newbie needing help

BamBam83

Earning My Ears
Hey there. Really new to this so sorry if I get things wrong (this is 1st forum I ever been on). Have booked Portofino Bay for Oct and although it looks awesome and I'm sure we going to have fab time, I have a few questions. Firstly, does anyone have any experience of the kids club?? Our son is 9 and at an age where he wants some time to relax away from us so we're considering it so we can do some of the big coasters as our boy doesn't like thrill rides. Another thing, we're booked into a bay view room... is there any way of getting a fridge and balcony?? Thanks in advance as ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

:welcome: to the darkside which is how we lovingly refer to the UO parks.

glad you are joining us and hope many will be able to share their thoughts in order to guide you to a fabulous stay on site.

the kids club has an hourly fee and a minimum charge.
the kids club can rotate between the 3 hotels at times.

over the years, i have only had one friend use it and they thought it was good for their child.
some families have used the private sitters for in their rooms for child care.
again, that is costly also.

if your son does not like coasters, use the child swap program.
one adult rides while the other adult waits in the child swap room.
once off the ride, you switch places with the other adult and that person can go on the ride without having to go to the end of the line.

the hotel has the mini bar but no refrigerator in the room unless you have a hospitality suite or larger room.

you can rent a fridge, which will come on a cart for your room at the price of $15 per night.

can't help with the balcony portion of your stay.
let's hope someone else will drop in here and fill you in for that.

Last I heard ( Jan 2015) , Balconies were a nightly extra charge .You can try calling and asking about it. When I did I was told that they could not be reserved in advance and were first come , first serve at check in

OK thanks... I knew the balcony would be a long shot coz I know they only have a few. Wouldn't be a major thing if it came to it. Just used to having one on hols so might feel a bit weird! Lol! Thanks for taking the time to reply!

we always stay at PB and never had a problem getting a balcony or patio. you might request a certain room number also. room 1663 is not a bay view, it overlooks the beach pool but has a large balcony. in the east wing rooms 1500 and 1502 are on the top floor and have full covered balconies. sometimes i request ground floor so that we can have a patio. i will look through my old papers for the room numbers in the west wing with balconies.

we always stay at PB and never had a problem getting a balcony or patio. you might request a certain room number also. room 1663 is not a bay view, it overlooks the beach pool but has a large balcony. in the east wing rooms 1500 and 1502 are on the top floor and have full covered balconies. sometimes i request ground floor so that we can have a patio. i will look through my old papers for the room numbers in the west wing with balconies.

That is SO sweet of you, thank you SO much! xx

These are rooms we have stayed in:

West wing:
3155-2 queen-bay view - ground floor patio
3157-King- bay view- ground floor patio
I think as long as you have west wing ground floor and the room number is an odd number you are safe to get a patio.

3137-2queens and 3133-King room- these were ground floor-bay view and were right next to the boats-great location!

2052 was villa wing- 2 queens- ground floor with patio. Not the greatest view some hedges with bocce court beyond them. But if you want privacy it's great.

Another room we had in the East wing was 1544- top floor- close to elevator with a big balcony. We loved this room! It had 2 queen beds.

I'll try and see what else I can find.

These are rooms we have stayed in:

West wing:
3155-2 queen-bay view - ground floor patio
3157-King- bay view- ground floor patio
I think as long as you have west wing ground floor and the room number is an odd number you are safe to get a patio.

3137-2queens and 3133-King room- these were ground floor-bay view and were right next to the boats-great location!

2052 was villa wing- 2 queens- ground floor with patio. Not the greatest view some hedges with bocce court beyond them. But if you want privacy it's great.

Another room we had in the East wing was 1544- top floor- close to elevator with a big balcony. We loved this room! It had 2 queen beds.

I'll try and see what else I can find.

THANK YOU so much for these!! My son has mild ASD so having a large balcony would be awesome as he often needs downtime mid-afternoon and we've found previously that a game of cards whilst sat out on a balcony has worked wonders because he doesn't need to be near people but doesn't feel like he's missing out as he can hear the different sounds associated with the holiday. It's only a preference obviously but would be lovely if the hotel could accommodate it. Will work round it if not but fingers crossed :) xx

Please call the hotel directly and have this noted. Our son is on the severe end of the spectrum and they have been wonderful through the years to accommodate him. Any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Just wanted to add: on our last stay in December we had a balcony and were not charged extra for it

Also, if you need a fridge for medical reasons have them note it on your reservation and also remind them at check in. There will be no charge for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter