New Value Resort : Disney Animation Inn & Suites - Coming 2012

They should finish it and drop the prices on both of the pops to be more competitive with outside hotels. You can stay at a multi-room suite in Kiss for what a standard in pop costs.... Plus pop is always full...

Disney will not lower it's rates, other than discounts they are currently doing. Why would they? Ever heard of the term LOCATION???? They have it, plus free transportation to and from the airport and parks. Plus you can attach dining to your package which you can't do off property. Nor could you get packages delivered from the parks to your resort or do EMH. These are perks attached to staying at WDW only. (Okay some DTD have EMH hours too.)

Besides, staying on property for most of us is an escape of reality.

I was there two weeks ago and there are only four buildings up. One is the main building and I was not able to get close enough to see what was done in there. The other three are room buildings and there were a few windows in which the covering had come down and you could see the entire way through the building so it looks as though there was not much done on the interior of these buildings so gutting them should not be an issue.

Someone's updated the Wikipedia page to say construction there begins this month on "Disney's Art of Animation Resort," scheduled to open in 2013. But with no source or reference, I wouldn't put too much stock in it... yet.

Someone's updated the Wikipedia page to say construction there begins this month on "Disney's Art of Animation Resort," scheduled to open in 2013. But with no source or reference, I wouldn't put too much stock in it... yet.

That would be wonderful if it will come true!:lovestruc

Actually Pop is expensive in comparison so dropping the price would steal away more people from staying outside. Opening the next section would solve the problem with being full all of the time. Disney (imho) can tolerate more value priced rooms plus it is a shame to see it sitting there unused. What ever they do it will be nice to see it being used. I hope it is true.

BAHAHA.

No, lowering prices would be a BAD thing. The Values are cheap enough and are almost always full. Disney doesn't need to compete with the hotels off-property... the hotels off-property need to compete with the hotels off-property.

They need to do this because they can generate alot of income by setting them up as suites or possibly as the site that tours go to. They could even offer some of them as timeshare units. It'll be interesting to see!:surfweb:

VERY exciting! Er... if it's true, but I think I'll get excited about it regardless. :)

If they do decide to build the Disney's Art of Animation Resort, I feel this would be the same as the all stars (3 areas, different names)

How long until this thread moves to the Rumors board as another "my cousin heard from a bus driver" rumor?

I just got back from POP yesterday and there are few buildings over there. I am so happy to hear they are going to do something with what is there- it was so sad to go across the bridge and see everything blocked off. I love POP, so I'm excited they are going to finish the other half. The arcade at POP closed at midnight last night for refurbs, I wonder if that ties in at all to what they are doing on the other side of the lake.

I just got back from POP yesterday and there are few buildings over there. I am so happy to hear they are going to do something with what is there- it was so sad to go across the bridge and see everything blocked off. I love POP, so I'm excited they are going to finish the other half. The arcade at POP closed at midnight last night for refurbs, I wonder if that ties in at all to what they are doing on the other side of the lake.

Where did you read the news or are you just going from what is posted here?

I would say probably when it is more then waiting for an annoucement that is suppose to be coming out

In 2005, we were in the front of the monorail and the monorail pilot told by 3 boys that they were shooting new film and that the new Star Tours would be opening for the next Star Wars weekend. :rolleyes1

It's now 2010 and I've heard that Star Tours should be closing in October for a rehab. :confused3

We first went to Pop in 2004 and were told they would be building out Legendary years very soon.....I've been waiting a long time for this announcement.

I hope that they finally do something with those ugly buildings, but I haven't seen anything on this yet and there's nothing mentioned recently on the rumor board either. There was this post on 2/1/2010 about a site foreman working on the rehab at POP who talked about them flattening a portion of the legendary years, but keeping some buildings for a future Value resort with a WOW factor:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35255888&postcount=1

Disney will not lower it's rates, other than discounts they are currently doing. Why would they? Ever heard of the term LOCATION???? They have it, plus free transportation to and from the airport and parks. Plus you can attach dining to your package which you can't do off property. Nor could you get packages delivered from the parks to your resort or do EMH. These are perks attached to staying at WDW only. (Okay some DTD have EMH hours too.)

Besides, staying on property for most of us is an escape of reality.
You are absolutely right and these are the reasons we have never stayed off property and why we just bought at Bay Lake Tower. :)

I hope it turns out really nice, it sounds even cooler than all star movies! I wonder if the bridge will open up or be rethemed, too...

Well we'll see what happens! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter