• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

So, my TA had previously told me that we weren't supposed to get MBs/FP+ for our trip (21 days!). I asked her for more info, & here's what she said: "Apparently, the rollout has been jumpstarted by the blogosphere which has really taxed the system at large. Apparently, while the system was live and people are accessing it (like yourself), they should have only been using it if theyd recd an invite from Disney to do so. That was the design anyway (I guess they should have clamped down a bit more then). So, right now, there are more people than were intended to be on it which is causing some problems on the park side." What do you make of this? Seems to me that Disney made this problem for themselves by managing this project very badly. (Cross posting...)

I'm not certain how true this is. I'm staying at POR starting next week, and the entire resort is MB testing (the test began just after Labor Day). I was able to customize my MBs and received them in the mail. However, I have not received an invitation for MBs but I also haven't received any communications from Disney (I'm guessing b/c I booked with a TA through AAA). But I know the whole resort is testing, regardless of my lack of formal invitation from Disney.

Hmm... well, that's good to know, if a little disappointing for park hoppers.

One recommended strategy for hoppers is to get FP+ reservations for the park you will be visiting in the late afternoon and evening, and tour the old fashioned way (including getting paper FPs as you can) in the morning.

One recommended strategy for hoppers is to get FP+ reservations for the park you will be visiting in the late afternoon and evening, and tour the old fashioned way (including getting paper FPs as you can) in the morning.

Or just use your KTTW card and pull paper FP

So, my TA had previously told me that we weren't supposed to get MBs/FP+ for our trip (21 days!). I asked her for more info, & here's what she said:

"Apparently, the rollout has been jumpstarted by the blogosphere which has really taxed the system at large. Apparently, while the system was “live” and people are accessing it (like yourself), they should have only been using it if they’d rec’d an invite from Disney to do so. That was the design anyway (I guess they should have clamped down a bit more then). So, right now, there are more people than were intended to be on it which is causing some problems on the park side."

What do you make of this? Seems to me that Disney made this problem for themselves by managing this project very badly.

(Cross posting...)

If this were true, they wouldn't give MBs to every guest who checked in even if they didn't customize ahead of time and had no idea about it. And they wouldn't have enabled it for people in their profiles.

They are doing it on a resort-wide basis. If that is too much for them, they should have slowed the rollout. Instead, all resorts will be included within just a few more weeks.

Great post and information.

Question to my fellow Canadians, I've read here that right now they aren't shipping MB's to Canada due to cost, but can we still customize and have them at the resort when we arrive? Or are we stuck with the bland, generic, I mean iconic grey bands?

Not going until August, so I'm sure it will all shake loose, but am curious as it sits right now. Hoping they'll either ship to Canada eventually, or give us a chance to pay the added shipping cost.

Great post and information.

Question to my fellow Canadians, I've read here that right now they aren't shipping MB's to Canada due to cost, but can we still customize and have them at the resort when we arrive? Or are we stuck with the bland, generic, I mean iconic grey bands?

Not going until August, so I'm sure it will all shake loose, but am curious as it sits right now. Hoping they'll either ship to Canada eventually, or give us a chance to pay the added shipping cost.

From what I understand they will just hold them at the resort for us. I customized our MB's last week and that was the message on the website.

From what I understand they will just hold them at the resort for us. I customized our MB's last week and that was the message on the website.

Same message I got. We got to customize our Bands and they will be waiting for us upon check in... Can't wait!

I've been able to make FP+ selections for a few days now. When I logged in today it's like the system has stopped working.

When I called I got a super sweet & helpful CM in the IT department. When she couldn't fix the issue she thought it was because I haven't been invited yet & they are still making changes all the time to how this works since it's still in the testing phase. I asked if my current selections have a chance of being wiped out & she said yes. She said they just had a meeting on that & they are still tinkering with how the site operates. She said nothing is official until the reservations you make after you receive the letter.

I'm hoping it works it's kinks out so at least I can make my plan the way I want it. I was midway making changes so it's kinda messed up currently.

I've been able to make FP+ selections for a few days now. When I logged in today it's like the system has stopped working. When I called I got a super sweet & helpful CM in the IT department. When she couldn't fix the issue she thought it was because I haven't been invited yet & they are still making changes all the time to how this works since it's still in the testing phase. I asked if my current selections have a chance of being wiped out & she said yes. She said they just had a meeting on that & they are still tinkering with how the site operates. She said nothing is official until the reservations you make after you receive the letter. I'm hoping it works it's kinks out so at least I can make my plan the way I want it. I was midway making changes so it's kinda messed up currently.[/QUOT]

LOL I better hold on to my letter

I've been able to make FP+ selections for a few days now. When I logged in today it's like the system has stopped working.

When I called I got a super sweet & helpful CM in the IT department. When she couldn't fix the issue she thought it was because I haven't been invited yet & they are still making changes all the time to how this works since it's still in the testing phase. I asked if my current selections have a chance of being wiped out & she said yes. She said they just had a meeting on that & they are still tinkering with how the site operates. She said nothing is official until the reservations you make after you receive the letter.

I'm hoping it works it's kinks out so at least I can make my plan the way I want it. I was midway making changes so it's kinda messed up currently.
That was one of the super sweet and unhelpful CMs in the IT department. All they can do is link tickets and reservations to your MDE account.

Yesterday, most everyone with late November check-ins had their MB's disappear from their MDE accounts. IT said we were never supposed to be invited so early and to wait for our letters.

Magically, our bands are back today (we just have to customize them again). I too have been trying to make some FP+ edits today with no luck. The system is probably down. Try again tomorrow.

Whatever you do, don't wait for your letter. It may never come and you will miss your opportunity to book your FP+'s and customize your MB's.

Yes, those CM's are very pleasant but very unhelpful as those meetings they are having are telling them to be nice but not to give out any information as no one knows what is really going on behind the scenes.

That was one of the super sweet and unhelpful CMs in the IT department. All they can do is link tickets and reservations to your MDE account.

Yesterday, most everyone with late November check-ins had their MB's disappear from their MDE accounts. IT said we were never supposed to be invited so early and to wait for our letters.

Magically, our bands are back today (we just have to customize them again). I too have been trying to make some FP+ edits today with no luck. The system is probably down. Try again tomorrow.

Whatever you do, don't wait for your letter. It may never come and you will miss your opportunity to book your FP+'s and customize your MB's.

Yes, those CM's are very pleasant but very unhelpful as those meetings they are having are telling them to be nice but not to give out any information as no one knows what is really going on behind the scenes.

I'm so glad you wrote and shared your experience matthewhavens. It actually gives me hope that the whole system is being wonky today and not just my account. I will keep at it as you provided good advice. Hopefully I can make it the way I want at least. Thanks!!!

I really wish this were an option for everyone. I would have much rather just picked them up when I got there, instead of having to remember to pack them. Plus they would save so much on shipping (and you know that cost is being passed on to us somewhere...)

We are arriving 12/27 and I am trying to really stay on top of this b/c of the craziness at that time of year (go every year at this time but obviously never with bands or FP+!). I have a MDE account, and my resort and ADR reservations are listed. I have listed my husband and 2 kids, but haven't yet "linked" the tickets because I'm not 100% sure I will opt in if asked. So I have a couple questions:

1. For some reason, my husband is listed twice on our account--same info, character pix, etc, but one has a "check" after his name, and the one below says "Invite" and underneath that says "pending". Both kids are listed and next to their names it says "invite" and then the next column says "You manage this account"--is DH name listed 2x going to be a problem? Any advice?

2. We are going to be away the end of November--pretty much right at my 30 days out--and it's going to be VERY hard for me to act on any last minute issues. Should I just go ahead and order magic bands now (if possible?) and just not link or use them if we aren't asked or decline? I don't care about customizing them--so is there any need to order them early?

3. If you are asked via email to test, do you reply via email? And if so, are you then immediately able to register your FP+ rides and times or is that done later? I am going to be out of the country at that 30 day period and dealing with this might be hard--just want to have thought thru this ahead of time.

Thank you so much for this great thread!

1. For some reason, my husband is listed twice on our account--same info, character pix, etc, but one has a "check" after his name, and the one below says "Invite" and underneath that says "pending". Both kids are listed and next to their names it says "invite" and then the next column says "You manage this account"--is DH name listed 2x going to be a problem? Any advice?
I would say it Won't be a problem, when you make any FP+ assignments just pick the same one twice, might be something to call IT about by I heat they aren't benign helpful right now...

2. We are going to be away the end of November--pretty much right at my 30 days out--and it's going to be VERY hard for me to act on any last minute issues. Should I just go ahead and order magic bands now (if possible?) and just not link or use them if we aren't asked or decline? I don't care about customizing them--so is there any need to order them early?
You can't customize yet from what I can see, but it should be coming. You have two choices a)customize when you can and chose to use or not when you get there.
b) don't customize, decide upon arrival, and get grey bands without your name if you want to use the system.[/QUOTE]

3. If you are asked via email to test, do you reply via email? And if so, are you then immediately able to register your FP+ rides and times or is that done later? I am going to be out of the country at that 30 day period and dealing with this might be hard--just want to have thought thru this ahead of time. Thank you so much for this great thread!

People are reporting getting the invite byte late, if you are interested in doing it check MDE every so often to see if you can customize and make FP+, and stay tuned to the boards as you will see lots of reports when December starts to pop into system. If you wait for email it may be while you are gone and that sometimes is only a 3 day warning.

We are arriving 12/27 and I am trying to really stay on top of this b/c of the craziness at that time of year (go every year at this time but obviously never with bands or FP+!). I have a MDE account, and my resort and ADR reservations are listed. I have listed my husband and 2 kids, but haven't yet "linked" the tickets because I'm not 100% sure I will opt in if asked. So I have a couple questions: 1. For some reason, my husband is listed twice on our account--same info, character pix, etc, but one has a "check" after his name, and the one below says "Invite" and underneath that says "pending". Both kids are listed and next to their names it says "invite" and then the next column says "You manage this account"--is DH name listed 2x going to be a problem? Any advice? 2. We are going to be away the end of November--pretty much right at my 30 days out--and it's going to be VERY hard for me to act on any last minute issues. Should I just go ahead and order magic bands now (if possible?) and just not link or use them if we aren't asked or decline? I don't care about customizing them--so is there any need to order them early? 3. If you are asked via email to test, do you reply via email? And if so, are you then immediately able to register your FP+ rides and times or is that done later? I am going to be out of the country at that 30 day period and dealing with this might be hard--just want to have thought thru this ahead of time. Thank you so much for this great thread!
my daughter was listed twice as well. Once as an infant and once as 3 year old. She had dining reservations on each account so I couldn't just cancel one. I called the Disney And a very nice CM helped me in the IT department I believe. Now she is only listed once. Good luck.

I don't get why they keep sticking to this line about "you have to be invited!" There is nothing on MDE about getting an invitation. The links on the site are active and functional, for the most part. If this magical invitation is so crucial why is there nothing about it on the site? Unless someone is tied into a message board like the DIS how are they ever even supposed to know about this magical invitation?

If I end up having to call IT (thankfully so far I haven't had a need) and they give me the invitation speech I'm going to play dumb and ask "what invitation? There's nothing on the website about an invitation and the site said to customize my MB's ..."

It annoys me that they are trying to blame their guests for all of these problems when they have had the ability to control access if they wanted. I don't believe the "invitation" is the issue and they should stop using it as an excuse.

And is the CM saying that any FP+'s made before your "invitation" is issued aren't valid & won't stick? and if you receive an invitation you need to go back in and try to redo everything?! I find that hard to believe and if that's the case I'll be ticked (eg. if we get to the parks & our FP+s don't work or we lose them & don't get our times back). Why not block a user from using the system if their invitation hasn't been issued if this is the case? Haven't there been several people who say they never ended up receiving the invitation but they still used FP+?

meganhernandez76 said:
my daughter was listed twice as well. Once as an infant and once as 3 year old. She had dining reservations on each account so I couldn't just cancel one. I called the Disney And a very nice CM helped me in the IT department I believe. Now she is only listed once. Good luck.

I can't answer most if your questions. But on the invite, for my August trip, I did receive an E-mail and overnight mail inviting me to participate and giving me instructions on how to log into MDE and customizing my band. Going back next month. No invite, but when we logged into MDE and checked MB and cards, we had a notice that we had MBs to customize. That was the only invite we had and was given 10 days to customize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter