Newbie with questions

SUZI

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone. I am new to posting but I have appreciated all the advice and tips that I have been reading about. Thanks to all of you! I am planning my first trip to WDW!! This will include me, DH, DS5, and DD2. Anyway, I have a few questions if someone could help me out:
1. What is a photopass?
2. Tell me about lanyards. I know what they are in general, but is this part of the park ticket or something that is recommended to have? Do I buy one locally? (sorry about these silly questions -- did I mention this is my first trip and I don't know a thing?)
3. Costumes for children: to what activities do children wear Disney costumes? probably character meals, but will my children want to wear a costume while touring the parks?
4. I have plenty more, but I"ll save them for another day :)

Thanks again!!!

Welcome to the Dis...I think you will get a lot of great info here for your trip.

1. A photopass is a card you receive when you have your photo taken by a Disney photographer, like when you first head down main street or w/a character. Hand your card to the photographer for any subsequent photos and they will all be linked. You can then turn your photopass card in at a park to view which photos you want made into prints or order a photo cd or movie w/all of the photos. You can also view all of your photos online after your trip and have up to 30 days to make a purchase before your photos are deleted.

2. Lanyards are like ribbon necklaces. Some folks get plain ones w/a plastic sleeve hanging from them at Walmart and use it to carry their park tickets and fastpasses. There are also character/Disney themed lanyards to wear/display Disney pins, which are fun to trade w/castmembers.

3. Children wear costumes all over Disney, often to character meals and often just because. Any time is appropriate for a child in a costume at WDW! I would just make sure it is comfortable (don't forget to take the heat into consideration), safe (careful of giant swords or face masks), make sure the child has comfortable/safe shoes on and that you have a plan B for when the kid wants to change.

Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter