NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have a few pictures of the grounds, but I'll have to scan them. Once I get them scanned (I'll have to look for them, too!), I'll be sure to post a link to them. :) Hopefully I can have them up by this weekend.

:)

Thank you those of you who posted. Keep them coming!

Anybody ever had a Standard View that they liked? Got a room number?

What is the counter service like?

Is the pool very big? Is there a kiddie pool?

kimmar067, when we exited the main lobby to go to the pool our rooms were on the right.

corvair, our room was on the third floor. I know we didn't take the fastest route to the pool! (We had my mom in a wheelchair, so we had to take the elevator. We just took the first elevator we found. I think we would have been closer to the pool if we exited our room to the left instead of to the right.)

To get to the pool we went out of our room and made a right all the way to the end of the corridor. Then we took the elevator to lobby level. From there we kept to the right, walking around a corner and exiting through a glass door that led to the little bridge by Silver Creek Falls.

The layout of the room was very nice. On entering, there was an ice bucket with glasses on a narrow chest on the left, followed by the closet. To the right was the vanity area and bathroom. Keep walking in and the beds are on the right (head end to the wall), the armoire with TV is on the left, followed by floor lamp, table, and two armchairs.

The sliding glass doors have lace curtains (NICE!) in addition to heavy drapes. There is a small table and two chairs on the balcony. We've got some pictures of the room on our website; check out the pictures from 9-25-2001 at this link to see the room:

http://www.amsbaugh.com/photos/jr_alyssa/2001/DisneyWorld/Disney.htm

I always take room pictures!

To help the excitement going I will add that DH and I spent a most romantic, relaxing, rainy afternoon last Sept. on a sofa on an upper floor admiring the ambiance of the lodge. One of my best WDW memories.
To help accent what a wonderful resort WL and VWL are, I will tell you how I begged my DH (Mr. BWV) to stay there on our DVC points. He agreed and we stayed last Sept. After our first night he agreed that WL was the best;) I already knew that. He then agreed to add on there(yippee!!!!) not once but twice. WE will be there this time next week, with another stay planned in Dec. and probably one next spring.

Only problem is we ran out of points and will be in the lodge for part of our stay(like that's a bad thing) and have forgotten about "regular" rooms. Can anyone say if there will be a coffee maker in the room? We will have refillable mugs but that 1st cup BEFORE you get dressed is really important! Actually this will be our first stay in a deluxe non DVC room. We have always stayed in the moderates before DVC. Any other special features over the moderates? Thanks!

Sonya, The counter service food is good it is just kind of limited though. Prices were same as that of other counter service. If you have been to the AS, DL, or CBR you will be disappointed but when you compare it to the fact that BW and Y&BC really don't have any, WL counter service selection is great.;)

DD4 loves ladybugs. Do they have a "Lady Bug Release" at WL. What other things can you do or see at WL?

...I just checked out your link to your pics of your vacation at WL. ** AWESOME **. How couldn't anyone NOT have a wonderful time at "The Most Magical Place on Earth"?
Question: there was one photo with the top of a white roof and the lake in the background - was this a view from your balcony? If not, where was this taken??? (Also: how lucky of you to get chosen as the Wilderness Flag Family - were you actually on the ROOF??):)

MKingdom, your website is amazing! And I love what the maid did to your towels and animal. Thanks for sharing!

We will be staying at the Villas at WL 10-21 to 10-24 and can't wait. We purchased points from DVC member and she has requested pool view/top floor for us. For anyone who has stayed in the Villas, what do you think? This will be our first trip to Disney to see all the parks. We saw MK a few years ago but just for a day. Tell me more about the rooms if you can and anything else that will build on our excitement. We have been planning this for soooooo long.

kimmar067, we probably used the zoom feature on our digital camera, but that shot was taken from our balcony on the third floor!

We loved being the flag family! And yes, we were on the roof! We signed up for it when we checked in. We were careful not to say ANYTHING about it while we were standing in line. When we got to the front desk, the CM simply put our name in a book. To notify us that we were chosen, they slipped a letter under our door the night before the ceremony.

Our guide was wonderful and the view from the roof was AMAZING! We raised 5 flags. Being chosen meant a lot to us considering our trip was only 11 days after the World Trade Center tragedy.

You've got to sign up to be flag family!

...like the experience of a LIFETIME!!!! (almost better than meeting Mickey! lol) We will be having a family reunion (of sorts) in July/Aug and this would be soooo cooool!!! (Plus 3 birthdays in our fam around that time) What a surprise for our 3 DS's if we were picked:bounce: !! Do they do this "ceremony" every morning? (also, are the flags taken down in the PM too?)

Sonya, be sure to leave any stuffed animals that you purchase out in the open. (I don't think the staff is supposed to touch anything on the table in your room.) We left Tigger on our bed and that started the whole "towel animal" theme! It just got better every day!

Has anyone out there stayed at the very end of the courtyard closest to the boat dock? What is it like here? Are there steps at the very end of the building? Thanks for any info CORVAIR

...is that it would be very quiet and peaceful. If that is what you want, go for it...!!! (certainly convenient to get the ferry to CR or MK). Speaking of CR, I am told they have an awesome arcade; don't bother going into the one at WL (it's STINKY!!!:( )

kimmar, just trying to get a feel of how the resort is layed out. I tlooks to me on the map that it is right beside the pool also. I am looking for confience for my to girls to get from our room to the pool. I do not want to have to take elevator all the time. How is the roaring forks. It looks on the map that this would be easy to get to from the end of the courtyard. I have to get my coffee first thing in the morning. Do they have donuts and those kind of foods in the morning? How is the pool bar? thanks ....Corvairamy

...is your best bet for goodies in the AM (DON'T FORGET TO PURCHASE THE WILDERNESS REFILLABLE MUGS!! - a must!!!)
You can get your "cup'o'joe" and you are on your way.... (these can be filled there and brought up to Whispering Canyon for dinner-which I HIGHLY recommend - very kid-friendly)

When you enter the lobby of the WL, you really feel transported to the great Northwest. Our stay was a few years back and I got some good video of the place. I have a few pics too, but need to scan them (mostly lobby and exterior). When you enter, be sure to find the hidden Mickey on one of the two huge totem poles. They also have a game to find various hidden Mickey's all over the resort (there's one on the map outside Artist's Point). They used to give out pinback buttons if you successfully find them all. Ask for the sheet of hints at the main desk.

Our room was on the right side of the lodge on the first floor. I don't remember the room number, though. We faced the area now occupied by the Villas and were about six rooms from the end (I'm not sure what they call that view now). The morning after we checked in we saw a couple rabbits outside our window just munching on some grass and running around. You have a sliding glass door, so we opened it and watched/video taped it (no, they weren't animatronic either!). There's a door at the end of the hall that opens to the pool area. From there you can go to the boat dock (passing the pool and geyser on the way). You can also head back to the front of the resort to the lobby or Roaring Forks. The only bad part about a room located that far back is that the walk from the bus stop or lobby is very long.

Be sure to notice the spring in the lobby. It travels outside to a waterfall, then to the pool. It looks like it flows continuously, but it's really three separate sections. Our last night we just sat in the lobby and soaked in the atmosphere. The floor to ceiling fireplace is cool (well, not literally). They have a bunch of rocking chairs in front of it and a number of couches/chairs spread thru the entire lobby.

Like other posters have mentioned, leave your stuffed animals out during the day. We found our Tigger, Mickey, Pluto and others in various poses all the time as well as folded towel animals (we found Pluto sitting in the bathroom playing with the toilet paper). It was my birthday on our trip and the lady who did our room left me a card signed by Mickey and the gang and a Sebastian beanie on my b-day. Pretty cool!!!

It's my favorite resort and would love to stay there again!

I need help from a room expert- I'm sending some family members to the Wilderness Lodge in the fall. They have a queen room (jr. suite). Where are they typically located? Any room number suggestions?

Love the WL ! I have stayed there in the past, but am trying the concierge level this time. Has anyone ever stayed there. Can't seem to find too much info about it. We are going in Aug. Thanks

Kristy - When staying the WVL don't stay on the 5th floor. Request 3rd or 4th floor. The 5th floor first of all is a partial floor - it doesn't appear that its a full floor of rooms. Secondly, the atrium only goes to the 4th floor. Third, the balconies on the 5th floor are partial walls - like dormers. You have to stand up to look over the balcony. The balconies on the first 4 floors are standard balconies that you can see through from all angles. We have always stayed on the 4th floor (2 times pool view and 1 time woods view). I prefer the pool view, but the woods view was great too. You will LOVE the villas!!

999ghsts,,,,, Thanks so much more the reply. One more courtyard question. Is the southwing inner on the side of the pool bar or the other side? I would like to be near the end of the U. What does inner mean. I do not want up by the lobby but near the pool..... Thanks for the info. Corvair

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter