• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New show debuts this year at MNSSHP! Featuring the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus

Wasn't there a rumor that they're going to make Hocus Pocua 2? Wonder if that's part of the reasoning for this.

Very jealous. Not going this year!

THRILLED we chose to buy tickets for our trip this year. We weren't going to! My children and I are SO into HP!

My first reaction to seeing that link was "meh".

I never got the fascination with Nightmare before Christmas either, but that doesn't stop (huge amounts of) people from lining up at 4:15 to meet characters from the movie.

I'm looking forward to the new show! I remember seeing Hocus Pocus in the theater when I was a kid (the closest theater was an hour away, so going to see a movie was a big deal), and I loved it. I still do - I watched it on TV while passing out candy last Halloween. I also think it's nice to mix things up, add new things so we're not seeing the same things year after year.

I think that it's more popular with people who grew up in the 90's. I remember going to see it as a kid so it holds some nostalgia for me and most of my friends.

My dd is 19 and she bought this last year, so she can watch it when she wants without having to wait for it to come on TV, she loves it.

I am so ridiculously excited now! I wonder if they'll meet at all(doubtful, but I'd like to dream.) I can't wait! Hocus Pocus was my favorite movie growing up.
According to responses to comments on the blog, the Sanderson sisters will only be in the show, they will not have a meet and greet.

Add me to the list that loves this idea! Love hocus pocus :)

I am so beyond excited for this! Hocus Pocus is one of my family's favorite movies to watch around Halloween, so getting to see the witches in a stage show for our first MNSSHP will be awesome. Just hoping that Disney puts a ton of effort into this project, I don't want to be let down! Also adding to the excitement is the rumor of another Hocus Pocus movie "brewing" :stir:

I took my DD to it when she was five years old. We have watched it every year since it was released on video. It's our tradition. Her friends also love the movie. She's had Hocus Pocus parties in the past where they all watch it together. DD IS 27 and it is definitely well known by her crowd.

DD is going to be very excited when she hears about the new show during the party. We go every year, so this will be a treat.

Our family is so excited as well. Our DD3 loves the movie and its been on our DVR since Halloween to watch when she wants. :D:D

My thought was that it was odd and random too. Witches from a 22 year old movie that if I recall was a flop, that most kids today don't even know? (DD actually watched it a year or two ago when it was on tv and did not like it at all.) Then I googled it and saw that in the past year or so rumors have been flying that there might be a remake or sequel and that 6 months ago Better Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Naijimy all said that they would be in and want to do another one. So suddenly- it doesn't seem so random anymore.

It only flopped because some genius thought releasing a Halloween movie in july to compete with free willy was a good idea. It has since become extremely popular getting heavy play around the holiday.

This is very exciting! Hocus Pocus was always a slumber party staple among my friends in the 90’s.

I think us millennials are super nostalgic for anything related to our childhood. Do I understand why? Nope. Am I? Yup!

Half the articles from a website I frequent are from 20-somethings rehashing the favorite aspects of their youth. Either their favorite old school Nickelodeon show, ranking the best 90’s toys or lamenting the loss of Dunkaroos (where did you go Dunkaroos?!?).

I think this addition to MNSSHP will prove to be very popular.

This is very exciting! Hocus Pocus was always a slumber party staple among my friends in the 90’s.

I think us millennials are super nostalgic for anything related to our childhood. Do I understand why? Nope. Am I? Yup!

Half the articles from a website I frequent are from 20-somethings rehashing the favorite aspects of their youth. Either their favorite old school Nickelodeon show, ranking the best 90’s toys or lamenting the loss of Dunkaroos (where did you go Dunkaroos?!?).

I think this addition to MNSSHP will prove to be very popular.

Dunkaroos are still sold in stores. If you have a dollar general around you I know they carry them

Being the cynical old bat that I am, I hope this isn't "new entertainment" to take the place of additional villains being yanked from the regular party and being plopped into another hard ticket event :(

According to responses to comments on the blog, the Sanderson sisters will only be in the show, they will not have a meet and greet.

Did they speak of a meet and greet actually happening this year? or just that there would be no m&G with them? Curious because I'm hoping they don't announce something 2(?) weeks before again.

So excited for the Sanderson Sisters! We watch that movie several times each year around Halloween and my kids love it! Does anyone know if the actresses from the movie will actually be in this show or are they just bringing back the characters (different actresses)? I haven't seen any one reporting this info yet. I would hope it would be the original actresses, but that is quite a few shows for them to commit to, given their already busy schedules (I would imagine).

Did they speak of a meet and greet actually happening this year? or just that there would be no m&G with them? Curious because I'm hoping they don't announce something 2(?) weeks before again.

This is the text of the question and the Disney CM's response:

Verlenia on May 27th, 2015 at 11:19 am
Will they be availble for a character meet and greet during the party as well?

Shawn Slater on May 27th, 2015 at 12:50 pm
Verlenia – There will be opportunities to meet some of the Disney villains around the park, but not the Sanderson sisters. They will only be appearing in the show.

HTH!

So excited for the Sanderson Sisters! We watch that movie several times each year around Halloween and my kids love it! Does anyone know if the actresses from the movie will actually be in this show or are they just bringing back the characters (different actresses)? I haven't seen any one reporting this info yet. I would hope it would be the original actresses, but that is quite a few shows for them to commit to, given their already busy schedules (I would imagine).

I highly doubt that the original actresses will be the ones performing at every MNSSHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter