the Fort Wilderness side, and another 14 on the MK side. The ones on the MK side were not as far along - but all but two of them had some framing up.

We were told that the closest 4-6 cabins to MK will be considered "Premium" cabins as they will have a view of the MK fireworks. As we drove by them in the boat, you could just see that the castle would be in view over the trees, so while they may be able to see the fireworks, they likely won't see the actual park.

I tried to get an answer out of him about when they were expecting the DVC property to open up. He couldn't give me an exact date but did concede to "sometime in 2017".

We also got a tour of one of the Poly bungalows - which I won't share those pictures here as they have been available for some time now, though anyone that would like to see more can join in on my current trip report which will be starting up very soon (Link in my signature). However, we were told that the Poly bungalows are having no problem being rented out, and in fact the "model" bungalow that we toured is going to be given back to DVR to use for occupancy in the next few weeks - so soon it will no longer be available for tours. I had questioned whether the price point would be an issue - but as usual I underestimated the amount of available money that Americans have so spend on $1000-2000 a night bungalows.
That building is indeed a new restaurant.

Does anyone know if Easywdw has stopped doing crowd calendars? I've relied on them in the past, but looks like they've stopped doing them.
Suggestions for a replacement?

Does anyone know if Easywdw has stopped doing crowd calendars? I've relied on them in the past, but looks like they've stopped doing them.
Suggestions for a replacement?
Yes they have stopped because he says Disney has stopped giving out info he used for them and crowd calendars have been changing constantly that's it's become very hard to predict crowds. The only worthy replacement I know of it touring plans.

Is the story about "Celebrate the Magic" being replaced by "Once Upon a Time" projection show true? If so, it's said to begin November 4th.

Is the story about "Celebrate the Magic" being replaced by "Once Upon a Time" projection show true? If so, it's said to begin November 4th.

It's from the Official Disney Parks Blog...can't think of any other way it can be more confirmed.

I mean, I know dates are never truly set in stone (hello Rivers of Light) but this is much different.

Fantastic. I realize no crowd calendar will be perfect, but it's nice to know several months out with some sort of educated guess.

He is about to start doing them again. Says he has some new inside info that will help him along. They will be in a new format.
Good to hear; he is my go-to for crowd calendars and I've been lost without them! I do agree that it has gotten very difficult to predict crowds, though, so I understand why he stopped doing them.

Yes they have stopped because he says Disney has stopped giving out info he used for them and crowd calendars have been changing constantly that's it's become very hard to predict crowds. The only worthy replacement I know of it touring plans.

Or is it because he has now published a guide book for 2017?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter