News Round Up 2016

The rocks are throwing back to futuristic sci-fi... wait? Can you throw back to the Future? ;)

It does beg the question of what are they trying to do. Somebody is a big fan of 60s sci-fi at Disney. Personally I much prefer the Steam Punk'd version of Disneyland.

This is something they can do to refresh Tomorrowland without closing anything or doing construction. IMO Tomorrowland needs a drastic makeover (I would love a steampunk version as well!), but there's no way they can do that anytime soon. In the meantime I give them credit for doing -something- to refresh the area and enhance what is already there. I reserve judgment until they're finished, and suspect they will be pretty cool-looking.

Tokyo loves their collectible popcorn buckets. I have the tie fighter one. They are fun and people collect them. That is all. It's like vinylmations, mugs, tsum tsums etc.

Given the size of houses/apartments in Tokyo, I can't help but wonder where they store their popcorn buckets! At least vinylmations and tsum tsums are small and compact.

Tokyo loves their collectible popcorn buckets. I have the tie fighter one. They are fun and people collect them. That is all. It's like vinylmations, mugs, tsum tsums etc.

Popcorn buckets are refillable "forever" for 520 yen each time regardless of when you purchase the particular bucket at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea. Each of the times I've been there it seems almost every local family brings one bucket per person to the park to try the 10+ flavors of popcorn. FYI - they also have a voucher system so if you buy the bucket at an exclusive location and don't like the popcorn served there, you can redeem the voucher at another popcorn location to get the flavor of your choice.

I fell in love with a couple popcorn buckets myself. We purchased the Seven Dwarfs mine car and Cinderella's carriage. We use them fairly frequently and enjoy them more than I thought we would. Overall, a fairly inexpensive and functional souvenir.

Popcorn buckets are refillable "forever" for 520 yen each time regardless of when you purchase the particular bucket at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea. Each of the times I've been there it seems almost every local family brings one bucket per person to the park to try the 10+ flavors of popcorn. FYI - they also have a voucher system so if you buy the bucket at an exclusive location and don't like the popcorn served there, you can redeem the voucher at another popcorn location to get the flavor of your choice.

Ahh, I see. I didn't realise that they could be refilled and that people collected them, then again I don't like popcorn.

We were so disappointed when the hosts wouldn't shut up and just show the parade. Also, having the music volume change depending on which camera feed they were using is such an easily correctable mistake.
They also cut out a large portion of the parade because the guest interviews were in the middle, not the beginning or the end. . . . . and the surprise was a downloadable screensaver??? OK :crazy2:

Photo update

Tomorrowland rock painting update is um interesting...

http://blogmickey.com/2016/08/photos-tomorrowland-rocks-painting-progress-82716/

I still think part of doing the color change is because of Star Wars land. The rock styles for both seem pretty close in the concept art. Big Thunder is different because it's more red, Avatar is different because the rocks have the plant life. Painting the rocks in Tomorrowland with this sci-fi look will give the area a more distinct look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter