• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*~*NEW October 2013 Thread*~* Our Month Has Arrived!

Good grief, I'm gonna have to spend some time on my knees about next week! :littleangel: All these reports about crazy insane crowds, broken monorails, thunder storms....this is not what I wanted to hear for my elderly parents' first trip!

We leave in 6 days. Plenty of time for things to turn around! I didn't know about a fall break for schools. Glad it is this week and not next week. A good thing to know for next year.

Does anyone know when the GF will have my reservation in their system? I've heard 10 days out, 3 days out, 2 days out...

MN school break is this week, not sure of other areas/state, BUT Orange County FL schools (Orlando area) are out next week Thursday-Friday too. We are anticipating heavier crowds that weekend - MK, MNSSHP and F&W particularly might be busy.:faint:

Hi everyone! Joining in!:wave2: I don't how I missed this thread...:dance3: Anyway, we leave Sunday the 20th and are staying at BC. This is our first time staying on property and only our 2nd ever trip to WDW so I am super excited!!

I have also been stalking the weather on all 4 of my weather apps....:rotfl:

Just arrived at Pop Century. I was wearing my magic band when we went through the security gate. They scanned my magic band instead of looking at my photo ID. They also said that it alerts the front desk that you have arrived so they can get your check-in packet ready. Sure enough, we walked right up and it was ready.

I was told to have our MB out and ready for ME though, so bet that works (or will work) the in the same way to alert them you are coming?

That is really cool! I have my MBs and just trimmed mine down a little. Have any of you trimmed yours for the kids or taken the grey off? I am nervouse about that.

That is really cool! I have my MBs and just trimmed mine down a little. Have any of you trimmed yours for the kids or taken the grey off? I am nervouse about that.

Hi! We just tried them on the kiddos to be sure, and then took the grey off. Glad we did that ahead of time though, because it left a rough edge that DH then sanded down smooth. Fits the MUCH better now and I don't have to worry about them telling me they are uncomfortable. I was otherwise going to just have to get sleeves, but if I'd rather spend the $$ elsewhere. :thumbsup2

Hi! We just tried them on the kiddos to be sure, and then took the grey off. Glad we did that ahead of time though, because it left a rough edge that DH then sanded down smooth. Fits the MUCH better now and I don't have to worry about them telling me they are uncomfortable. I was otherwise going to just have to get sleeves, but if I'd rather spend the $$ elsewhere. :thumbsup2

Okay, good to know. Was it hard to get the grey off?

Hi everyone! Joining in!:wave2: I don't how I missed this thread...:dance3: Anyway, we leave Sunday the 20th and are staying at BC. This is our first time staying on property and only our 2nd ever trip to WDW so I am super excited!!

I have also been stalking the weather on all 4 of my weather apps....:rotfl:

I trimmed much of the grey off of my MB; couldn't quite use just the colored portion, but it was so much more comfortable without the extra grey portion wrapping around my wrist. I have also been using some books to make sure the band curves in the correct places to keep the Mickey head on the outside of my wrist. :thumbsup2

We only tried our Magic Bands on when they first came. I'll probably regret not breaking them in before we leave.

Just wanted to let everyone know, we were at Epcot last night for our VN ADR and it was INSANE!! I know people had said that F&W was crazy on the weekends and they weren't kidding. We didn't wait in any of the long lines bc we were headed for dinner. We are planning to go tomorrow instead. I'm so glad now I didn't plan on my F&W experience to be be on the weekend ( at night anyway) maybe it was better during the day.

I would compare the crowds to July 4th!!!!! It may have been worse.
So if it's your first time doing F&W and you're not planning on staying long, avoid the weekends. ;)

Something else I noticed, it is really crowded this weekend in general. There were long standby waits at HS yesterday too. We have APs but don't stay onsite, so don't get FP+, which I think really negatively affected us this weekend. At HS yesterday the only thing I wanted to do was TSM. We got there at 9:30 ( it was EMH) and the return time for FP was 7:20! We couldn't come back bc of our ADR at Epcot. We waited for 1 hour and 40 min. I have NEVER waited an hour for a ride before bc we always use FP. I admit it was bad planning on my part. We were winging it this trip bc we just came back and are going again in December. Yesterday was the only day we had for HS bc of my limited ADRs.

Hope this helps someone!! We are having a blast anyway. We are renting boats this afternoon and going to Ohana's tonight. Both surprises for our DSs!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Quick question about your Ohana dinner. Did they have the kid games last night? I saw in another post, in the restaurant area, where someone posted that they didn't on the 2 occasions that they were there a couple of weeks ago. CM told them they cancelled the coconut races and such due to complaints. We are dining there on the 20th and definitely hoping that there are games for the kids!

Quick question about your Ohana dinner. Did they have the kid games last night? I saw in another post, in the restaurant area, where someone posted that they didn't on the 2 occasions that they were there a couple of weeks ago. CM told them they cancelled the coconut races and such due to complaints. We are dining there on the 20th and definitely hoping that there are games for the kids!

Last time we were there was in July, but there were no games then for dinner. They played music, but did not do anything contests or games with the kids. :confused3

I'm no expert bc the first time I ate there was in July. They did have coconut race but no hula dancing. I think my niece did hula dancing in July. And it was a guy not the woman I remember. He also called people up who we're celebrating b-days, anniversaries etc. and sang to them. That was it.
I'm gonna post on the Ohana thread too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm no expert bc the first time I ate there was in July. They did have coconut race but no hula dancing. I think my niece did hula dancing in July. And it was a guy not the woman I remember. He also called people up who we're celebrating b-days, anniversaries etc. and sang to them. That was it.
I'm gonna post on the Ohana thread too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How was your trip? Are you back home yet?

The day for Disney is here.
So get ready to shout and cheer.
Here is hoping your trip is a blast.
May pixie dust and fun always last.
Disney is waiting for you.
Hope all your dreams come true.

~Arriving October 15~
dawnhaze- October 15- October 22 @ POP
helenlovesdestroy- October 15- October 29 @ POFQ

One day more! We leave tomorrow! Picking up the kids right after school tomorrow and heading to the airport. Yay! :cool1:

A heads up about the magic bands we discovered yesterday. ... if you have a fp+ scheduled and one person in your party decides they shouldn't ride ie motion sickness. . .and another really likes the ride you can swap bands and they can go again. We did this with Everest and it worked out fine.

Horrors!

We are leaving in Five Days (glory!) and I woke up feeling sick! :crazy2:
Feeling snotty nosed, with a sore throat and even kinda....feverish!!

This is NOT acceptable! I'm taking chewable vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc lozenges, eating chicken soup, resting, buying disney pins, drinking fluids, checking rental car rates, resting...

Lordy! I need this to PASS and FAST! :scared:

Horrors!

This is NOT acceptable! I'm taking chewable vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc lozenges, eating chicken soup, resting, buying disney pins, drinking fluids, checking rental car rates, resting...

Oh no! FEEL BETTER QUICK! DH and I were both sick on our trip one year. He started feeling ill a day or two before we left and I started feeling sick shortly after we got there. We had bad colds for almost the whole week. Went back to the room early most nights, used a lot of tissues.

Horrors!

I pray you feel better quick!!!

Thank you so much!

When I called Mama this morning, I tried to cover up my stuffy nose sounding voice so she wouldn't worry. I caught this from DH, who caught it at work...along with about 8 other employees....as somebody (!) didn't stay home when they got sick! :3dglasses

My hands are ice cold but I feel feverish. It's amazing all the disney pin deals I can find while sequestered to the bed! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter