• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2016

Hmmm....I want to say this one seems like slightly less of a rip-off than many of there latest upcharge events. $150 (+ tax and gratuity) is expensive, but you get food at 3 different resorts, part of which is a full meal at Citricos, and then a private balcony for the fireworks. Probably the whole event would last in the 3 hour or so range. I don't think I would pay for it, but the food alone probably is worth around $100. Also includes Valet parking which is maybe $20 value. Seems like it would be a fun high-end date night for a couple to do.

The only potential issue I see is being crammed on a packed monorail in between pieces of the event whereas all the other pieces would seem much more elegant. I wonder if they would hold a car of the monorail specifically for the people attending so that you could actually sit down without a stroller jammed in your face.
Or the cow barn smell of the monorail....still very prominent last week...not sure how a food event can tie in with that!

I don't think I've seen this being reported, but I thought it was interesting. Bad news (or maybe not that bad) for those who wanted the 3D version of Forbidden Journey that premiered with the Wizarding World in Universal Studios Hollywood to come to Florida. Apparently this version has been causing severe nausea to some guests, something that has been reported pretty much since before the ride even opened. The regular version has been installed instead.

Great decision. I feel like having 3D goggles makes everything less inmersive.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/...idden-journey-at-universal-studios-hollywood/

I recall on the DIS Universal podcast last week, in discussing how Forbidden Journey (In Universal Orlando) is down for maintenance now Craig mentioned that from what he has heard from people in the know (he used to work at the ride) the Orlando one was definitely not get getting 3D as part of the refurb unless something changes last minute - and the fact Hollywood is removing it I think just further confirms that

I recall on the DIS Universal podcast last week, in discussing how Forbidden Journey (In Universal Orlando) is down for maintenance now Craig mentioned that from what he has heard from people in the know (he used to work at the ride) the Orlando one was definitely not get getting 3D as part of the refurb unless something changes last minute - and the fact Hollywood is removing it I think just further confirms that
Does Japan still have it? They got the 3D first I believe. Based on the reports of people getting sick I think it's expected they got rid of the 3D.

News

After about 13ish months Big Thunder in Paris will reopen with a soft open Friday.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2016/12/breaking-news-big-thunder-mountain-soft.html

It's kind of dissapointing that Paris is getting the new effects at the end of the ride and MK's isn't. Maybe during the next refurb, I guess. I've seen pictures of the final result and Paris' version looks stunning. That's gotta be a pretty cool ride, being in the middle of a lake and all.

It's kind of dissapointing that Paris is getting the new effects at the end of the ride and MK's isn't. Maybe during the next refurb, I guess. I've seen pictures of the final result and Paris' version looks stunning. That's gotta be a pretty cool ride, being in the middle of a lake and all.
I agree, the aspect of being surrounded by water is really cool.

I agree, the aspect of being surrounded by water is really cool.
I'm guessing there was must be a tunnel for the line into the attraction. Sure hope that is dye in the water. Looks like track in the water for the river boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter