***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

We are currently in WDW. All of our selections have been working great on FastPass Plus, however, yesterday we experienced a glitch on the My Disney Experience Mobile APP for iPhone. When I bring up the app, I get a sign in page but nothing works (it worked great until about 11 am yesterday). I cannnot check anything on the App, but everything shows up on my laptop. This isn't great for in the in the parks if you plan to rely on your phone to let you know when and where your next FAstPass+ experience is, or what time your dinner or other attraction reservations are. Anyone experiencing this with the App?

Someone reported MDE was down for them too.

I'm sure you already know this. However, I figured I would share the info just in case someone did not know. If you have a Disney Chase Visa card you can see characters without having to waste a fastpass. They have a special meet-and-greet just for members/credit card holders.

I am trying to get a Fastpass for myself to the Epcot Character Spot so that I can take my 2 y.o. DD while DS and DH use their Fastpasses for Mission Space. On one page it says that Fastpass+ is available for this attraction. But when I go to change my Fastpass (originally I had one for Mission Space too), I am not given the option for Epcot Character Spot. Anyone know why this is? If it matters, these are for the first week in December. Thanks!

Where's the special meet and greet?

Seeing the joy in your child's face as they see their fav movie character in person..
It's the same joy an adult gets seeing their fav. Actor, In Person.. (Only in this case, they can talk, and hug them)

Lines can be VERY long for them.. Has some can talk and play with the children..

So, we hit some bigger glitches today, DDs magic band wasn't working for anything but purchases (how conveeenient), and none of our FastPass + reservations worked in AK today. Regardless of the glitches, DD got into AK and we got on the rides. There were also some pretty big backups slower than the old turnstiles) happening in AK and MK entrances with MagicBands and cards not reading at the tap readers this afternoon, some things they'll have to tweak.

So, we hit some bigger glitches today, DDs magic band wasn't working for anything but purchases (how conveeenient), and none of our FastPass + reservations worked in AK today. Regardless of the glitches, DD got into AK and we got on the rides. There were also some pretty big backups slower than the old turnstiles) happening in AK and MK entrances with MagicBands and cards not reading at the tap readers this afternoon, some things they'll have to tweak.

So i guess it's ok to pull FP- with all the problems .. LOL

Our experience went really well with the magic bands as far as all of the park entrances, room charges, fastpasses and dining went. The one thing I did have a problem with was that the little knobs that lock into the bracelet holes both broke by the end of our trip. I was just putting it in my purse by our last day and pulling it out as needed. I didn't have time to go to the lobby and wait forever for a new band and risk everything not working as it should but I would like them to know that it happened. Who should I contact?

Seeing the joy in your child's face as they see their fav movie character in person..
It's the same joy an adult gets seeing their fav. Actor, In Person.. (Only in this case, they can talk, and hug them)

Lines can be VERY long for them.. Has some can talk and play with the children..

:) Again, where is the character spot? :thumbsup2

After so many trips to WDW I feel like a newbie all over again!!! :) I just customized my first Magic Band and chose my FastPass+ attractions! :thumbsup2 It was actually pretty easy. I chose a pink band, verified my mailing address, picked my attractions and the times I preferred, all went smoothly. :goodvibes I look forward to experiencing MyMagic first hand in just a couple of weeks! :cheer2:

Where's the special meet and greet?

It's in other innovations building from character spot and across from where's the fire exhibit ( or whatever is there now), around corner from old Segway training thingie. Basically it's black curtains and a sign. I believe the meet is from 1p est to 7p est. you have to show Disney Visa card at head of line before being let in to see Characters. They will give you a voucher to claim your photo at camera store under Space ship earth by end of that night.

I read most of the thread and I still don't see how fp+ is worth anything over regular fp

I had family go the second week of sept and friends go last week
Both reported the exact same things, they selected fp+ only to find out the wait time was basically nothing and in turn the fp+ was a total waste

With fp you can see what the wait times are and get fp for the ones with longer waits
With fp you are not locked into being at a specific place at a specific time which can be a big deal with it is raining, you have young kids, many reasons
The only advantage I see to fp+ is that you don't have to get to the park right at opening in order to not get a (possible) return time of hrs later

So if someone can explain to me what I am missing and how fp+ is good, tia

Well, FP+ will be great for some people, especially with older kids, that like to sleep in and get to the parks late. Sure, if you go at rope drop every time, it may not be worth it to you. Also, you can't take someone's Sept experience (slowest time of the year) and consider that the norm. Sheesh, I remember running like a maniac just to get fast pass for Soarin' during Thankgiving week. Got there not too long after rope drop and received a 1:30 return time!

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I couldn't find it in the page links.

We will be at WDW Nov 7-15. We will be staying one night at AOA, Nov 7. Nov 8-15 we will be off property at a timeshare. We are AP holders. When I linked my reservation for AOA to My Disney Experience I noticed that I could now book FP+. My question is, I can book for all days that I will be at Disney, not just the first night. Has anyone else experienced this? Will the FP+ that I pick for the rest of the week be valid? Does my magic band deactivate when I check out?

Thanks for your knowledge,
Jasmin

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I couldn't find it in the page links. We will be at WDW Nov 7-15. We will be staying one night at AOA, Nov 7. Nov 8-15 we will be off property at a timeshare. We are AP holders. When I linked my reservation for AOA to My Disney Experience I noticed that I could now book FP+. My question is, I can book for all days that I will be at Disney, not just the first night. Has anyone else experienced this? Will the FP+ that I pick for the rest of the week be valid? Does my magic band deactivate when I check out? Thanks for your knowledge, Jasmin

It shouldn't. We have 2 days at the dolphin after our BLT stay, so we are in the same boat.

Previously during testing, people could make FP+ reservations only during a valid resort stay. Now, if you have a working MB and AP, you should be able reserve FP for ANY day up to 60 days in the future, whether you are off site or a day visitor. I haven't seen any confirmation you can make FP+ with any linked ticket, but I assume you will be able to make FP+ reservations with any linked ticket in the future.

I have my MB and some fast passes made. Staying at GF. But now I'm thinking of doing a split stay and switching to AKL as I really love this resort. Does anyone know what this does to my MB? We leave Nov 8.

Well, FP+ will be great for some people, especially with older kids, that like to sleep in and get to the parks late. Sure, if you go at rope drop every time, it may not be worth it to you. Also, you can't take someone's Sept experience (slowest time of the year) and consider that the norm. Sheesh, I remember running like a maniac just to get fast pass for Soarin' during Thankgiving week. Got there not too long after rope drop and received a 1:30 return time!

Very good point on time of yr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter