News Round Up 2016

I haven't heard a bad review of the place yet however the menu is much more exotic than other which for the magic kingdom I think is a good thing.

As I think we've discussed previously, the exotic nature will be a problem for a portion of the park audience (particularly in the Magic Kingdom but also true for all of WDW). There are a lot of people who just want what they like, no "exotic", "experimental", or "adventurous" options thank you very much.

Until recently the Magic Kingdom had easily the shallowest variety of foods on offer (despite the many places you can eat) so I applaud this sort of thing, but it may not be as mass market as they had hoped.

The facts are that theatergoers are more willing to spend their $10-20 (depending on where in the country you live) for safe, familiar spectacle than they are to risk it on something unfamiliar. The reason the top movies are sequels is because that's what people pay to see, so the studios make more of them, so then it's the only thing that people pay to see. It's why they crank out 2-3 marvel movies a year. Many of them are quite good and some are even great, but that hardly matters - they know people will line up and they bank half a billion worldwide for the worst of them. I'm sure the same thing for Star Wars - they know not every one will make $2 billion, but people will keep lining up when they are on the 20th one.

Now take this argument and simply apply it to Disney theme parks... ;)

The Circle of Life will not be missed. The last few times we've been in The Land pavilion, we hit Soarin', the foodcourt, and then maybe one evening we do the Garden Grill for the kids. Then we hit the door.

I'd love to see something good happen in that space instead of one more of the band-aids that they've been happy to spread around Future World for the last twenty years.

WDWNT is the only one reporting this as of now but a new show could be coming to he circle of life theater

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/02/breaking-is-the-circle-of-life-at-epcot-closed-forever/

Hallelujah!! That was just a creepy show to watch with your kids on vacation!!

Creepy? I don't get that. We watched it several times when DD is young - but haven't seen it in a number of years. It was fine for what it was, just in general if you are just going to show a movie it is not something that's going to hold up well to repeat viewings. I don't think it pulled a lot of people in though - because we rarely saw it with the theater even 10 % full.

It would be nice if they put something new in it's place - but based on Epcot's recent practices it feels more like it will be abandoned. I hope their sources name doesn't rhyhme with Bim Dill. :lmao:

The Circle of Life will not be missed. The last few times we've been in The Land pavilion, we hit Soarin', the foodcourt, and then maybe one evening we do the Garden Grill for the kids. Then we hit the door.

I'd love to see something good happen in that space instead of one more of the band-aids that they've been happy to spread around Future World for the last twenty years.

Amen. That "movie" was/is terrible.

I like the 1st comment to the blog post. It says all restaurants should do this and FP+ should be same day only. Then we wouldn't have to plan every minute of our trip.

Uh..yeah you would just be planning it on the day of.

Granted, you would have a better idea what you were in the mood for.

Then, the second comment says they want to plan everything in advance. I'm no disney apologist...but it's clear they can never win in these situations. whatever direction they go, there will be an unhappy faction.

Worth noting that the guy who has typically been dead on in regards to Universal info was way off about Kong. On his word at least one guy essentially camped out last Friday with a camera waiting to see the ride vehicles. Apparently they are no where near getting them going from what he saw. This is the same guy who said the ride would be on track for a Jan 16' opening way back in Jan of 2015. Somebody is getting their credit rating downgraded... ;) I'll refrain from posting anything else he says until he gets back on track again.

Worth noting that the guy who has typically been dead on in regards to Universal info was way off about Kong. On his word at least one guy essentially camped out last Friday with a camera waiting to see the ride vehicles. Apparently they are no where near getting them going from what he saw. This is the same guy who said the ride would be on track for a Jan 16' opening way back in Jan of 2015. Somebody is getting their credit rating downgraded... ;) I'll refrain from posting anything else he says until he gets back on track again.
Speaking of universal I saw some new rumors regarding their Nintendo land that should be coming up sooner or later. 4-5 Nintendo based attractions with one major e ticket that is going to give the major Star Wars E a run for its money. Then a solid D ticket to back it up along with 2-3 b/c attractions.

Speaking of universal I saw some new rumors regarding their Nintendo land that should be coming up sooner or later. 4-5 Nintendo based attractions with one major e ticket that is going to give the major Star Wars E a run for its money. Then a solid D ticket to back it up along with 2-3 b/c attractions.

Did you read the rumors about budget cuts on that project?

Ironically...that means the anniversary to a period of extended struggles for Disney - particularly in parks - that included the end of the millenium promotion, and the opening of lackluster DCA and studios Paris.

It ultimately lead to Roy's revolt and the ouster of Eisner in favor of mr wonderful.

This was later blamed on al queda...but that is revisionist history. Only partly to blame.

I know...I bring up all the happy times ;)

Creepy? I don't get that. We watched it several times when DD is young - but haven't seen it in a number of years. It was fine for what it was, just in general if you are just going to show a movie it is not something that's going to hold up well to repeat viewings. I don't think it pulled a lot of people in though - because we rarely saw it with the theater even 10 % full.

It would be nice if they put something new in it's place - but based on Epcot's recent practices it feels more like it will be abandoned. I hope their sources name doesn't rhyhme with Bim Dill. :lmao:

Anybody want to take a guess on where I stand on circle of life?

Anybody?

Why does that guy get banished to the penalty box?

We put rumors from crazies in their basements claiming to be "Disney insiders" that are 98% wrong here all the time and nobody blinks...

(Sorry...this was a no brainer :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter