New Parking Structure/Pedestrian Bridge Question

But it would apply if someone at a neighboring hotel heard, correct?

Correct. Take a house project with a noise ordinance restriction. The carpenter can not be banging away with a hammer after hours but the painter with the roller can work all night as long as it does not disturb the neighbors...even if it keeps the kids upstairs awake.

Now, there are also work hour restrictions put on projects as well...but that is how specifically a noise ordinance in construction is typically applied.

I am so upset now. Because of my husband's job, we had to push our trip to June. We are booked at the Desert Inn so that we can go back during the afternoon with our 3 year old. Now I just don't know what to do. We can't afford an expensive hotel. We don't want to have to drive to and from the park or take a shuttle. We need a room with extra space (we are in a parlor suite.) So yeah...I am so upset and lost now. :(

Will we still be able to walk easily to and from the hotel/park? Or will we have to go some new/crazy way?

Will it be insanely loud in the afternoon? My son has autism so this concerns me if we go back to the hotel to rest (not nap.)
You may be okay staying where you are. Tell the front desk that you need a quiet room for your son because he has special needs. The other thing to keep in mind is that these older motel type places often have loud air conditioning. You could probably create white noise to drown out the outside sounds.

Have you looked at Candy Cane Inn? I don't know how large their rooms get, but they are a very easy walk and if you don't feel like walking, they have a private shuttle that runs all day.

Last time we requested a top floor room toward the back of the hotel and it wasn't too bad for noise (except for noisy neighbors the last day and the maid's cart every morning.) We went in February though so I'm sure it was easier for them to fill my request than it might be in June.

Sorry if this was mentioned, haven't read all posts, but I saw in one of the videos that the current crossing on Harbor in front of IHOP will remain, so happy about that! Going through the back of the hotels near there would have added a lot of walking

Sorry if this was mentioned, haven't read all posts, but I saw in one of the videos that the current crossing on Harbor in front of IHOP will remain, so happy about that! Going through the back of the hotels near there would have added a lot of walking

The crosswalk Near The IHOP across from the Esplanade? My understanding is that it will be closed and all foot traffic from the Harbor hotels will need to go across the new bridge, thus all of the grumbling by the owners of those establishments, unless something has changed.

The crosswalk Near The IHOP across from the Esplanade? My understanding is that it will be closed and all foot traffic from the Harbor hotels will need to go across the new bridge, thus all of the grumbling by the owners of those establishments, unless something has changed.

Someone on the panel (city council?) specifically asked if the crosswalk would be removed and they answered no

Interesting, it looks like Disney caved, and is going to have to have two different security checkpoints. I'm pretty sure that wasnt what Disney originally wanted.

Thank you for sharing, that's our route into the parks and unless it's just as easy someway in the new configuration, I was hoping it'd stay open.

OK, first off, I am a bit limited, as I just had surgery for Colon Cancer (all went well). Just too many cords on my hands.

Yes, the meeting was on 12/12.

The commissioner later back steps, as a staff member stated that the crossing will remain for a couple of years (Aka until the bridge opens). Then stated that in weasel words that it is unknown what will happen, as it is not part of the Zoning Request. (The city will have the final say, and right now they want to remove it as part of an overhaul of Harbor Blvd. in Anaheim to improve traffic flow). Aka the city doesn't want to talk about until Disney gets it approval.

That said, Disney has stated there will be a limited (aka small) security check on the west side of Harbor, but for those coming from Hotel Menage (soon to be Four Points) and those crossing at Manchester (aka HoJo's). (aka the plan Disney is planning has the crosswalk at Park Vue Inn/BWPPPI&MS will be removed).

So no crosswalk from Disney Way to near the CM area (Harbor Pointe) on the West Side, basically to force people over to the new bridge entrance.

The Hotel and Restaurant Owners are making a lot of noise due to the fact the plans have it being removed, even though Disney and the city doesn't want to come out and directly state it will be gone. Since Disney wants to make a big Marketing announcement in a copy of years for the DCA expansion, they are keeping it quiet on purpose.

OK, first off, I am a bit limited, as I just had surgery for Colon Cancer (all went well). Just too many cords on my hands.

The commissioner later back steps, as a staff member stated that the crossing will remain for a couple of years (Aka until the bridge opens). Then stated that in weasel words that it is unknown what will happen, as it is not part of the Zoning Request. (The city will have the final say, and right now they want to remove it as part of an overhaul of Harbor Blvd. in Anaheim to improve traffic flow). Aka the city doesn't want to talk about until Disney gets it approval.

That said, Disney has stated there will be a limited (aka small) security check on the west side of Harbor, but for those coming from Hotel Menage (soon to be Four Points) and those crossing at Manchester (aka HoJo's). (aka the plan Disney is planning has the crosswalk at Park Vue Inn/BWPPPI&MS will be removed).

So no crosswalk from Disney Way to near the CM area (Harbor Pointe) on the West Side, basically to force people over to the new bridge entrance.

The Hotel and Restaurant Owners are making a lot of noise due to the fact the plans have it being removed, even though Disney and the city doesn't want to come out and directly state it will be gone. Since Disney wants to make a big Marketing announcement in a copy of years for the DCA expansion, they are keeping it quiet on purpose.

Sorry to hear about your surgery, but I'm glad all went well. Thank you for your excellent information as always.

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but glad that the surgery went well. Here's to a full recovery and remission!

Interesting. Thank you for the clarification

First off, thanks for the get well comments...

As for the Restaurant owners, they are very frustrated with the way Disney works....

The Hotel owners deal with Disney on a regular basis. so they are used to it.

But I totally understand why they are saying things like "Why won't they just tell us what is going on with the West Side of Harbor" and since Disney doesn't need much in city permission (Already zoned for whatever Disney wants to do as part of "Disneyland Resort Specific Plan" approved in the 1990's). And Disney has talked to the city, but with the need for a non-disclosure clause to protect their intellectual properties, they also can't say things that they have been told "might" happen in the future, such as an expansion of DCA into the current Transportation Hub. But they can't talk about in these meetings and similar things. And they still don't know when the next presentation/hearing will happen. The fact sheet now says "Spring 2017", and the City Council review in "Spring to mid-2017".

http://www.anaheim.net/3531/Eastern-Gateway-project

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter