News Round Up 2016

https://eeyoreandhs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/towerofterror2.jpg

The DHS tower has four elevator loading areas with only two drop shafts, so that 4th dimension area is used to merge each pair of tracks into one drop shaft. I believe ToT in DCA only has two load/drop shafts.

Mostly correct - but DCA has three load/drop shafts. I know this because when I went in 2013 on the ABD trip, we never rode it because the lines were always huge. The reason was that one of the drop shafts had been out of commission waiting for parts, and earlier that week a second drop shaft had been shut down for emergency maintenance, leaving only ONE drop shaft running - so the wait was typically in the 100-120 minute range. I had to wait until my third visit to DLR to finally try ToT, and as I've said elsewhere here, it's extremely underwhelming compared to DHS. I honestly would probably never bother to ride it there again, but would certainly give it a try with GotG overlay.

I see no reason for this not happening. Jungle Book was very poorly received, costs have increased and there's probably a lot of pressure from both the company and the community to get it released.
However I am kind of worried that the modifications I am hearing about might not be as good as it was intended to be. September has been the target for a while now but of course they don't want to announce anything yet.

However I am kind of worried that the modifications I am hearing about might not be as good as it was intended to be. September has been the target for a while now but of course they don't want to announce anything yet.

I know the show obviously hasn't been released and info may be sparse, but can you give a brief description of what you heard some of the show elements were going to be? Was was originally intended and why do these modification make you worry it's not going to be as good?

That's true. A watered down version of the original show would be really dissapointing. I'm concerned about this show too. From what we've seen, the barges didn't float and the mist screens didn't look good. Whoever is responsible for those mistakes is probably having a bad time with corporate.

I know the show obviously wasn't released, but can you give a brief description of what you heard some of the show elements were going to be? Was was originally intended and why do these modification make you worry it's not going to be as good?
Well I don't know the full show story line but from what I have gather executives felt the show was too conceptual. The last time disney did a conceptual show it was Illuminations so I don't know why they are so worried about that but they are. Shamans (Which wore the costumes we have already seen) were like the story tellers. The giant mist screen shows projections, and the animal floats moved around freely on the river. The lotus flowers were more of a center piece and at the finale the large lotus opens up and expands into the sky. The lotus floats also have fountains inside which we saw in the media preview.

That's true. A watered down version of the original show would be really dissapointing. I'm concerned about this show too. From what we've seen, the barges didn't float and the mist screens didn't look good. Whoever is responsible for those mistakes is probably having a bad time with corporate.
The barges float they just didn't move on their own like they were supposed to.

I freaking love that diagram.

I do too. I have heard that there is a way you can tell which randomized drop sequence you will get based on something in the 5th dimension, but I have never been able to figure out what it can possibly be. It may not be that you can know the sequence, but whether you are going up or down. But this doesn't make sense, because all you can really tell is whether you are on the left or right side of the track, which you know before you even board the elevator anyway.

Is it just me, or does that writer look like he just read a particular thread from another site that a few insiders often post on, and made an article out of it. It sure doesn't feel like anything he said came from any other sources.
They are known for doing that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter