• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what floor the courtyard view/lobby rooms start on? The ones directly ahead of you when you walk into the lobby.

Also, I started out in a Delux room last year with 5 adults and a two year old and then switched after one night to two connecting rooms above the reservation desk with a view of the roof tops. These worked out MUCH better. So if you have any questions about either I will try to help out.

Another great thing about the WL is the closeness to Fort Wilderness. It is great for young children with the movie campfire, hayrides, petting zoo, pony rides, and playground. It is only a boat ride away.

Going back in October and can't wait.

Snow White - the 5th floor balconies I was talking about are at the Villas; not the main lodge. :D

Cali-D......Your pictures are great..... The pool picture at the bottom, in the back, is the the trout pool bar to the right? thanks......Corvair

Thank you for sharing such lovely pics:) ; this resort is MAGNIFICENT!!!!

Besides going to the parks, where else do the buses go (from WL)? Do any buses go directly to BW (we would like to go to ESPN one evening)?

MKINGDOM,,,,, Your pictures are great. Question about under added photos, the third picture of pool. Is that looking off you balcony??? This is a great veiw??? That must of been innercourtyard south wing, and you said third floor???? That room location is just what i am looking for. Can you help? I can not with till I have alot of time and look at all of your great pictures. They are fabulous..... Thanks ...... Corvair

Those are great pictures, thanks for sharing.
I am almost positive this is where we will stay. But, we have to have bunkbed room and a woods view.

Originally, I wanted a room with a view so that I was able to see the fireworks but since the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom are only scheduled once the week I am there that is out. Now after reading all of your replies (which are great) I am seeking a room that has an open balcony; that is not facing the villas; that is convenient to get to the pool etc.; that has a nice view. I don't want too much. (ha ha)

I am staying in a courtyard room so if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciated them.

Only 10 more days to go!!!!:D :D :D

Originally posted by corvair
Cali-D......Your pictures are great..... The pool picture at the bottom, in the back, is the the trout pool bar to the right? thanks......Corvair

Yes, that is the pool bar to the right. I think that is also where you got pool towels (they might have changed it since I've stayed there).

Originally posted by corvair
Besides going to the parks, where else do the buses go (from WL)? Do any buses go directly to BW (we would like to go to ESPN one evening)?

I know it goes to the TTC and the major theme parks (shares buses with other MK resorts - I think the GF and Poly). I've heard that bus service is pretty bad. The only resort transportation I've used is the boat to the MK - it is a nice ride. We always rent a car, which got us from WL to anywhere we wanted to go quickly.

Thanks for the reply. Thanks for info on busses. We will also have a car so I think we will plan on using it. How are the parking lots at WL? Are they far away from the resort? So you found that the car was faster????? Corvair

The busses from WL to other areas of the WDW property are okay, but not great. They have regular busses to and from the theme parks and water parks, but to really get anywhere else, you have to take a bus to the TTC, then transfer to another bus. During peak times I think they run busses to Downtown Disney. Depending where you want to go, it may be faster in the car.

The WL parking lot is a bit of a hike from the front entrance. If you're standing and facing the front of the lodge (the covered drive thru area), the main lot is back behind you and down a bit of a hill. There is a line of trees to block the view of the lot from the main entry. There is also a winding walkway and stairs thru the trees to get to the lot. I think they valet park, but I'm not sure of rates or if it's free (other than the tip, of course). And there are bear paw prints in the walkway, just like the other paths around the resort. Funny, I didn't know the bear population in central Florida was so big. I guess they were foraging for food while construction was going on.

In my opinion, the WL self parking lot has one of the best parking lot locations of the resorts (second to the Polynesian). The self parking lot was always a very easy walk (unlike at the Floridian, where you have to walk past the valet lot, and across the street). Lately we've been valet parking all the time (except on a quick trip over to WL to get a shot glass - the lot is so close it doesn't even make any difference).

...we are talking about self-parking and parking lots, how do you check-in when driving to WDW? Do you unload your car at the front door? Or, is it easier to leave the "stuff" in the car and go to your room yourself? (we did that when we drove to DxL last year; left our luggage in the car and just drove to our room and brought our stuff into the room ourselves [actually, that was NOT a good idea because our room was on the 2nd floor -no elevator- on the side of the building opposite the parking lot!!] so we didn't have to wait for a bellman -or bell"person"-!!!) Which brings me to another subject -- we are checking out of CBR the morning we will be checking IN to WL. Should we just have guest services pick up our belongings and have THEM transfer our things to WL? Has anyone ever done this....????

We transfered from CSR to CBR and guest services moved our luggage and us. Normally they only do luggage but the CM the night before had said they would move us too, and they did. Very efficient, no problems at all.

....mean they moved you, too? They picked you up, threw you over their shoulder, and carried you to the other resort (LOL) ???
But, seriously, how did they "move" you from CSR to CBR??

Is turn down service available to all guests or just concierge?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/resorts/rooms/roomgroupingindex?id=WILDRoomGrping

Pictures www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/rescc/costcalc.asp?pageFunction=researcher&resId=WL&submit1=go!We

From MKingdom-
stayed in 3159 and 3161...a long and winding path from the lobby at the end of a long day, but with a great balcony view of the pool, geyser, and electric water pageant.
http://www.amsbaugh.com/photos/jr_a...orld/Disney.htm

Room 7052 on the concierge level has a view of the Contemporary and Space Mountain (fireworks can be seen from this room)

From 999ghsts - Your standard rooms are floors 4, 5, and 6 in the first wing on the North...MK...side, these are all the rooms that directly look over the service area also the 4th floor rooms over the front desk are standard view rooms, they all look at roof peaks.
***Standard rooms DO NOT have King Beds, They are NOT
located on any floors lower than 4 and they are ALL non smoking****

Woods view rooms (also refered to as Lodgeview) are located above the Whispering Canyon (in the Lobby) floors 4, 5 and 6...these look out at trees, they above the front desk floors 5 and 6 also looking at trees, the first wing on the SOuth side floors 1, 2, 3, 4,5 and 6 facing the trees between the Lodge and the Villas and the rooms on the North wing facing MK floors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 these rooms overlook the "otter pond" and face towards MK with some (only a handful) being able to see the Magic Kingdom

Courtyard rooms are the inner section of the building they can be in the lobby, down the North or South wing facing in towards the Wilderness Lodge Pool, they can be the end of the hallways facing out towards the Lake or they can be the South wing facing the Villas and the Quiet Pool Courtyard.

Concierge is the 7th floor (7th floor also contains the Vice and
Presidential suites and the HOneymoon suites) there is no "Designated view" for these rooms they are all priced the same but you can still request a particular view.

Deluxe rooms are what was once called the Junior suites they are at the end of the hallways and are also not view specific (they can be woods view or courtyard). These do have connecting rooms in woods or courtyard avalaible as well.

Side Notes...
*The resort is primarily NON smoking, the only rooms that are smoking are the rooms on the 5th floor South wing (Villas Wing).
*95% of the King bed rooms are Handicap accessible meaning they DO NOT have tubs (just a roll in shower).
*There is only 1 set of (woods view) rooms that have connecting
bunks(meaning BOTH rooms have a set of bunks and a queen bed)...The resort is set up to have a room with 1 queen and a set of bunk connect to a room with 2 queens...or connect to 1 king (there are some that are 2 queen connecting to 2 queen and or 2 queen connecting to 1 king....there is also one set of King connecting to King)
* The lobby of the resort is actually the second floor so if you have a first floor room on the Villas side you actually have to walk halfway down the 2nd floor hallway to the elevator and go "down" to your room.
The 1st floor on the MK side are acessed via a ramp that slopes down past the restaurants. In this same reference the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors on the MK side can not be accessed by the main lobby elevator you would need to go past all the restaurants and use the elevator by Roaring Forks.
* Dormer balconies are ALL of the 7th floor and some of the 6th. The 7th floor does not extend out as far therefore the last wing on both sides on the 6th floor has the dormer balconies. The 1st and 2nd (and some portions of the 3rd floor) in certain locations also have dormer balconies as they are blocked in by the Brick used to create the "look" of the resort. You can usually find this at the ends of the hallway (where it "T's" before the next hallway begins.

My favorite rooms are:
Standard view over the front desk (they do look at the roof but you don't have the beeping of the trucks at night)
Woods view MK side overlooking the otter pond
Courtyard I don't really have a favorite, but If I had to pick it would be the South wing inner courtyard 4th floor [/B]
Just moving this here so you don't have to look all over the place for it!:rolleyes:

We are going May 31 and have a woods view. Can anyone recommend a good room number? We are so looking forward to going and staying here!

Sue:jester:

Thanks 999ghsts! You always know the right things to say :)! I thought it would be something neat to do the night after we go to MVMCP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter