New to the DLP section...

princess_ariel_85

DIS Veteran
Not exactly new to the Disboards or DLP but I've never posted in this section before.

I've been to DLP a few times but over the summer months and one trip in October.

Yesterday DH booked us 4nights/5days in DLP during January for my birthday & we'll be staying in Santa Fe. We know it's not going to be warm, but better a cold DLP then a cold Swadlincote right? lol

So can anyone share their experiences on a trip to DLP in January?? Also last time we went was Oct 2008 so has anything changed at all?

We were at Santa Fe in January this year and OMG it was cold, it was when temps were recorded at minus 16 or something equally ridiculous - we had a fabulous time :lmao:

I liked SF actually and I wasn't really looking forward to it, as I much prefered Cheyenne theming but my nephew (first trip) loved it, the new Cars theme was such a big hit with him, which was good, that's why we booked it. I think by now all the rooms will have been refurbed to Cars.

My only grumble was breakfast and extremely long queues outside after 7.30/8.00. We didn't bother, we requested a GMF breakfast for 1 morning, got to breakfast at 7.00 for a couple of the others and went to McD's/Salon Mickey when we were late, it really was to cold to join the queue.

Apart from that had a fantastic stay, CM's on reception were really helpful, they'd tied in my 1 night expedia booking with my park package, so no room changes and when I requested the GMF breakfast and they didn't have any left the lady went out of her way to find us a slot.

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time, and I'd much rather be at DLP whatever the weather :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter