New Value Resort : Disney Animation Inn & Suites - Coming 2012

but I honestly don't see how they'll be able to use the concrete shells. They have been allowed to overgrow for years and lots and lots of weeds are poking through the concrete.

That might be part of the Lion King savannah theming... :-)

This is exciting, but I do wish the plans were geared more toward a moderate/deluxe type resort. It always seems like just because we have a larger family (6 for us), we need to give up the nicer resort amenities. Why not have the suites in mod or deluxe as well. I am sure there are tons of families that would pay different price levels for this.

We, too, wish they would offer more suites at the moderate and deluxe level.

Glad to see Disney is doing something with that area and hopefully a good indicator that the economy is picking up! Can't wait to see this finished so we can stay there!

Bev

I am just happy to hear they are adding suites and a new hotel. This is exactly what my family has been waiting to hear. The hotel theme sounds fun...we love each one of those movies. Thank you Disney!:thumbsup2

IMO, they should have worked the standard rooms throughout the resort. For example, if each area has three buildings, let two be suites and one be standard rooms. I know some people, particularly with boys, who would want standard rooms there, but not necessarily want to stay in the Mermaid area. And yes, I know they could always just go to another resort, but I'm just sayin'....

I read this and had a chucke thinking that my boys would have been so embarassed had we booked a trip to stay in the "Little Mermaid" section and then made a big deal of seeing the new "Princess" section of Magic Kingdom as part of a 2012 trip.

They would much rather Disney add the Indiana Jones ride from Disneyland and get Star Tours 2.0 finished!!

Our family of 6 is SO excited for this new animation themed resort!!!! Can't wait for 2010!

I think this will definitely pull in more money especially for families that have more than 3 kids. It sounds really good in theory. Even though, I have 2 kids and 1 on the way, I wouldn't dismiss staying there in 2012. New hotel, new furniture, fun theming (we LOVE Nemo!), and it's a value resort. The only thing that has me shaking in my boots is the busses:scared1: I prefer to sit down in a shaded area!:laughing:

Glad to hear they're growing!

Although we are a large family, (5 kids) if they set the suites up as they have the All Star Music Family Suites, I doubt we'll ever stay there, as we don't like the lay-out, (mostly pull-outs.)

Still, this is exciting... especially for larger families and for those who like the ASMusic FS.

Love the theme!

I posted something similar on another thread. I do not like the AS Music suite layout. They need to add the nicer DVC pullout furniture and redesign the horrible bathroom/kitchenette layout. I think they'll have a blank slate from which to work, so I'm hoping the Suites are nicer than the AS Music ones. As DVC members, we probably won't stay there for an extended time (perhaps one or two nights before a cruise sometime), but I'd like a place I could comfortably recommend to friends.

This is exciting, but I do wish the plans were geared more toward a moderate/deluxe type resort. It always seems like just because we have a larger family (6 for us), we need to give up the nicer resort amenities. Why not have the suites in mod or deluxe as well. I am sure there are tons of families that would pay different price levels for this.

Not a bad idea. The Junior Suites at CSR is very expensive though. It's more expensive than a garden wing room at CR. I think they figure those families wanting nicer accomodations for Suites will buy or rent from DVC. In other words, they don't want to compete against the DVC properties!

I am thrilled with the idea!! It is frustrating being a family of greater than 4 because you either have to pay out big bucks to get 2 rooms, stay at a deluxe or squeeze into the rooms at POR.
We need more options that are not as pricey!! Can't wait to see what becomes of it. I am hoping that the rooms are a little bigger that what you get at POR for 5 people!!

I agree that the standard rooms should be spread throughout the resort. I wonder if the Little Mermaid section will be the far-away-from-the-food court/bus stop section?

The concept art for the Legendary Years was awesome! There was a Monopoly Board for a courtyard which looked great. I hope to see the concept art for this resort soon.

I can not believe it! I'm very excited about Disney finishing that project. Lets hope nothing catastrophic happens to put a halt to this...

Well this is some exciting news.. And for the record there is an official release from Disney on this so it's not a rumor.

This addresses a number of key complaints..

- the huge increase in the suites availability will give families larger than 4 people lots of places to stay at a reasonable rate.. (probably 180 to 200 a night - admittedly I'm guessing..

- the ugly side of Pop Century will be addressed and will no longer look like a ghost town..

- and.. finally - Generation Gap bridge will be completed and will no longer have a gap!

Very cool. Be interesting to see how much of the existing structures make the cut.. maybe all of them.. altho I suspect what was to be Legendary Hall will be torn down to create something unique to this resort instead of a mirror image of the Classic Hall on the other side of the lake.

This is pretty exciting.

I am thrilled with the idea!! It is frustrating being a family of greater than 4 because you either have to pay out big bucks to get 2 rooms, stay at a deluxe or squeeze into the rooms at POR.
We need more options that are not as pricey!! Can't wait to see what becomes of it. I am hoping that the rooms are a little bigger that what you get at POR for 5 people!!

It it's anything like the AS Music suites, you'll end up paying more for the Suite than two rooms at a Value resort anyway. So there really is no "new" on-site choice for a family of 5 or more. There will just be more availability, which in theory could lower prices a little. Unfortunately, Disney seemed to indicate otherwise regarding future discounts.

IMO, they should have worked the standard rooms throughout the resort. For example, if each area has three buildings, let two be suites and one be standard rooms. I know some people, particularly with boys, who would want standard rooms there, but not necessarily want to stay in the Mermaid area. And yes, I know they could always just go to another resort, but I'm just sayin'....

I agree. Or at least made the standard room wing Nemo. That would appeal to both boys and girls.

Maggie

What we've been speculating for a lonnnggg time is somewhat reality. The Orlando Sentinal has announced that the Pop Century will not expand with the Legendary Years. Instead, on the land where the Legendary Years would have been will occupy a brand new value resort, Disney's Art of Animation. This resort will be comprised of suites with a completion date for sometime in 2012.

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010...hotel-dubbed-disneys-art-of-animation-resort/

I am excited that they are finally going to finish the second part to Pop but my concern would be for those who stay at Pop. Will there be a lot of construction noise? :confused3 And one of the reasons I like like Pop is that you don't share busses with any other resorts, will that change? Other than that I can't wait to see it.:cool1:

I am excited that they are finally going to finish the second part to Pop but my concern would be for those who stay at Pop. Will there be a lot of construction noise? :confused3 And one of the reasons I like like Pop is that you don't share busses with any other resorts, will that change? Other than that I can't wait to see it.:cool1:

I really hope we won't have the construction noise at Pop, I'm staying there for the first time in September! Do you think they will keep the generation bridge open when this is complete? Doesn't Disney usually make it next to impossible to walk from one resort to another?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter