• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New POP menu?

The menu looks really good. I don't know what I'll get! The srachi (sp??) mayonnaise is kind of pulling me in though on that Spring Roll Sub!

We check in tomorrow!

The menu looks really good. I don't know what I'll get! The srachi (sp??) mayonnaise is kind of pulling me in though on that Spring Roll Sub!

We check in tomorrow!

Keep us posted. We're sitting here at our keyboards salivating in anticipation!

Well, I told the family tonight. Did not go as bad as I expected. Maybe they are growing up...:rotfl:...but they are bummed about the alfredo. Good thing I make a knock-off at home whenever we need a Disney-alfredo chicken-fix. They told me I have to start making it more now! Not excited about burritos though, but we'll have to wait and see how it plays out. May be doing more park meals this time around!:lovestruc

When I was at Pop last week I found out that Pop's food court is transitioning over to mirror the food court at Art of Animation. They even have one of the most amazing chefs from AoA over at Pop for the next month to help out with the transition. The create-your-own salad was very yummy, but I was a huge fan of the old food court! The new food seems to be much more accommodating to guests with special dietary needs.

We're staying at POP but will likely eat there only for breakfast sometimes before heading out for the day. What are some of the best breakfast items on the menu?

We will, of course, try the famous cheesecake!

Oh I hope they don't mirror AoA too much! My family refuses to stay there because the only things they will eat on that menu are pizza and burgers. We don't eat any spicy food like tandoori and DH won't eat anything like a salad or a smoothie. Slim pickins indeed over there for a meat and potatoes man! Not looking too good for my family! :eek:

When I was at Pop last week I found out that Pop's food court is transitioning over to mirror the food court at Art of Animation. They even have one of the most amazing chefs from AoA over at Pop for the next month to help out with the transition. The create-your-own salad was very yummy, but I was a huge fan of the old food court! The new food seems to be much more accommodating to guests with special dietary needs.

This was my first thought when I saw the new items. Last year we walked over to AOA to eat twice and loved many off the items. I for one am happy to see a few of the items make their way across hourglass lake!

I hope not. We found the AoA food court awful in selection. And what we did get there was not good at all. I ended up throwing most of it away. Pop has been voted the best counter service on property for years, if they go more like Aoa, then that won't be the case anymore. Of course we tend to mostly eat at the parks anyways, but I do want to have a decent selection if I decide to eat there.

You know I really liked the old menu at POP. The new one sounds good too. I booked ASMo for our next trip in Sept. wonder if they will change the menu also :confused3

I am excited about the menu change! I am staying at POP but planned on walking over the bridget to eat at AOA mostly. I like the healthier/more unique items offered at AOA. such a nice change from the same old tired selection they have had for years! the crab quesedilla (sp?) and the shrimp and grits sound fantastic! I cannot wait to try it!:)

I love that too. My guess is the other resorts are going to follow soon. I am betting AS resorts will be next. But I bet the Parmesan crusted chicken is darn good.

I'm actually on my way back from Pop right now, and I just had the reply since I was so heartbroken over the menu change.

The chicken penne pasta dish was my favorite, and now you can still get Alfredo sauce on the cavatappi (sp?) noodles but be aware that the noodles are pre-sauced with either a chunkier marinara sauce or an Alfredo sauce of a different texture. When pre-sauced, they seemed bland and dry. I went back and just asked for plain noodles with sauce on the side. The breading on the chicken was also quite different and the chicken was much drier.

I was also very disappointed to see the breakfast potatoes go away in place of a cheesy potato casserole. It was still good but with my heart set on those breakfast potatoes I was so disappointed. The breakfast wrap was also replaced by a breakfast burrito. Similar concept but just not the same as before:(

I understand the need for change but since so many people seem to love the chicken penne dish... I'm surprised the overall menu changed so drastically.

Wishing for some photos of the new food ..!
Also, has anyone who has already been there know if you can get a "make your own taco" with just shell/beef/cheese? Have people who flatly refuse to have any veggies on their tacos. Actually, for that matter, on any sandwich!

I was there last week. Did not like the menu changes. My DD & I had the new French bread pizza. We both threw it away. Didn't like the sauce on it at all. I tried and liked make your own tacos but only at lunch. I think the salad might be lunch only too. The adult tacos was 4 tacos. If I had gone again I would have ordered the kids meal with 1 taco. The parm chicken didn't look that good to me. The 2 dinners I had there I got the kids cheeseburger which was served on Petridge Farm whole wheat goldfish bread. They were good and probably a lot less calories then the Alfredo chicken I really wanted.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but can you tell me what this Mom's night out is? Or point in the direction of a link that tells me?
They are gone.

Wishing for some photos of the new food ..!
Also, has anyone who has already been there know if you can get a "make your own taco" with just shell/beef/cheese? Have people who flatly refuse to have any veggies on their tacos. Actually, for that matter, on any sandwich!

Yes you tell them exactly what you want on it. But only available til 4:30.

My friend got the nachos. She seemed happy with them but they were served on potato chips. Nachos should be corn chips.

My friend got the nachos. She seemed happy with them but they were served on potato chips. Nachos should be corn chips.[/QUOTE]

eeeek nacho potato chips:crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter