New Magic!

DCL Sailer

Earning My Ears
I've been reading all the posts about the Magic and I do feel a little disappointed. I think the most important reviews will be in the weeks to come. This should give us all an idea of what is being done to remedy these problems. We cruise in 24 days and I am anxious to see how they are doing in resolving the issues at hand. Positive thinking.

We sail on 11/24 and am worried Alia! Spoke to DCL last night, they said 'we are working around the clock to solve issues!' Fingers. Crossed!

I was a little worried, but then I thought about it and I also know people who cruised and didn't have anything to complain about, so I'm not worried anymore. Can't wait till November 20th to cruise:goodvibes

We sail on 11/10... If I said I was not nervous I would be lying...

I think we will have a better feel, and hopefully much more positive feedback on the cabins and plumbing/electric/AC when the ship returns on Friday and folks report.

I am staying optimistic, and have not mentioned anything to our travelling party. I will not be a happy camper if we have plumbing or similar issues!

Fingers Crossed,

Never Say Never

I am not nervous. Disney is amazing! There will always be issues but unless they are so severe that it is REALLY dangerous it is all how you want to look at things. Our first Disney cruise we had two very rather large issues. Did I let it ruin my cruise? NO WAY! The rest of it was AMAZING and magical and I keep coming back. A dirty toilet is not a reason to worry. Be glad you are going on a Disney cruise...there are several people who cannot vacation ever...just food for thought =)

I am not nervous. Disney is amazing! There will always be issues but unless they are so severe that it is REALLY dangerous it is all how you want to look at things. Our first Disney cruise we had two very rather large issues. Did I let it ruin my cruise? NO WAY! The rest of it was AMAZING and magical and I keep coming back. A dirty toilet is not a reason to worry. Be glad you are going on a Disney cruise...there are several people who cannot vacation ever...just food for thought =)

I think what's really amazing is for you to go on a cruise with "two rather large issues" and still come out with the magic intact. That's fantastic. :thumbsup2

I don't know if I'll be able to maintain that magic when we sail on 11/10. Aft cabin on deck 6 and those toilets better flush! :rotfl:

Hi, would someone mind posting a link to the review of the new Magic, or help point me in the right direction to find it? I have been looking everywhere and can't find one!

Thanks!

I don't know if I'll be able to maintain that magic when we sail on 11/10. Aft cabin on deck 6 and those toilets better flush! :rotfl:

We're 6 AFT on that cruise as well... saw a problem in rooms too close to our room for comfort. Hoping all is resolved by then - we already had our 10/20 cancelled. I'm going to think positive until then. :-)

Thanks for sharing!

I'm not sure how I feel about that review. Based on my previous experience with DCL, I would expect that all of the rooms will be cleaned up and free of construction dust by the time we sail at the end of next month.

I'm not as up to date on the schedule, but it seems like maybe they were scrambling to meet the deadline for that 2 night sailing?

Don't get too downhearted - I was on the 10/25 sailing and I had a very positive experience. Take a look at the new pics i've started to upload to my flickr account and you'll see it's amazing - I am sure they will iron out the relatively small number of cabin issues.

Disney Magic ReImagined Atrium by P17blo, on Flickr

We sail on 11/24 and am worried Alia! Spoke to DCL last night, they said 'we are working around the clock to solve issues!' Fingers. Crossed!

We too are on this 5 night cruise (family w/ 10 of us). My DH and I just returned from a Regent Mediterranean cruise that was soooooooo nice. Now we're counting the days to experience our first Disney cruise but concerned reading about the problems in the cabins after the dry dock. We spent a lot of $$$ for this 3 generation cruise.

I sure hope recent Magic other recent cruisers will update us.

I enjoyed the podcast, but obviously they had no issues with their staterooms. I'm sure if there were any problems in any of the staterooms, they definitely wouldn't have kept quiet about it.

I enjoyed the podcast, but obviously they had no issues with their staterooms. I'm sure if there were any problems in any of the staterooms, they definitely wouldn't have kept quiet about it.

They know about the problems, so I'm surprised they didn't address them more thoroughly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter