*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

Hello Everyone!

Thanks to Lucy for the invite!

I finally booked our room for a five day vacation for Me, my Mom and my Daughter from Feb 6th - 11th! My daughter turns 8 on the 7th - and we will be at the Magic Kingdom that day!

We have decided to stay at POFQ. I stayed there in 2000, when my boys were then 5 and 2. My daughter loved looking at that Scrapbook - and she asked to stay there!

I booked with AAA discount for room only. I will watch these boards daily for future Discounts!!

Here is my tentative plans...
We fly in late on Wednesday - so the 6th is just a hotel night.
7th -MK all day for Allison's Bday. Lunch at CRT.
8th - Animal Kingdom - Downtown Disney
9th - Epcot
10th - Studios
11th - Chef Mickey's Breakfast and 1PM Flight Home.

I want to make this a special birthday for her, yet I want to be pretty low key. This is her official "Mom and Me" trip! I took my oldest son when he was 10, in 2005 ... and my middle son when he was 11, in 2009. Those two trips were my all time favorite trips at Disney. To focus on one kid, was wonderful and special for me as well as them!!

Looking forward to the planning!
Catrin

Hi Catrin! :wave2:

:welcome: to the February group.

We'll arrive on the 6th as well, so we'll be resort mates for a few days.

I love that you'll be doing a solo trip with your daughter for her birthday, does she know about it yet?

Hi Catrin! :wave2:

:welcome: to the February group.

We'll arrive on the 6th as well, so we'll be resort mates for a few days.

I love that you'll be doing a solo trip with your daughter for her birthday, does she know about it yet?

Yes, she certainly does!
Part of the One on One Trips ... one of the most fun parts that is... is the planning. I have let each kid pick where they wanted to stay. Kyle picked POR and Matt picked Pop Century. With Kyle, it was all about the food. We had the dining plan and back then, 10 year old kids paid kids price and could order adult meals. He ate like a king! We had fun planning meals, etc. For Matthew, it was all about the adventures. He did not want to eat any real meals (although we did eat at Chef Mickeys one night).. because it would take away from the rides!

With Allison, it will be all about meeting Characters. She has been to Disney twice.. once, she was only 2. Last year, we went for a day before our Cruise, and she did not meet characters. She is very excited about an Autograph Book and her Birthday Dinner inside the Castle!

I am thinking about Photopass Plus, even though we are going to be there for only four days.

Catrin

OK I am back and will start to update the list again! Thank you everyone for the congratualtions! If some of you didn't know I had a baby a month ago, so I have been exhausted and have been trying to get the baby on a routine. She is finally sleeping better during the night so it is getting better! :cool1: This was the last thing on my mind to do, so I am sorry if some of you had to wait to get added to the list. I will start going through all the old posts to get everyone added to the list! :)

OK I am back and will start to update the list again! Thank you everyone for the congratualtions! If some of you didn't know I had a baby a month ago, so I have been exhausted and have been trying to get the baby on a routine. She is finally sleeping better during the night so it is getting better! :cool1: This was the last thing on my mind to do, so I am sorry if some of you had to wait to get added to the list. I will start going through all the old posts to get everyone added to the list! :)

Welcome back Jannel!

Congrats on your new baby, Janelle--and thank for your work on the thread. I miss having a baby in the house...but not making plans for any more additions! Yay for everyone's upcoming trip! :banana:

OK finally got everyone updated or added to the roll call list. I have not even attempted the ADR list udpdate yet. That will have to wait. If I made any mistakes, please let me know!

I am hoping to hear something about discounts for 2013 very soon since the promos for the rest of this year expire today. Come on Free Dining!!!

I couldn't agree more! I had to book before promos came out as I only want to stay at POR and could risk them selling out. Free dining would be icing on the cake :)

Come on Free Dining! I am hoping the magical announcement day is Monday!!!

I agree! Please, please, please let it be free dining--for my family of 5 that's a much better deal than a room-only discount! (And if we don't get any discount then we'll have to rethink our plans altogether! :sad:)

Anybody know how far in advance the 2013 promos will last for? Just the spring or all year?My friend book DVC points for her stay in February, so she isn't able to take advantage of the free dining offer, but I am planning a November stay for my family, and free dining would certainly add some incentive to book!

Hi everyone! Can I still get on the list!? I just booked my trip about a week ago. Will be staying at POR February 2-8!! I am so excited and just recently joined the forum to get in on all of the excitement and trip planning! This will be my second trip, my first being just this past July. However, this is my first time staying on Disney property and going to all four parks! In July I travelled with my boyfriend and 2 other couples and we rented a house. We only did MK and HS, and we did two days at Universal (way less fun). I could have easily done without Universal and would have wayyyy preferred to do all four Disney parks but I jumped at the chance to go because I've been dreaming of a Disney vacation since I was TWO! I'm 25 now!!!

Anyways, I obviously had a blast (cried when I saw the castle ... then again later during the fireworks) and my boyfriend and I are returning alone in February to do a COMPLETE Disney vacation. Staying on the property, 5 day tickets, dining plan, etc. I cannot wait as I am Disney obsessed and I'm really going to struggle to pass the next 124 days. I thought this site would be a great place to get all my Disney obsessions out, as well as find a lot of planning tips!

Hi everyone! Can I still get on the list!? I just booked my trip about a week ago. Will be staying at POR February 2-8!! I am so excited and just recently joined the forum to get in on all of the excitement and trip planning! This will be my second trip, my first being just this past July. However, this is my first time staying on Disney property and going to all four parks! In July I travelled with my boyfriend and 2 other couples and we rented a house. We only did MK and HS, and we did two days at Universal (way less fun). I could have easily done without Universal and would have wayyyy preferred to do all four Disney parks but I jumped at the chance to go because I've been dreaming of a Disney vacation since I was TWO! I'm 25 now!!!

Anyways, I obviously had a blast (cried when I saw the castle ... then again later during the fireworks) and my boyfriend and I are returning alone in February to do a COMPLETE Disney vacation. Staying on the property, 5 day tickets, dining plan, etc. I cannot wait as I am Disney obsessed and I'm really going to struggle to pass the next 124 days. I thought this site would be a great place to get all my Disney obsessions out, as well as find a lot of planning tips!

:welcome: Thats awesome! I will add you to the list. I will be there the same time! :) I cry every trip too. I just get so emotional when I get to Disney or even if I see a Disney commercial on TV. My husband thinks I am crazy! :confused3

I agree! Please, please, please let it be free dining--for my family of 5 that's a much better deal than a room-only discount! (And if we don't get any discount then we'll have to rethink our plans altogether! :sad:)

I am in the same boat! If they don't have any promos I may have to re-think our trip altogether.

If you have already booked and they then offer a free dining plan or something, can you still get it?! I would be so bummed if they came out with one and I had already paid for it!!

:welcome: Thats awesome! I will add you to the list. I will be there the same time! :) I cry every trip too. I just get so emotional when I get to Disney or even if I see a Disney commercial on TV. My husband thinks I am crazy! :confused3

All my friends think I am crazy too. They are the crazy ones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter