News Round Up 2016

Yay! I was just (A month ago) complaining about this in my TR. We ended up riding twice in a row - and we essentially got the same ride both times. (We had one changed scene.) Removing those 2 randomizations really takes down the repeatability factor. Too bad we won't be riding again until next November.

I really, really, loved this movie, and I totally love the tone of this trailer. A couple of really funny moments - though hopefully they aren't blowing all the funny bits. Looking forward to this movie MUCH more than Spider-Man 3.1 or Thor 1.3.

Speaking of movies - just saw Moana and liked it but didn't love it - or at least not as much as other people seem to

Really liked the music and a few scenes got me in the feels as a parent. But I found the chicken just dumb and not funny and the story felt super derivative of Star Wars

Solid B+ or so

Did catch a few Easter eggs (Sven, wreck it Ralph, etc)

Is Dr. Strange' removal on Dec. 2 now completely confirmed? And he is not relocating, just totally gone? Hoping against hope they might move him or bring him back for our trip next week but from the sounds of it, he's done. I haven't heard the final nail going in that particular coffin, but I figured you guys would know!

Is Dr. Strange' removal on Dec. 2 now completely confirmed? And he is not relocating, just totally gone? Hoping against hope they might move him or bring him back for our trip next week but from the sounds of it, he's done. I haven't heard the final nail going in that particular coffin, but I figured you guys would know!
He is gone. The theming was all taken down as of yesterday.

From what I understand this was a promotional thing for the movie. Maybe we see him return sometime in the future but who knows.

Fingers crossed he lasts longer at Disneylandthen ;). Just saw the movie today at long last and LOVED it- he was always one of my favourites, so it was a big order to fill.

In the interest of staying on topic...I thought that the agreement with Universal precluded any characters from appearing at Disney parks east of the MS river if they were connected to the Avengers, but Dr. Strange has teamed up with them numerous times in the comics. Did I miss a conversation about this in this thread?

Anyone know if Star Wars Launch Bay will be updated to include items from Rouge One?

Fingers crossed he lasts longer at Disneylandthen ;). Just saw the movie today at long last and LOVED it- he was always one of my favourites, so it was a big order to fill.

In the interest of staying on topic...I thought that the agreement with Universal precluded any characters from appearing at Disney parks east of the MS river if they were connected to the Avengers, but Dr. Strange has teamed up with them numerous times in the comics. Did I miss a conversation about this in this thread?
He has teamed up with them but he is not an avenger himself meaning they can use him in the parks. Same with guardians. Guardians has teamed up with avengers in the comics but they are not part of the avengers they are their own thing so WDW can also use them.

Appears to be 2 sets of drones. 60 drones per row... 3 rows per bank. 4 banks. Claim 300 drones per show. So 2 banks enough to fly 360 drones (likely some spares, or the actual number is closer to 360 then 300). So they have approximately 720 live drones - must alternate them between shows for charging and servicing - or each show uses both sets in a staggered fashion of some sort. Very interesting - neat pics. Tells us a lot.

I don't think I've seen this being reported, but I thought it was interesting. Bad news (or maybe not that bad) for those who wanted the 3D version of Forbidden Journey that premiered with the Wizarding World in Universal Studios Hollywood to come to Florida. Apparently this version has been causing severe nausea and motion sickness to some guests, something that has been reported pretty much since before the ride even opened. The regular version has been installed instead.

Great decision. I feel like having 3D goggles makes everything less inmersive.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/...idden-journey-at-universal-studios-hollywood/

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen this being reported, but I thought it was interesting. Bad news (or maybe not that bad) for those who wanted the 3D version of Forbidden Journey that premiered with the Wizarding World in Universal Studios California to come to Florida. Apparently this version has been causing severe nausea to some guests, something that has been reported pretty much since before the ride even opened. The regular version has been installed instead.

Great decision. I feel like having 3D goggles makes everything less inmersive.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/...idden-journey-at-universal-studios-hollywood/
I've only ever been on the Orlando one but in all honesty it was a no-brainer that making that type of ride (that has sharp movements, doesn't go upside down but is sorta close to that, and all around is a bit intense for the average guest (not talking about the andrenaline lovers just average folks) would create more motion sickness sufferers by installing 3D effects than if it was just left alone. Makes me wonder who they used to test the feature of 3D.

*This is me assuming the Hollywood one matches exactly or closely with the Orlando one*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter