New Restaurant at Magic Kingdom?

True...but take pride in your company. If you know something is horrible- take pride and fix it. Walt never would have put up with any of that.
I agree with you completely, but unfortunately this has been the reality lately.

It will definitely be nice to have a new restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. The food choices leave a lot to be desired. Even if I could get into BOG, the food is a bit too french gourmet for me anyway.

I just think Disney needs better food at all their restaurants. All the menu are are very limited and the the food is just not great. Just average food at high prices.

I think the food is good and the prices are high. I guess I expect that with amusement/vacation places. That is something I just expect and plan for. What I don't find to be alright is knowing your food in a certain establishment sucks and not putting the effort in to make it good. Once Disney starts slipping with effort and work ethic- we will be done. I pay those high prices because I get a top of the line experience. I won't pay those prices for a mediocre experience.

Am I in the minority that actually thinks the food at most of the restaurants in good? Sure the prices are high but everyone knows that going in. I mean if I'm eating at a QS and get a burger, I'm at the age where I know what a amusement park burger will taste like. The TS options to me have always been very good. But as with anything, if you eat somewhere enough you are bound to get a bad meal here or there. That's just the odds.

Having said all that, very excited for the rumored "Skippers Cantina". Once Disney announces the worst kept secret of course.

I honestly do not think the food is expensive for Fast Food. We went to the Jersey Shore and the food was more expensive and not that great. At least their is a variety in Disney.

I think Disney food prices are much more reasonable then say six flags. For one person at six flags it's like $20, and that's for chicken tenders...

I think Disney food prices are much more reasonable then say six flags. For one person at six flags it's like $20, and that's for chicken tenders...

I agree. At our local Six Flags, going to the MCDONALDS attached to the park is going to be WAY more expensive because of the in-park mark-up. I've never found Disney Counter service to be unreasonable.

The TS choices are so bad at MK, that we will probably just do CS next trip, unless this new place is open. I actually don't mind Liberty Tree at lunch, but it's sort of glorified fern bar food. We have done BOG for lunch and dinner. It was decent, but I don't know if I want to waste the time or money there again so soon, especially when Epcot has so many good choices. DHS is definitely bad, except for Brown Derbey. AK might be getting better, especially for QS.

I think DHS' sit down options are pretty good. It's their counter service choices that are meh.
We only like the Sci-fi mostly because of the environment even though in fairness we've never tried the Brown Derby and really need to. We did not like the 50's Primetimes Café. Of course DHS has the advantage of being close to resorts with a lot of good dining options.

I agree. At our local Six Flags, going to the MCDONALDS attached to the park is going to be WAY more expensive because of the in-park mark-up. I've never found Disney Counter service to be unreasonable.
Wanna see a rip off? Go to your local NFL teams training camp (or game for that matter) and try to get something there. Makes Disney look like a dollar store in comparison

I feel like the Magic Kingdom needs better restaurants. Or ones that you can actually get into. *Cough, BOG, Cough*

We only like the Sci-fi mostly because of the environment even though in fairness we've never tried the Brown Derby and really need to. We did not like the 50's Primetimes Café. Of course DHS has the advantage of being close to resorts with a lot of good dining options.
Interesting we really enjoyed 50s prime time. We also liked sci fi.

Am I in the minority that actually thinks the food at most of the restaurants in good? Sure the prices are high but everyone knows that going in. I mean if I'm eating at a QS and get a burger, I'm at the age where I know what a amusement park burger will taste like. The TS options to me have always been very good. But as with anything, if you eat somewhere enough you are bound to get a bad meal here or there. That's just the odds.

Having said all that, very excited for the rumored "Skippers Cantina". Once Disney announces the worst kept secret of course.

I don't think the food is bad compared to say a Six Flags. However, I do think the food at WDW used to be better, which is the problem. People became accustomed to a certain quality level, which was lowered and the price was increased. Certain things are awesome. There are many items that are not or used to be awesome but aren't as good now. That I think is the issue many people have with the food at WDW. Is it better than many entertainment venues? For sure. On our last trip, BOG, Trader Sam's, and Yak & Yeti were amazing. Chef Mickey and Garden Grill were not. We have had great meals at both in the past, but they missed the mark this time.

I am also excited for this new restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter