• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New WDW Today Resort TV Channel (Great Graphics and Music)

My favorite in-room version was the "Tip for the Day"! The music, the graphics, those little origami Disney thingies.....
That one and the Disney World Network that played from 1995-1997 were my favorites. I posted this on another thread, but here's a super-HQ version of the Tip-for-Today Loop that I captured in 2001. I just recently found it on an old hard drive. Enjoy!!

You're welcome. Let me know if you get anything good from that other cruise line. I'm interested in all kinds of resort/promotional TV, even non-Disney.
Unfortunately it didn't work. The cables in the TV didn't have the normal coax ends that I needed to plug in to the tuner. Not only that, the TV didn't move away from the wall. I think there was less than 2 inches between the wall and the back of the TV. Oh well.

Unfortunately it didn't work. The cables in the TV didn't have the normal coax ends that I needed to plug in to the tuner. Not only that, the TV didn't move away from the wall. I think there was less than 2 inches between the wall and the back of the TV. Oh well.

That's too bad. I was afraid of that a few times when I tried to record things at WDW, but luckily, I was always able to get enough coax cable free to hook to my capture device and then put things back exactly as they were before. I can imagine on a cruise ship that things are a little "tighter" than they would be in a resort room.

Hello everyone!
It's been a while since I've had time to be active on the forums. We had a new addition to our family! :)
However, we're starting to settle into a routine, and I found an amazing Resort TV Gem in my archives that I thought I'd share with everyone. I have a few more if anyone is interested. :)

This is the Top 7 Must See from 2003 with Kryssa. I posted a version of this earlier in the thread, but this is the highest quality version of this loop I've ever seen. We stayed in a room in 2003 with a pristine cable connection, and I was able to capture the video to my computer. Enjoy!

Here's another one I found on my HD. This is Must Do Disney from April 2010. The theme song that year was different - "Time of Your Life."

Hi folks! New to the board here. I wanted to pass along my 7 hour recording of Pop Century's Resort channel. Objectively on this capture, I was able to maintain a high audio bitrate for uncompressed playback (minus YouTube's transcoders). I hope you enjoy!

I have more recordings on the way..

Nice. Thanks! By the way, when I did mine, I basically just uploaded the captured mpeg2 file from the capture device directly to YouTube, so I don't think mine lost much quality either. :-)

Thanks! Also, just for fun, here's a mockup I did of the new Your Disney Resort Channel with the older channel music. :-)

Awesome for background music @nelsonj3. :)

I enjoy every video you post. Did I miss one on this thread with Casey (I think) the DVC guide? She talked about the 3-legged goat in the Mary Blair mural and also about the thatch roof in Norway that was "mowed" by goats. Those videos played in our WDW resort room 2010ish thru 2012ish.

Awesome for background music @nelsonj3. :)

I enjoy every video you post. Did I miss one on this thread with Casey (I think) the DVC guide? She talked about the 3-legged goat in the Mary Blair mural and also about the thatch roof in Norway that was "mowed" by goats. Those videos played in our WDW resort room 2010ish thru 2012ish.
Thanks! I agree. I use it the same way. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter