***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Ntrain said:
We check in on 12/22. I was able to do online check-in and the Fastpass choices opened up. my question is, does the whole group needs to do the same ride at the same time? My son can not do some rides so I was thinking have my husband do a headliner while the two of us do another ride/show. I do not want to waste DS FP
I have not tried anything yet on the site for FP reservations.

No. You can make fp+ for everyone at the same ride, or pick & choose who each fp+ will be for. Play around on the site & see!

I have not seen this myself, just had a friend tell me a of yesterday they were not giving paper fast passes to those with MB, again I just HEARD this, did not observe it myself, anyone there now to confirm this?

I have not seen this myself, just had a friend tell me a of yesterday they were not giving paper fast passes to those with MB, again I just HEARD this, did not observe it myself, anyone there now to confirm this?

There is no they. FPs come from a machine and unless a CM is going to tackle you to the ground to physically restrain you from getting a FP, there is no stopping people. ;)

Tell your friend to stick her KTTW card in the machine and take the FP. I know it is still working as I pulled paper FPs myself yesterday at the MK.

KTTW cards will start to be phased out starting with those people checking in Oct 27and later.

There is no they. FPs come from a machine and unless a CM is going to tackle you to the ground to physically restrain you from getting a FP, there is no stopping people. ;) Tell your friend to stick her KTTW card in the machine and take the FP. I know it is still working as I pulled paper FPs myself yesterday at the MK. KTTW cards will start to be phased out starting with those people checking in Oct 27and later.
Thanks!

In my blog, I mentioned that the FP+ will then be only available to MagicBand users and no longer will they get paper-FP.
I am going in 3 weeks and I will confirm once I get back.
But I am not going to be happy if it's really true that I can't get regular FP.

My assumption of this rollout MagicBand was to make it more digital so I would think I can get regular FP just like the paper one, but instead just scanning your MB and have it reserved digitally.

Unless someone can confirm for me before I go there.

In my blog, I mentioned that the FP+ will then be only available to MagicBand users and no longer will they get paper-FP.
I am going in 3 weeks and I will confirm once I get back.
But I am not going to be happy if it's really true that I can't get regular FP.

My assumption of this rollout MagicBand was to make it more digital so I would think I can get regular FP just like the paper one, but instead just scanning your MB and have it reserved digitally.

Unless someone can confirm for me before I go there.

They have not to this point retrofitted the FP kiosks to be able to handle RFID devices. They still only scan tickets/cards with magnetic stripes.

There is no indication that you will be able to do anything like the old system once everyone converted over. It will be FP+ only, done as it is done now, with a limit of 3 (occasionally 4) per day in a single park.

Quick question about Lights. Motors. Action! Stunt Show FP+ :

Is it a specific seating area reserved for FP+ like Fantasmic! or they simply let you in before other guests?

Thanks in advance!

I'd love to know this too, but no one answers when I've asked.

I believe I read on another thread that they have a section reserved - this was in the beginning, when not as many were using it. Not sure if it has been changed or modified since then.

I believe I read on another thread that they have a section reserved - this was in the beginning, when not as many were using it. Not sure if it has been changed or modified since then.

Awesome! Thanks for the answer.

We are testing it next week so I'll let you know when we'll be back!

One of the early rumors/speculation was that once your FPs+ were done you would be able to log in and gain additional FP+s, based on availability. This has not been the case, but FP- machines are still around.

Have there been any more rumors (e.g., from higher ups IT CMs, etc.) about whether you will be able to get additional FP+ after the FP- machines are phased out and you have used your 3 FP+s for the day?

My experience from Oct 17 - Oct 21. FP+ was a very interesting experience. The parks did seem busier than the same time last year. It seems to get more busy with each year, so..... Mostly my fast passes were not as fast as they used to be. Some things I had to wait 20 mins, others it wasn't too bad. Expect at least a 10 minute wait. In past years I've experienced walk ons. Afternoon FP+ are probably the worst for waiting! which is what you would expect with stand by.

Not sure what my plan will be in the future, long term planning probably. I think I would have had a very unhappy family if we hadn't had the FP+. The regular FP times were pretty late fairly fast. I'm hoping as it is still testing that they are still figuring out numbers. Time will tell. Still had a great trip, felt bad for folk that didn't have the planning advantage...

I'm planning a trip to WDW in December. We're going to do 3 days at the parks and the Mickeys Christmas Party one night and then go on the Disney Dream for the Holiday Cruise.

The problem I'm having is getting everything linked up on the My Disney Experience website. We're going to stay at the Dolphin so I was expecting that not to link up but they have the Swan and Dolphin in the drop down menu when you manually link it so I tried. It doesn't find the reservation.

When I try to link the tickets, I put in the order confirmation number and they come up to link to a profile. There's 2 sets (park ticket and Mickey Christmas Party) and they show up but I can only apply them to one profile. When I do that once we get back to the main page they don't show up there. It just says there are no tickets linked to the profile.

We go Dec 5-8 for the parks so I was going to try to get some reservations set up before then but have been unsuccessful getting anything to link up. Do I need to wait until I get the physical tickets in the mail and use those numbers to link them?

I'm planning a trip to WDW in December. We're going to do 3 days at the parks and the Mickeys Christmas Party one night and then go on the Disney Dream for the Holiday Cruise.

The problem I'm having is getting everything linked up on the My Disney Experience website. We're going to stay at the Dolphin so I was expecting that not to link up but they have the Swan and Dolphin in the drop down menu when you manually link it so I tried. It doesn't find the reservation.

When I try to link the tickets, I put in the order confirmation number and they come up to link to a profile. There's 2 sets (park ticket and Mickey Christmas Party) and they show up but I can only apply them to one profile. When I do that once we get back to the main page they don't show up there. It just says there are no tickets linked to the profile.

I'm not sure what pulldown you are referring to - there isn't one on the web site that I've seen. As for the smartphone app - well, let's just say it has problems.

We go Dec 5-8 for the parks so I was going to try to get some reservations set up before then but have been unsuccessful getting anything to link up. Do I need to wait until I get the physical tickets in the mail and use those numbers to link them?

The Swan and Dolphin are not Disney owned/operated resorts, so aren't taking part in MagicBands/FP+ at this time, so troubles in getting your tickets linked do not currently matter, at least until they open things up to non-resort guests.

I'm not sure what pulldown you are referring to. I don't see it on the web site. If you are using the smartphone app - don't. Let's just say it has issues.Try doing all this on the web site.

And don't bother linking the party tickets. Disney actually does not want you linking them at this time. You still have to use the actual tickets to enter/get your wristbands. So don't worry about them.

The Swan and Dolphin are not Disney owned/operated resorts, so aren't taking part in MagicBands/FP+ at this time, so troubles in getting your tickets linked do not currently matter, at least until they open things up to non-resort guests.

I'm not sure what pulldown you are referring to. I don't see it on the web site. If you are using the smartphone app - don't. Let's just say it has issues.Try doing all this on the web site.

And don't bother linking the party tickets. Disney actually does not want you linking them at this time. You still have to use the actual tickets to enter/get your wristbands. So don't worry about them.

I'm doing it on the website. When I go to My Reservations and click the "help us link it" link it goes to the page where I can put in the Confirmation number and last name. After that a box pops up saying "tell us more about your reservation". That's where there's the drop down box with the Swan/Dolpin is at.

For the tickets when I put in the order number it brings up all 4 tickets (2 for the parks and 2 for the party). I don't have the option to select only the park tickets or to apply certain tickets to certain profiles. They all just are applied to one, or that's the only option I have.

So since I'm unable to get tickets and such to link I am unable to make dining reservations online correct? So I'll need to call to make or to check if reservations are available?

I'm doing it on the website. When I go to My Reservations and click the "help us link it" link it goes to the page where I can put in the Confirmation number and last name. After that a box pops up saying "tell us more about your reservation". That's where there's the drop down box with the Swan/Dolpin is at.

For the tickets when I put in the order number it brings up all 4 tickets (2 for the parks and 2 for the party). I don't have the option to select only the park tickets or to apply certain tickets to certain profiles. They all just are applied to one, or that's the only option I have.

So since I'm unable to get tickets and such to link I am unable to make dining reservations online correct? So I'll need to call to make or to check if reservations are available?

Dining reservations are independent of tickets. You can make those online even without a reservation. Swan/Dolphin guests do not get the "+10" benefit on ADRs anyways.

When adding tickets, they first go to your profile. Once done, you should have the option of re-assigning tickets to other members that are linked to your profile or controlled by you (i.e. children who do not have their own MDX profiles).

Dining reservations are independent of tickets. You can make those online even without a reservation. Swan/Dolphin guests do not get the "+10" benefit on ADRs anyways.

When adding tickets, they first go to your profile. Once done, you should have the option of re-assigning tickets to other members that are linked to your profile or controlled by you (i.e. children who do not have their own MDX profiles).

The tickets don't show up under the profile they are assigned to. It brings up the same "there are no tickets linked" message and tells me I need to link tickets. I go and link them again and go back to the profile and same thing happens.

When I'm trying to do dining reservations it tells me to call a number on all of them I've tried.

The tickets don't show up under the profile they are assigned to. It brings up the same "there are no tickets linked" message and tells me I need to link tickets. I go and link them again and go back to the profile and same thing happens.

When I'm trying to do dining reservations it tells me to call a number on all of them I've tried.

Very strange. Looks like you'll need to call about both issues.

At what point are all the "good" slots full on the headliner attractions? I am checking in at Wilderness Lodge on Friday 12/20. I have customized my magic bands, but do not currently have valid tickets. I am waiting for them to arrive from Undercover Tourist (should be just a couple more days). I am within the 60 day window now (57 days out). How long before all the "good" fast passes are gone?

I'm planning a trip to WDW in December. We're going to do 3 days at the parks and the Mickeys Christmas Party one night and then go on the Disney Dream for the Holiday Cruise. The problem I'm having is getting everything linked up on the My Disney Experience website. We're going to stay at the Dolphin so I was expecting that not to link up but they have the Swan and Dolphin in the drop down menu when you manually link it so I tried. It doesn't find the reservation. When I try to link the tickets, I put in the order confirmation number and they come up to link to a profile. There's 2 sets (park ticket and Mickey Christmas Party) and they show up but I can only apply them to one profile. When I do that once we get back to the main page they don't show up there. It just says there are no tickets linked to the profile. We go Dec 5-8 for the parks so I was going to try to get some reservations set up before then but have been unsuccessful getting anything to link up. Do I need to wait until I get the physical tickets in the mail and use those numbers to link them?

Don't waste time call the IT dept. I did for something and they were great

Is the Fastpass+ now available for everyone? I am not able to access this online
I have annual passes - could this be why. I thought everyone was supposed to have access by now.

We are going in January.

Thanks for the help

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter