• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newest "Moms to Be" Thread

I had to admit this pregnancy has started with some emotional mood swings. I wasn't like that with DS, my poor DH. I may have spoke to soon about morning sickness. This morning was awful. I feel better now just tired.

Welcome, Mr & Mrs Smith. Glad you jumped in with us other newbies!

Ann

I hate being pregnant and having a cold!! I am so anti taking anything, unless I really have to. The worse part is I have asthma and it always settles right in and effects my breathing. For some reason, too, my asthma has been really bad this pregnancy. Normally I take my inhaler once every few months....I'm probalby taking it a couple times a week for the last couple months. UGH.

I know w/my oldest I had problems w/my asthma when I was pregnant and the doctors logic...you're inhaler is fine, we'd rather have you breathing than not. I guess I understand, but I'm a worry wart.

Welcome to all the new moms to be!!!

Just curious... other than those that had ultrasounds for assorted medical reasons (age or whatever)... when did you or will you have your first ultrasound?

My doctor is waiting until 20 weeks. I think I'm gonna explode before that gets here! I haven't even heard a heartbeat yet. :(

Just curious... other than those that had ultrasounds for assorted medical reasons (age or whatever)... when did you or will you have your first ultrasound?

My doctor is waiting until 20 weeks. I think I'm gonna explode before that gets here! I haven't even heard a heartbeat yet. :(

I know with DS it was 20 weeks for me. I did have a ******l ultrasound early on and heard his heartbeat.

Ann

I had mine at 7 weeks? 8 weeks?? 8 I think. I am fairly high risk though. I just miscarried 3 months before I got pregnant this time. But I have always had a dating ultrasound very early in my pregnancies. I also get one at every appt. but that is due to the twins thing. I have my big 20 week scan on Friday. Im a wreck. :lmao:

Oh, and I dont think you will hear a heart beat until 13 weeks or so. I think.

I hate being pregnant and having a cold!! I am so anti taking anything, unless I really have to. The worse part is I have asthma and it always settles right in and effects my breathing. For some reason, too, my asthma has been really bad this pregnancy. Normally I take my inhaler once every few months....I'm probalby taking it a couple times a week for the last couple months. UGH.

I know w/my oldest I had problems w/my asthma when I was pregnant and the doctors logic...you're inhaler is fine, we'd rather have you breathing than not. I guess I understand, but I'm a worry wart.

Welcome to all the new moms to be!!!

Right there with you! It gets worse the further along you get too! As the baby gets higher, I feel like I can breathe less and less. I've always been an every now and then inhaler user, but I think once I'm done nursing, I'm probably going to have to get on some kind of program. My asthma has never been this bad.

Got bad news today at the high risk doctor. My cervix is much shorter than originally thought. Have to make some decisions by Friday on what I'm going to do. Wish me luck!

I had an ultrasound at 9 wks. Dr. didn't say why-so far she hasn't mentioned AMA-but I figure that is why. I cried when I saw the little one bouncing around and heard the heartbeat. I'll probably have another one around 20 wks-near Christmas. I had one with ds11 at 10 wks when they couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, then again at 20. With dd9, I only had one at 20 wks.

I'm cautiously joining this thread! Got my BFP over the weekend, and then got a blood test Monday, HCG was 343, so it's still very early. I would guestimate my due date as July 10, but who knows! My periods were very irregular and actually my last missed period was August 15th! I went in and had a blood test in mid October to make sure my hormones were Ok, and I definitely wasn't pregnant then, so I would guess I'm only 4 weeks 5 days.

They're going to do another blood test next Monday to make sure it's doubling every 48 hours. My symptoms so far have been; a little tired, hungry all the time, veiny chest and hands (lots of blue veins), cold quite often, and nausea if I don't eat. I don't have cramps per se, but a lot of adominal "pulling" and twinges. I really hope everything goes well!

Right there with you! It gets worse the further along you get too! As the baby gets higher, I feel like I can breathe less and less. I've always been an every now and then inhaler user, but I think once I'm done nursing, I'm probably going to have to get on some kind of program. My asthma has never been this bad.

Got bad news today at the high risk doctor. My cervix is much shorter than originally thought. Have to make some decisions by Friday on what I'm going to do. Wish me luck!
Good luck. :hug:
I'm cautiously joining this thread! Got my BFP over the weekend, and then got a blood test Monday, HCG was 343, so it's still very early. I would guestimate my due date as July 10, but who knows! My periods were very irregular and actually my last missed period was August 15th! I went in and had a blood test in mid October to make sure my hormones were Ok, and I definitely wasn't pregnant then, so I would guess I'm only 4 weeks 5 days.

They're going to do another blood test next Monday to make sure it's doubling every 48 hours. My symptoms so far have been; a little tired, hungry all the time, veiny chest and hands (lots of blue veins), cold quite often, and nausea if I don't eat. I don't have cramps per se, but a lot of adominal "pulling" and twinges. I really hope everything goes well!

:cool1: Woohoo! sounds good so far. :thumbsup2

:welcome: goodeats :welcome:

JB111107 ... Jacob ... born October 9 ... 3lbs 3oz/16 in
smilie ... Anne ... born October 22 ... 6lbs 3 oz / 19 in
Bekkiz**William & Andrew**born October 25**7lbs 3oz 20in/5lbs 11oz 19 in
starwatcher ….. due October 26 ….. It’s a girl!
trmcguire ... due December 20 ... It's a boy!
FHS_chick_2005 ... due December 26 ... It's a boy!
DISNEYmooner2008 ... due January 2 ... It's a girl!
jenrose66 ... due January 3 ... It's a surprise!
BigMickeyFan ... due January 26 ... It's a girl!
ADAMANDLISA ... due January 28 ... It's a boy!
bkreitzel ... due January 30 ... It's a girl!
truedisneyfan ... due February 1 ... It's a boy!
Fishbone† ... due February 15 ... It's a surprise!
Laura ... due February 19 ... It's a girl!
PatricenPete ... due February 26 ... It's a boy!
hotveggy ... due March 11 ... It's a girl!
FormerCastMbr ... due March 16th .. It's a boy!
Marshay ... due March 21 ... It's a girl!
staley7580 ... due March 30 ... It's a surprise! AND It's a surprise!
TrueEeyore ... due April 5 ... It's a surprise!
Scornelius ... due April 12 ... It's a surprise!
lulugirl ... due April 28 ... It's a surprise!
purvislets ... due May 4 ... It's a surprise!
Mr. & Mrs. Smith ... due May 4 ... It's a surprise!
TiggerStac ... due May 9 ... It's a surprise!
december ... due May 19 ... It's a surprise!
Piecey ... due June 9 ... It's a surprise!
rparmfamily ... due June 20 ... It's a surprise!
Disney Ron ... due June 29 ... It's a surprise!
robnkris ... due July 1 ... It's a surprise!
goodeats ... due July 10 ... It's a surprise!

Good luck!

And welcome to goodeats! :yay:

I had mine at 7 weeks? 8 weeks?? 8 I think. I am fairly high risk though. I just miscarried 3 months before I got pregnant this time. But I have always had a dating ultrasound very early in my pregnancies. I also get one at every appt. but that is due to the twins thing. I have my big 20 week scan on Friday. Im a wreck. :lmao:

Oh, and I dont think you will hear a heart beat until 13 weeks or so. I think.

They told me that you can hear the heartbeat, almost always, at 6wks.

The doctor just won't see patients that early and the nurses don't do HB's.

So, I'm seeing the doctor Nov. 14th and I finally get to hear it! I'm excited.
They're doing my US at 19 wks, she said.

They've drawn about a kajillion things of blood, though, so I'm guessing everything is A-OK at this point or they would have told me. Or at least, I would hope they would have told me! :rotfl:

I just realized that we are due the same day, Purvislets! How cool is that!

I know what you mean, Piecey. My ultrasound is December 10, which will be during my 19th week. I had really expected to get one before that but what do I know? I think I will be much more at ease once I see that there really is something in there. Although, the vomitting kind of reminds me. :laughing:

Emily Donna Maria was born Nov 3 at 11:08 am. She is 19 3/4 inches long weighed 6lbs and 6 oz but has lost a lil weight now. Mommy here had her without an epidural. I shocked the doc, hubby and myself with that one. Was induced on the 2nd of nov at 7 pm and had about 4 hours hard labor. We have first doc appt today what fun:rotfl: Am still trying to figure out how to post pics might be awhile

Hello girls!!!! Congrats to everyone. I just found out I was pg 2 weeks ago. Actually, this is a Disney baby. We were at Disney Sept. 26- Oct 4th.:goodvibes Anyway, I have my first app't November 20th and I am guessing my due date to be June 26th. I too am high risk, I had a m/c 3 years ago and have been trying to have a baby for over 5 years. We are so excited!!!!

:cloud9:

Congrats Starwatcher on your new DD!!!! I'm so glad everything went smoothly. Prayers coming your way for Emily.

BTW, we are really struggling with names. I realize we have months left to worry but it's been a chore since we don't seem to like very many of them. lol Wondering if this might be the place for us all to toss around some ideas?

:welcome: MinnieFan4ever :welcome:

JB111107 ... Jacob ... born October 9 ... 3lbs 3oz/16 in
smilie ... Anne ... born October 22 ... 6lbs 3 oz / 19 in
Bekkiz**William & Andrew**born October 25**7lbs 3oz 20in/5lbs 11oz 19 in
starwatcher ... Emily Donna Maria ... born November 3 ... 6lbs 6oz/19 3/4 in
trmcguire ... due December 20 ... It's a boy!
FHS_chick_2005 ... due December 26 ... It's a boy!
DISNEYmooner2008 ... due January 2 ... It's a girl!
jenrose66 ... due January 3 ... It's a surprise!
BigMickeyFan ... due January 26 ... It's a girl!
ADAMANDLISA ... due January 28 ... It's a boy!
bkreitzel ... due January 30 ... It's a girl!
truedisneyfan ... due February 1 ... It's a boy!
Fishbone† ... due February 15 ... It's a surprise!
Laura ... due February 19 ... It's a girl!
PatricenPete ... due February 26 ... It's a boy!
hotveggy ... due March 11 ... It's a girl!
FormerCastMbr ... due March 16th .. It's a boy!
Marshay ... due March 21 ... It's a girl!
staley7580 ... due March 30 ... It's a surprise! AND It's a surprise!
TrueEeyore ... due April 5 ... It's a surprise!
Scornelius ... due April 12 ... It's a surprise!
lulugirl ... due April 28 ... It's a surprise!
purvislets ... due May 4 ... It's a surprise!
Mr. & Mrs. Smith ... due May 4 ... It's a surprise!
TiggerStac ... due May 9 ... It's a surprise!
december ... due May 19 ... It's a surprise!
Piecey ... due June 9 ... It's a surprise!
rparmfamily ... due June 20 ... It's a surprise!
MinnieFan4ever ... due June 26 ... It's a surprise!
Disney Ron ... due June 29 ... It's a surprise!
robnkris ... due July 1 ... It's a surprise!
goodeats ... due July 10 ... It's a surprise!

In regards to ultrasounds, it all depends on your dr. Most will do one at the first appointment to see how the little one is and then the big one at 20 weeks. If you are high-risk like some of us, we have so many u/s's that you feel like there is no surprise left!!!

Emily Donna Maria was born Nov 3 at 11:08 am. She is 19 3/4 inches long weighed 6lbs and 6 oz but has lost a lil weight now. Mommy here had her without an epidural. I shocked the doc, hubby and myself with that one. Was induced on the 2nd of nov at 7 pm and had about 4 hours hard labor. We have first doc appt today what fun:rotfl: Am still trying to figure out how to post pics might be awhile

Congratulations on baby Emily! I can't wait to see her picture. What did you think of the drug-free labor and delivery? As hard as it was, I thought recovery time was so much faster for me! :goodvibes

Hello girls!!!! Congrats to everyone. I just found out I was pg 2 weeks ago. Actually, this is a Disney baby. We were at Disney Sept. 26- Oct 4th.:goodvibes Anyway, I have my first app't November 20th and I am guessing my due date to be June 26th. I too am high risk, I had a m/c 3 years ago and have been trying to have a baby for over 5 years. We are so excited!!!!
:cloud9:

Welcome and congrats! What puts you in the high-risk category?:goodvibes

BTW, we are really struggling with names. I realize we have months left to worry but it's been a chore since we don't seem to like very many of them. lol Wondering if this might be the place for us all to toss around some ideas?

This is a great place to throw around names. It's definitely never to early to start!:thumbsup2

Alright....well for names, this is what we have so far. For boys' names, we have all of 1. Joel. We would like some more options but can't find any other names we like. We're doing better with the girls' names. We've got: Jenny, Jordan, Sarah, and Sophie. What do you all think? Anyone else leaning toward any names? Any ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter