• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newbie headed to the Fort on Saturday....help please

I had no idea there were so many wonderful activities and the fort and Disney in general. Between our school work and all of the great suggestions we will have plenty to keep us busy for the month.

I had no idea there were so many wonderful activities and the fort and Disney in general. Between our school work and all of the great suggestions we will have plenty to keep us busy for the month.

Don't overlook that they lend (as in for free) shuffle board and tennis equipment from the Bike Barn, and you can also borrow basketballs and volleyballs. There are a number of tetherball courts around the Fort, too.

Fishing is free if you bring your own gear.

The canoe and kayak rentals are very reasonable.

There are checkerboards and checkers at the Reception Outpost and the Meadow Trading Post. And there is a hop-scotch court painted on the sidewalk behind the Meadow Trading Post. Also, there are games to play on the porch of Crockett's Tavern. Those are put out there for the guests waiting to go in to eat, but they are available for anyone to play. They have rubber horse shoes, a big checker game, Jenga blocks, etc.

TCD

Oh, I am so jealous! :goodvibes

Definitely check out the Disney YES program - they do extremely reduced ticket sales when you attend an educational program put on by Disney. I haven't been but heard that it is wonderful! It seems like you may be there over homeschool days and you could get in on that :) You can get three day tickets (including the presentation) for like $125 each !!!!!!!!!!!!

Also - I have spent some time looking around for free stuff to do at WDW and there is a TON. Try googling and you will find lists that people have made. Everything from resort hopping to fireworks to entertainers. Plus all that there is to do at the Fort!

Finally, don't forget about going outside of Disney for some great educational opportunities. Theres the Orlando Science Center, Kennedy Space Center, etc. Also I don't know much about it but I've heard that there is a Disney Nature Reserve that is very nice.

Will you do a Trip Report for us? Maybe an ongoing day by day one ?

Have a WONDERFUL time! It sounds like an amazing adventure :wizard:

I am extremely interested in the Disney YES programs and there is also a homeschool days program (or maybe that is the YES program). I am looking at the premium 7 day pass which includes 7 hoppers and 7 visits to the water park or Disney quest tickets. On the website it says that the tickets are good 7 days prior to your arrival and up to 7 days after your departure. If this is correct it would be perfect. I'm so used to the tickets expiring 14 days after the first use. I'm still trying to figure this out.

A trip report........hmm after reading numerous reports here I not sure I could live up to what the fort fiends are used to. Maybe I could post in the picture of the day at the fort. The boys and I are really looking forward to exploring the fort each day. It's a great incentive to finish our assignments promptly. It's also an excuse to get out and have a first hand look at nature up close. Our pups, Capt'n Jack and Koda, will enjoy exploring too!

We are also a homeschooling family of 2 boys, 8 and 16. If we still can't get any ressies at any resort, it looks like we will be at the Fort on the 18th.

I love this idea. Where can I buy water park annual passes? Do they sell them on the Disney World website or at the parks? We love Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.

I also think there are discounted passes if you go later in the day, I know the water parks are running a year pass for after 2pm for $60, the only thing I am not sure of is if you have to be a FL resident. If you are a AAA member check with them for discounted passes. Not only to Disney but other theme parks in the area.

I am still stuck on the "4 weeks at the Fort" :thumbsup2

I know......we usually plan our trips months in advance. We found out Monday afternoon, called Disney to book at site, and I am still running around trying to get everything together. I'm excited though!

Thanks for all the wonderful tips everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter